[1.10] Better Antennas - Inverted Stock Relays & Direct Antenna Functionality

Crillion

Better Antennas v1.0

hQSY6ro.png

Download

SpaceDock

Also (Should) Available On CKAN!

What Is Better Antennas?

Better Antennas is a very simple mod which adds more semi-stock antennas. I enjoy building Starlink style communication networks, but I was disappointing that I couldn't use something like a Communutron 16 as a relay or a RA-100 as a direct antenna.

This mod fixes that.

Now, there's a secondary antenna for every stock antenna in KSP! If the stock antenna was for direct communications, the new antenna can be used as a relay (and vice versa)!

How Do I Use This Mod?

Spoiler

Very Simple! If you want to use a specific type of antenna, just pick it from the list, put it on your rocket, and launch!

Note: Be sure to verify which type of antenna you're using before you launch. It can be hard to tell if it's a relay or direct antenna without looking at it!

Example

This probe below has a connection way past Duna, almost near Jool.

33kphJf.png

Because it's connected to this probe here, which is using what would have normally been a direct antenna!

g9NZNgj.png

This is the connection here:

f9CAnpG.png

What Versions of KSP Does This Work With?

This mod is based primarily around stock KSP 1.10 (currently). Fortunately, this simplicity means that this mod (should) be compatible with any version of KSP that's v1.2 or newer!

Edited by Crillion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.