A Bit of Reality, or an attempt at RSS

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't over, but some side projects were taking priority. In the process of trying to port the save over to a rescaled 10.625x KSRSS since it seems to play much easier on my computer for some reason... so hopefully this will be back soon with better graphics, restock, and lots of other little changes!

Update: I don't think KSRSS rescaled is going to play out due to some terrain bugs. A shame, given that it runs smoother and the visuals are better on my slow-ish computer. So close to working...

Jessel is sad.

5lKRXxZ.png

But, on the bright side, since the mars fleet is ready, I do intend on firing up RSS and continuing out into the aether shortly! Possibly with a few additional mods as well.

Edited by aspacecephalopod

They're back!

Spoiler

-Log, Jessel Kerman, day 196-

Well, after a few weeks of exploration here on Luna, we got a mysterious call from Earth saying they had new plans and were putting lunar missions on hold. So, we naturally got heading back home ASAP! There was some damage to the train along the way, but we just removed the damaged modules-we won’t be coming back here specifically. We got back to Lander A and boosted for Lunastation, which went well. Onward home! I wonder why the change of pace on missions though. Maybe they know something we don't?

YVLplol.png

OLtPtxT.png

sDdc1qF.png

axiXiGr.png

-end log-

-Log, Chuck Kerman, day 201-

Back on Terra Firma! We took the NTR powered crew ship back to LEO, docked with the same Pear capsule that had brought us out of earth’s atmosphere in the first place, and deorbited and touched down in the southern US. All went well-we even got to use the monoprop thrusters on the Pear for landing for added fun. Who needs parachutes? Now, to figure out why we're back so soon...

qMYiNne.png

aowAHh9.png

CD3fS5c.png

4KwQpb0.png

-end log-

8 hours ago, James M said:

I'm loving this :D  Unfortunately I don't have the time to finish reading it all today. Got to the part after one of your Kerbals were supersonic'd back home lol. The logs make me laugh. Hope you keep this going!

1 hour ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Seems like this will be interesting! My kerbals will welcome this new reading material to make their boring missions fun:D.

Thank you both! It's definitely going to continue, though I'm not sure how quickly. I kind of jump between this and Whirligig World a lot-WW is a lot more of the stock whimsy (and great visuals) but with some killer dV requirements thrown in, while RSS really emphasizes ship designs for maximum efficiency, even with SMURFF. Both are fun but any given week I tend to spend more time on one project haha!

Chapter 3: Rusty Dust and Spacecraft we can Trust

Spoiler

-Log, Oblong Kerman, day 210-

Well it’s official, with six ships prepped and ready to go we’re clear to go to Mars! With this fleet comes a crew, and we’ve picked out the best and brightest. Here are the crew, from left to right:

Engineers: Jessel (ISRU and backup systems), Leia (design and mission plans)
Pilots: Kirk (orbital ops), Chuck (landing)
Scientists: Lagerski (Martian Moons), Kurt (Mars)

FrEyMOy.png

We also have plotted courses for all six vehicles. Crew launch in 250d, first ship away in 262. This is going to be the biggest mission of ours to date, here’s hoping it goes well!

J0abwaD.png

-end log-

20 minutes ago, Kerminator1000 said:

good luck with the mission, my last mission didn't go so well.

I was sending a Jool flyby mission and accidentally uninstalled a mod that it was using and it deleted the ship:(

That's a r.i.p. Sorry to hear that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.