[1.10] Airbus A330neo

4ojtvFB.png

This is a small mod which adds a detailed Airbus A330-900neo into the game.

You will find detailed models and textures, custom sounds for the engines and landing gears, 3 liveries (White, Black, Airbus) as well as a modelled 3D cockpit and cabin.

The plane is configured for stock, with flight characteristics based on a comparable stock-part aircraft. At a cruising speed of 220m/s at 3500-4500m altitude, a range of 2100km or fuel for 3h will be enough to cover all major routes on Kerbin. I've limited the crew capacity to 30 (+2 pilots) for performance reasons.

Please note that the parts are not designed for a modular use in other crafts.

9ZWRAp7.pnguXaK0Uv.pngxlCzpSM.pngd1jaXTj.png9E3EJ9l.png

Download from Spacedock

I recommend you to install my Airplane Autopilot as well.

Known issues

Spoiler
  • Cockpit is non-interactive, I'd have loved to include a RPM support but I couldn't figure it out in time
  • Too hard landings can break a wing off, so be careful.
  • Sometimes, after timewarping, the gears clip inside the fuselage a tiny bit. To fix this, enable "unbreakable joints" cheat, then go to "set position" cheat and set the height to 15m and keep "ease in" enabled to make the plane slowly sink to the ground. Afterwards, you can disable all cheats again.
  • Flaps don't have an impact on aircraft performance, only visual
  • Assembly is a little complicated because you have to rotate many of the parts. Just use the included .craft file!

All rights reserved.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

No stop in that way, it's fantastic. Some ideas, make somes pack Airbus( A310, 18,19,20,21, Neo's, 30, 40, 50) and boeing (727, 737, 747, 777, 787...). And make wing's more simple to built. exemple, make all the spoiler on the same piece for each wings and same for both of the flaps :) there is a bug inside the cockpit we can see the ouside under the cockpit. other think's, what the perfect speed and angle for landing, cause I always crash during landing...HDiqZSk.jpeg

Edited by Blinkboy77

Update v1.1 has released!

• Fixed bug where you could see through the bottom of the cockpit
  • Fixed Airbus texture with the inverted neo on the back

DOWNLOAD

Also check out this cool review by @Kottabos :)

On 7/8/2020 at 3:30 AM, KallangoVerde said:

This was great @Kartoffelkuchen and very light ... but my KSP with mods is in version 1.9.1.

Is this mod backwards compatible? Congratulations!

Yes. Go to the .craft file, then change the version number from 1.10.0 to 1.9.1 and it will load just fine. :)

On 7/6/2020 at 11:46 PM, Mudwig said:

e5ma1VT.png

Pretty much the first thing I did. Flies shockingly well. Landing... well, I haven't had a successful landing with the piggyback set-up. The Shuttle decouples cleanly in flight also so you can just land them separately.

@Kartoffelkuchen This is an awesome mod. Great work!

wut da flip

On 7/6/2020 at 11:46 PM, Mudwig said:

*Deleted*

ok

On 7/7/2020 at 10:31 AM, Neptunia said:

will you be making more aircraft for ksp like this like a cessna or a boeing plane or an antonov plane

i edited it to make more sense grammarly if you don't mind

Edited by Kraken that doesn't exist

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Might be a bit late here, but you could make the fuselage, cockpit segment, nosecone, wing root & tail boom modular so we can not just build any early Airbus widebodies, but also other designs.

Some images of a disassembled A330 might guide you on where to slice parts of the fuselage.

Hi, there is a problem with the gear, can't even go forward without the landing gear starts to clip inside and break, I though was a problem of compatibilty wiht other mods, uninstalled everything and the problem still happening.

btw srry for the bad english xd

On 5/17/2022 at 2:30 AM, DarkoSan34 said:

Hi, there is a problem with the gear, can't even go forward without the landing gear starts to clip inside and break, I though was a problem of compatibilty wiht other mods, uninstalled everything and the problem still happening.

me too. i cant even take off 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Turtle1242 said:

would it be possible to change the details on the tail to an actual airline by changing the texture? for example, what would i have to put in to make it the Hawaiian airlines logo

Hi there. @Turtle1242. Been a long time since I have used this mod myself, but I went back and had a look. The configuration file uses the stock "Part Variant" Module. So if you have any paint program, you can make up a skin to add that has the decal you want. I use Paint.net myself. If you use the png image "tex.png" that you will find in the folder as your begining canvas. First make a copy of it and give it a new name and then edit it to have the logo you want. (you can use the tex_airbus.png to see where and what way up the decals need to go.) Once you have your new skin you need to open the config file "KK_A330neo_body.cfg" with a text editor like notepad and scroll to near the end to find the part variant module. You will see that the original only has 3 variants. I will post an example here with a fourth so you can get an idea of what you need to add to have your variant turn up in game. As you said Hawaiin, I will name it that.

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePartVariants
        baseVariant = White
        VARIANT
        {
            name = White
            displayName = White
            themeName = White
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #ffffff
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = A330neo/tex
            }        
        }
        VARIANT
        {
            name = Black
            displayName = Black
            themeName = Black
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #000000
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = A330neo/tex_black
            }
        }
        VARIANT
        {
            name = Airbus
            displayName = Airbus
            themeName = Airbus
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #006DC6
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = A330neo/tex_airbus
            }
        }

VARIANT
        {
            name = Hawaiin
            displayName = Hawaiin
            themeName = Hawaiin
            primaryColor = #000000
            secondaryColor = #006DC6
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = A330neo/tex_Hawaiin
            }
        }
    }

The forum pulls out "tab" spaces so the original will be wider. Use "tab" to space things across rather than the space bar. Simplest is to copy and paste the variant above where you are putting yours into the module, a variant has a total of 4 brackets and must be within the brackets of the module itself, if you look it over you will see. Then just change the names to your new variant. For this example your new png must be in the same folder as the others. Notice that you leave off the .png part of the name when you put it in the variant. Once done, save the config file and start your game., you should now have a fourth variant in the UI of the body when you bring it up. If it is not obvious, you would have named your texture "Hawaiin.png."

Good Luck.

Edited by ColdJ

On 5/17/2022 at 5:30 AM, DarkoSan34 said:

On 5/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, MrPoker said:

me too. i cant even take off 

Hi. This mod was made before Squad made major changes to the way wheels work. If you want to try to fix them yourself, you need to open a squad landing gear config in a text editor next to the config of the Airbus landing gear. By the looks of it, try just adding the parameter.

useNewFrictionModel = true

into the the MODULE called "ModuleWheelBase"

example

name = ModuleWheelBase

wheelColliderTransformName = WheelCollider        
        wheelTransformName = wheels1
        useNewFrictionModel = true
        wheelType = FREE

Good Luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.