Position Cheat not working as I expect

I am trying to use the Ait-F12 set position cheat. I put the lander I am test on the Kerbin launch pad. I copied the position of a lander I had on the surface of Eve ( I did delete the lander) on the surface of Eve. I entered the values in the Position cheat and the lander does shift to the serface of Eve in the expected location but it it is on its side so it crashes as it eases to the ground.

The values I am using are ...

Latitude - 0.000507678046039218
Longitude - 127.232798879978
Altitude - 10.67
Pitch - 0.04
Heading - 356.51

Am I missing something?

BTW - I get the Orbit cheat to work fine.

Bruce

you have to fix the pitch or heading, i don't remember which one. i did it by trial and error.

also, 10 meters of altitude is a lot on eve. try to lower that number a bit; the game gives a warning, but if you put the pitch and heading right, your rover won't appear inside the ground.

I did try 90 and it did work. I just have to wonder why the Pitch listed in the position in the persistent file gives a different result. I landed a lander on Eve and then got into the persistent file and found the position settings for the lander. I then used that information as the location for my test landers (after getting the lander of the surface of course).

• 3 weeks later...

Are you talking about a lander, or a rover?

With a rover, you will typically set the control orientation to be "forward" rather than "top" in order to travel around. So, if your old rover had control:forward, while your replacement had control:top, then you can see why the 90 degree flip is occurring.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.