Fuel transfer issue with V 1.10

After installing the V1.10 update I experience a fuel transfer issue:

Selecting two tanks in the usual way shows the dialog with the buttons In + Out visible, however, the transfer works only for the first time I try this after loading the game. Closing the dialog and reopening with the same tanks shows In+Out buttons again but the transfer doesn't work.

This happens even with the most trivial setups, like e.g. 2 half full tanks with no parts inbetween + remote guidance unit + battery on the launcher.

Bug or feature?

Installed: Kerbal 1.10.0.2917 + Breaking Ground 1.5.0

This issue is confirmed > https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/25680

I just shipped my first mission to Duna and it relies on ISRU so I'll take a break I've reverted to 1.9.1 until the patch is resolved, as that mission is dead in the water without reliable resource transfer otherwise. Hope to see a patch out soon!

Edited by Aphotix

sometimes it works as in 1.9.xxx ( it works as long as you keep selecting tanks you havent selected before )  , most of the times i can do 1 transfer then have to revert to tracking station or some other screen , then i can do 1 more transfer ,  very tidious when you have to refill  6 tanks.. ( i refill from One main tank on the station )

i rather not change due to the ever growing loading times between screens  in career mode

Edited by Sixer
work around found.

I too confirm experiencing this bug.
To add more complexity and confusion, sometimes fuel will transfer, but not among the currently selected group of tanks, rather the tanks that had been transferring fuel previously, continuing as if I had not changed the selection but simply hit the button again.
At least one time fuel transfer failed to work to begin with when I entered the Flight scene and selected more than two tanks. Transfer only seemed to work between pairs of tanks.
The F5/F9 technique restores fuel transfer functionality temporarily, but the bug remains so in order to perform multiple transfers it is necessary to do this over and over. Since KSP has various memory leaks, this inevitably leads to high memory usage and poor stability and performance, necessitating a restart of the program or inviting a crash.
I do not have any DLC installed, so I can confirm this is not a DLC-related issue.
I did not see any messages in the Alt+F12 window or KSP.log related to fuel transfer or any error messages appearing to correlate with attempts to transfer fuel, so in all likelihood this is not a case of a runtime exception.

In 1.9.1 I did not experience this bug, so unless I'm mistaken it is a new bug originating from a change that occurred in 1.10.0.

I've shared my findings on the existing bug tracker issue: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/25680

I ran into this today trying to refuel my lander from the space station around the Mun. I refilled the center tank fine, but then nothing when I tried to refill the six external tanks. When I went to the tracking station and back I was at least able to highlight all six external tanks and the refill tank at the same time and finish the refueling using the OUT button on the refuel tank. Since I'll probably change focus between lander refills anyway it's makes this annoying, but not completely game-breaking to me. I just have to remember to refill all the tanks at once and not try to do them one at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it wasn't fixed in 1.10.1. I couldn't find a way to transfer ore between holding tanks using TAC Fuel Balancer. I'm currently working on a project which requires a lot of resource transferring, so this bug is quite annoying! xD

I decided to reply to this post here even though it's a few weeks old. There were no other posts related to the bug, so I figured I should reply here.

EDIT: You can temporarily fix the issue by time warping. It's probably the easiest way atm, still annoying.

Edited by Tochno
found a temporary fix to the bug

Having a similar issue in my (modded) Career game. The In/Out option doesn't appear when I try to transfer fuel:

2cM4JOV.png

Possibly related: trying to transfer TAC Life Support resources doesn't work either -- the In/Out options are there, but nothing happens when I toggle them.

EDIT: Reloading the game fixed the TAC problem, but not the fuel problem.

Edited by Mitchz95

7 hours ago, Mitchz95 said:

Having a similar issue in my (modded) Career game. The In/Out option doesn't appear when I try to transfer fuel:

Possibly related: trying to transfer TAC Life Support resources doesn't work either -- the In/Out options are there, but nothing happens when I toggle them.

EDIT: Reloading the game fixed the TAC problem, but not the fuel problem.

Yeah its a widely known bug, i hope they are close in fixing it, next patch hopefully soon.

You can like warp and fix it, or change vessels etc but i sure hope so as others said its on their target list for the upcoming fixes.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.