Make your own custom colored suits with Kerbal Space Program 1.10: "Shared Horizons”

Just Jim

4 hours ago, Kerminator1000 said:

No its the cheats menu, you can create a kerbal in one of the dropdown option.

I will say it again. I thinks its ALT+F4

@Kerminator1000, bruh. Its a joke. Im saying that to be funny. Or just hit  Windows, hit Tab, go down to SHUT DOWN menu, and hit Enter. I now feel like you actually tried that before posting the comment.

On 7/2/2020 at 12:46 PM, Just Jim said:

Not only do we have the new Suit Picker in 1.10, it is very easy now to make your own custom colored suits!!!

Will this be on Xbox and PS4 as well??

• 3 weeks later...

SHAMELESS PLUG:

Updated these:

I HAVE THESE, STANDARD, VINTAGE & FUTURISTIC, ALL IN 640X480 TO 2560X1440 OPTIMIZED SIZES, AS ANIMATED WEBP'S. if anyone wants

BUMP UPDATED: ANIMATED WEBP SUITS OPTIMIZED TO 4:3 & 16:9 AT 480P TO 1440P (THESE ARE THE 720P OPTIMIZED UNIVERSAL: TRANSPARENT COLOR, SINGLE TABLE, REVERSED LABELED) AVG 388KB SIZE AT 538x720 PIXELS

Human-Stuff-Vintage-Suit-Animated-720.weHuman-Stuff-Standard-Suit-Animated-720.wHuman-Stuff-Future-Suit-Animated-720.web

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Question, since I'm only recolouring suits and the default icons still work for me.

The example only hints at the default Future suit icon: Squad/Suits/Icons/kerbalicon_suit_future

What's the path to the Default and Vintage suit icons? Is it merely kerbalicon_suit_default and kerbalicon_suit_vintage?

7 hours ago, Shadow86 said:

Question, since I'm only recolouring suits and the default icons still work for me.

The example only hints at the default Future suit icon: Squad/Suits/Icons/kerbalicon_suit_future

What's the path to the Default and Vintage suit icons? Is it merely kerbalicon_suit_default and kerbalicon_suit_vintage?

The example is still a picture, you can take a screenshot of Vintage and Future icons while playing then crop the screenshot to only save the part you want.

What I did was a picture of my kerbal wearing a suit and croped it to do a thumbnail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 4:16 AM, PocketBrotector said:

Is it possible to create custom normal maps that will be used by the suit picker?

Yes, add this: normalTexture = <normal map name and location> under the suitTexture field

On 11/10/2020 at 4:16 AM, PocketBrotector said:

Does it matter whether the texture is saved with some level of transparency?

Yes, opacity is used to contain the texture's specular values (shininess, kind of) but it's not actually needed. You can leave the whole texture fully opaque and it will just look a bit glossy in-game.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Le Lynx said:

exadexadecimal? how i know the name of the colour?

Hexadecimal colour is a way of storing RGB color as an alphanumeric string , ranging from #000000 (black), to #ffffff(white), to any of 16,777,216 different colours. it's divided into 3 parts, each ranging from 00 to FF (which is 256 in hexadecimal). FF0000 is pure red, 00FF00 is pure green, 0000FF is pure blue, and you can define anything in between. It's better than saying 'reddish, greenish, blueish' 256 times each for every pixel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a long time fan of KSP and have enjoyed this forum very much, but never felt like I had anything to contribute until today. Id like to introduce the newest member of the Green Lantern Corp one Jedidiah Kerman! I have been loving the new suit editor and love that I can truly crteate my own space program now!!!

nRLvKBZ.pngq0L5nK7.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 3:37 AM, AMA PR0 said:

I have been a long time fan of KSP and have enjoyed this forum very much, but never felt like I had anything to contribute until today. Id like to introduce the newest member of the Green Lantern Corp one Jedidiah Kerman! I have been loving the new suit editor and love that I can truly crteate my own space program now!!!

nRLvKBZ.pngq0L5nK7.png

I love it! Maybe a Wonder Woman one for Valentina next?

46 minutes ago, JB182 said:

i open GameData>Squad. but no Suit! what happen?

You have to make a Suits folder, stock suits are all in assetbundles and so don't have a folder in Gamedata.

Actually don't do that. Make your own folder in Gamedata, then make the Suits folder inside of that.
So for example: Gamedata/JB182/Suits

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.