Orange Eve (request)

catloaf

After the April fools Jool I thought about other planets that could be Orange and realized that Eve would be a perfect choice. An orange Eve would be more interesting and realistic. EVE and scatterer support would be nice (I think you could use modified spectra or avp textures provided that you credit them.) I know this will probably not happen but it would be grand if it did (I think it would be easy but I don't know how these things work.)

Edited by catloaf

It is theorized there was a brief time in Earths history, before the rise of chlorophyll and free oxygen, when the seas were dominated by purple bacteria. Earth was a purple planet. 

Doesn't that suggest something really interesting about Eve?

10 hours ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

It is theorized there was a brief time in Earths history, before the rise of chlorophyll and free oxygen, when the seas were dominated by purple bacteria. Earth was a purple planet. 

Doesn't that suggest something really interesting about Eve?

Yes, I need to send a science probe to investigate, but I still want an orange version. However I also doubt that earth ever had a purple atmosphere or purple land.

Edited by catloaf

15 hours ago, catloaf said:

After the April fools Jool I thought about other planets that could be Orange and realized that Eve would be a perfect choice. An orange Eve would be more interesting and realistic. EVE and scatterer support would be nice (I think you could use modified spectra or avp textures provided that you credit them.) I know this will probably not happen but it would be grand if it did (I think it would be easy but I don't know how these things work.)

Why not a mod that makes ALL the planets orange?

7 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

Why not a mod that makes ALL the planets orange?

Orange Eve would be cool because it's more realistic and similar to Venus.

3 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

Not sure if it works in recent versions though.

I seriously doubt it would work because I've used 1.6 planet packs in 1.8 and they were broken.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.