Our Solar System

Yanitch

Hi, I've recently installed KSP via Steam so have the latest version. Is it possible to get a mod which models our solar system? I've tried searching for this myself but it seems that the RSS mod only works on older versions. 

Thanks for any help... 

In Steam, you can "downgrade" to an earlier version that RSS/etc. supports. I think it's the opt-in beta section and you'll probably want v1.8.

Once you've downgraded, take a copy of the whole KSP folder in the Steamapps directory. You can then opt back out of the older version in Steam, keep the main install as a clean, up to date, stock version and go to town on the v1.8 (or whatever) copy with as many mods as you dare.

If you only recently got into KSP then I suggest you try the stock system for a while rather than jumping in at the deep end with the Sol system which is over 10 times larger. Kerbin’s orbital velocity is about 2200m/s, but Earth’s is almost 9000m/s and the distances between planets are vastly larger too. You’ll almost certainly need more mods to either get real rocket parts or rebalance the Kerbal ones to work at that scale.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

If you only recently got into KSP then I suggest you try the stock system for a while rather than jumping in at the deep end with the Sol system which is over 10 times larger. Kerbin’s orbital velocity is about 2200m/s, but Earth’s is almost 9000m/s and the distances between planets are vastly larger too. You’ll almost certainly need more mods to either get real rocket parts or rebalance the Kerbal ones to work at that scale.

Thanks for that jimmy, I come from an Orbiter background so thought I would pick it up easily but there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. The operation, if not the orbital mechanics, is very different :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.