Help with modding contracts

eatU4myT

Does anyone with experience of modding contracts know - how hard would it be for a blanket patch to increase the science yeild of all contracts? I'm experimenting with an idea for contracts being the only source of science, the idea being that it's your job to collect the data, and the contractor's job to analyse it for scientific advancement. The net outcome (in theory!) would be that you only get rewarded for running experiments that someone else wants you to run, not for the experiments that happen to be small/light/transmittable enough for your convenience!

Thanks

18 minutes ago, eatU4myT said:

Does anyone with experience of modding contracts know - how hard would it be for a blanket patch to increase the science yeild of all contracts? I'm experimenting with an idea for contracts being the only source of science, the idea being that it's your job to collect the data, and the contractor's job to analyse it for scientific advancement. The net outcome (in theory!) would be that you only get rewarded for running experiments that someone else wants you to run, not for the experiments that happen to be small/light/transmittable enough for your convenience!

Thanks

I don't know how possible this is. You can't modify stock contracts without Contract Configurator, and I don't think Contract Configurator can modify stock contracts' values, just whether or not they show up. If I'm wrong in that I'd be very interested to learn it, because I've had some ideas in the past that were thwarted by this.

One thing you COULD do is set the science gains from all experiments to 0, and then use the global multiplier in the settings screen to up ALL science gains. 0*100 is still 0 after all.

Edited by Superfluous J

2 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

One thing you COULD do is set the science gains from all experiments to 0, and then use the global multiplier in the settings screen to up ALL science gains.

Perfect! And easy! Top marks for you :D

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.