Whatever happened to the 1.2 devs?

GluttonyReaper

Some of you may remember that, shortly before the release of KSP 1.2, many of the recent hired devs (at least some of whom were prominent modders-turned-devs) suddenly and mysteriously announced their departure from the KSP development team. The reason behind this was unknown, until it was revealed they had actually been hired by Valve, to work on... something. 

Of course, what exactly this project was has remained unknown since then, presumably due to NDAs and the like. But recently, Valve released this:

Half-Life: Alyx - Final Hours

...effectively an interactive look into what Valve's been up to all these years. Now, I don't own it myself, but according to Daniel Hardcastle (aka NerdCubed) in his most recent video (which I won't link here due to likely containing profanities), the KSP devs hired were working on SimTrek, a Star Trek themed VR game! Unfortunately, it was cancelled some time ago, apparently so more VR development resources could be focused towards Half-Life: Alyx itself.

Just something I found interesting, it's nice to know where those people who've influenced KSP so much ended up :D

It's known that Valve usually allows their devs to work on whatever projects they please, so they may have ended up working on updates for Team Fortress 2 for all we know.  Unless, of course, you have credit lists or something cool like that. 

The people who left were not hired away by Valve. To my knowledge, only one of those guys went to work for Valve, but that was not the reason for his departure. What was the reason for their departure? No one knows, since the whole thing was covered by NDAs. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.