Last touchups in Duna SOI:

Spoiler

The final relay captures at Duna:

2eAFCvR.jpg

It originally was in an equatorial orbit, but I did a 90° plane change so Ike will be in the way less.

s2EPDHF.jpg

The probe tankers have docked to the R&D B&B after a couple orbits.

XIAePLt.jpg

Next round of payload designs:

Spoiler

After several hours of designing, I have the next transfer planned out.  Here is the first payload I will be launching.  The top is essentially a glorified tanker, with two Jumbo-64's and two Wolfhounds.  It will be a 2 kerbal extension for the Kronos as well as tripling the TWR of the final Duna-bound craft.  The bottom is a big bundle of basic rovers.  There are sixteen rovers, each with four seats.  That should be enough to get me the "Basic Rover" achievement for up to 128 kerbals on Duna (I don't plan on sending more than that).

bc4XMl1.jpg

The second payload is a stubby little thing, with two stabilizers for the base, a huge LS tank, and a 5 kerbal base segment attatched.

aRunTOP.jpg

The third payload contains the Narrow Band Scanner and reusable parachute pack I was thinking about bringing, as well as a lab for the "Deep Space Laboratory" achievement and a large tanker probe.  I was slightly under the mass limit, so I threw some science equipment into a cargo bay, because what else am I gonna use the lab for?

ehP8FyX.jpg

The fourth (and final) payload is where the real mission value starts to get going.  In addition to the Jumbo-64 tank, this overgrown base segment can hold 23 kerbals.

u87aeiG.jpg

Once the payloads are fully assembled, they'll form a 40 kerbal, 94 meter long, 342 ton behemoth with way more dV than I actually need.  I think this is the highest pert count I've ever had on one of my crafts.

9Qalnx3.jpg

Tanker and Basic Rovers launch:

Spoiler

At Year 4, Day 202, it's time to launch a payload.  I find it funny that this tiny rocket is able to send this absurdly bulky payload to orbit in a single stage, with nearly 800 m/s left over in a 80km orbit.

Troyxcz.jpg

Roasting that oblong marshmallow:

5tUAbYg.jpg

Docked with the Kronos.  'Tis time to do yet another Minmus ISRU mission.

ezvAyyd.jpg

Jettisonning the booster:

YbsFY1G.jpg

As there is no rule saying I actually have to land near the KSC, I landed it on another continent since the burn for Minmus will happen over the KSC.

Fn19S9z.jpg

Edited by RoninFrog

Rover delivery to Minmus and Kronos return to LKO:

Spoiler

The Kronos burns for Minmus:

jnw7KXY.jpg

Captured at Minmus.

xjt0ixG.jpg

Landed and docked to the Curdie.  Over a hundred tons of fuel is being extracted.  I calculated that more than half of the mass of the craft that will leave for Duna will have been pulled out of Minmus' rocks.

QmXaA9E.jpg

A nice, gentle liftoff half a day later.  This craft is a bit chunkier than previous tankers, using four Terriers instead of Sparks.

J3QoqzX.jpg

The bundle of rovers can be seen in the top center as the Kronos burns for LKO.

6hcLNKm.jpg

Braking into LKO.  The craft still had over 3300 m/s left over after the burn.  I'm pretty sure it's got enough firepower to qualify for "Advanced Deep Space Transit".

IR45VJD.jpg

Here comes Arfield in the Flappy Bird, as usual.

FYhWlJH.jpg

Transferring Kerbals in LKO:

f823jyp.jpg

To make these mining missions more interesting, I'm gonna start landing the Flappy Bird at different places on Kerbin.  I don't believe I've ever flown a plane further than the Island Airfield before.  All my spaceplanes have landed at the KSC, except for the one that landed at the Desert Launch Site.

BMEsROl.jpg

Landed safely.

mwQUh8N.jpg

By my count, I have refueled 15 crafts on Minmus so far.

Edited by RoninFrog

180 days later, it's time for the next payload.

a7xsPkD.jpg

Orbit.  That thing looks tiny compared to the last payload!

biaNXhh.jpg

Everything has been docked.

21zVZ7u.jpg

Booster return.  It is actually really inconvenient to land at the KSC.

Fg5gpUi.jpg

Burning for Minmus.  This craft has room for 14 kerbals with habitation rules, and Handon and Lashel have it all to themselves.

oZYeysI.jpg

Capturing at Minmus.  Wow!  So many night pictures!

0y2caOt.jpg

The base segment and LS have been docked to the rovers.  This little craft is gonna get a lot bigger later.

OzjSvXI.jpg

Refueling.  The Kronos had 1500 m/s left after landing on Minmus, so I don't need to be hauling the extra tanks around.

I7ziUoL.jpg

Away we go!

EsUWCxs.jpg

Docked with the Monstrosity (or the beginnings of it).

cZXTBdY.jpg

Go all the way around Minmus to get to the Curdie?  No way!  That would take way too long!  When it's only 350 m/s to completely reverse the orbit direction, it's totally worth it.

NPQtFSP.jpg

Landed and refueling.

X5XXsw6.jpg

Taking off and burning for LKO were basically the same burn.

gC9kuTx.jpg

Back in LKO, Handon and Lashel await Arfield and the Flappy Bird.

2aP0IQh.jpg

Here they come!  Tearing through the atmosphere.

7BXpU8i.jpg

Transferring crew in LKO:

d4q4I6z.jpg

Landed at night at the desert airfield.

oC1s8UN.jpg

Now to wait another 180 days.