The Spacesuit exchange thread!

• 3 weeks later...

SHAMELESS PLUG:

I HAVE THESE, STANDARD, VINTAGE & FUTURISTIC, ALL IN 640X480 TO 2560X1440 OPTIMIZED SIZES, AS ANIMATED WEBP'S 
If you want them, they arnt even the tip of "just the tip" of the iceberg

Human-Stuff-Standard-Suit-Animated-480.w

Updated these:

SHAMELESS PLUG:

I HAVE THESE, STANDARD, VINTAGE & FUTURISTIC, ALL IN 640X480 TO 2560X1440 OPTIMIZED SIZES, AS ANIMATED WEBP'S. if anyone wants

UPDATED: ANIMATED WEBP SUITS OPTIMIZED TO 4:3 & 16:9 AT 480P TO 1440P (THESE ARE THE for <600 to >900 pixels wide to 4:3 up to 1152x864 & 16:9 up to 1366x768 OPTIMIZED: TRANSPARENT COLOR, SINGLE TABLE, REVERSED LABELED) AVG 388KB SIZE AT 538x720 PIXELS

Human-Stuff-Vintage-Suit-Animated-720.weHuman-Stuff-Standard-Suit-Animated-720.wHuman-Stuff-Future-Suit-Animated-720.web

if i use the 900's it would 101% my forum post :(, the 720 fill about 90% of it..too bad   EDIT: now i see an error on font size.or optimization order..can you lol. EDIT twwooooo..and an alpha blending error on vintage visor vs color table/background... :( @Aazard <_<

THANKS @JustJim, or @Just Jim? thoughts? opinion, did you see my 2 mods (under a month old, as am I to making packs) ^ these are from the "HumanStuff Easy Builder Workshop & Texture Library" (aka not a game-play mod but custom tools & texture/asset maker pack)

This is kinda of a player to "learning to do minor to major mods" 100% FREE and/or Open Source, Tri-OS package (all accredited, & to my understanding CC 4.0 by NCSA compatible, With any that replied to contact with their linked user names on git or the net). I plan on a few short (15min) videos too

All "mind seed" credits to @HaArLiNsH where I got the "reboot" idea (but mine is for "use" with TextureReplacer, I dont do "major big Modder" mods..I'm learning & passing on/redundantly archiving along the way, everything in case of "internet moster/web spider attacks"

OR "ISSUES BEYOND MY CONTROL": LIKE I'M ABDUCTED BY RED DUNA-IAN'S, OR "BILL GATES AND I MEET FOR OWN FINAL MOVES":blink::unsure:

:cool: LETS-GO-BILL.webp:o this is what happens when you COPY/PASTE stuff you dont really understand (my weakness):confused:

^ I think WebP can do anything, maybe it even understands what my cats meows means when I dont.. its an image, animated, a short film even.. alpha, T & T, full 8bpc support, lossless, upto 16383x16383 pixels :( tiny & like sub png size to jrx/heif quality ratio (its like the ORA to EXR of 8bpc formats)

note: There are no restrictions on WebP length other than filesize limits (AT 16383x16383 32bit depth 8bpc image / 2mb) , only WebM higher standard compression makes it "generally used" by pros, for a "real person" a 576/p25 or /p25 WebP could support 2.1 channel (5.1?) audio & i think its "used" windows codec is vp8 or vp9 when amimated 

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 7:20 AM, Dimas152 said:

uhh no, i'm talking about any completed suit texture, so i can use it as reference to see the orientation of the designs when applied to the model

I can supply you custom made text labeled "maps", bonus they can be directly used as templates, I have them up to 16384x16384, but for most people a 4k or 8k are MORE than ideal.

I have "custom mades" of them for EVERY SUIT RELATED PART (IVA/EVA, PACKS, CHUTES, HELMETS, even ground crew/scientists and their gear).

Any one is welcome to them, I can supply ad-hoc or you can use my "EasyBuilderWorkshop" mod, which includes them, as optional downloads, mind you. 

Link to 8k, webp & png versions

(I would use 8K as a "editing master", for in game 4K as dds, DXT5 BC3)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kee2ijrvz9l3unc/True_8K_aazards_suit_template.zip/file

KK9v9un.png

Edited by Guest

On 1/4/2021 at 2:23 AM, Aazard said:

I can supply you custom made text labeled "maps", bonus they can be directly used as templates, I have them up to 16384x16384, but for most people a 4k or 8k are MORE than ideal.

I have "custom mades" of them for EVERY SUIT RELATED PART (IVA/EVA, PACKS, CHUTES, HELMETS, even ground crew/scientists and their gear).

Any one is welcome to them, I can supply ad-hoc or you can use my "EasyBuilderWorkshop" mod, which includes them, as optional downloads, mind you. 

KK9v9un.png

ooohhh nice
thanks

2 hours ago, Dimas152 said:

ooohhh nice
thanks

NP

that and 4 to 6 tools, combined under 4mb, should do you

1. Fotograpfix - Raster image editor, projects in fgx format, final saved to png
  2. MW GFX ConvimgX - Image converter with up to DDS BC5 output, use to convert your png to dds
  3. nJob - Normal Maps Generation, Works on/with png files easily
  4. MeshMagic - 3D Editor, rarely needed
  5. Win32Pad - Suitable Plain Text Editor, editing cfg files if needed
  •  As a "fast image viewer, EVView by Naughtier, supports dds
Edited by Guest

actually completed the suit, but needs a bit more tweak, misplaced the flag patch, shoulda put it in the arm pocket

here's screencaps, i call it Type 69 Pressurized Combat Suit

Spoiler

screenshot1.pngscreenshot2.png

oh wow the flag fell
screenshot4.png

suit front details

screenshot5.png

9 hours ago, Dimas152 said:

actually completed the suit, but needs a bit more tweak, misplaced the flag patch, shoulda put it in the arm pocket

here's screencaps, i call it Type 69 Pressurized Combat Suit

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot1.pngscreenshot2.png

oh wow the flag fell
screenshot4.png

suit front details

screenshot5.png

Well done!

Yea the flag, I did that the 1st few times.

Here is my 1st suit...see that O2 port on the tummy?,,, try playing with "raised/sunken" areas ;) . 

Boots/gloves are often "under done" as is rear of helmet

try:

Kerbin/minmus/mun other bodies: 8k - 8192x8192 pack (stock or RSS which ever you play) 

Head 2k - 2048x2048 DDS DXT1 BC1 no alpha (kerbal green is hes "bada55")

Suit 4k - 4096x4096 DDS DXT5 BC3

skybox 8k - 8192x8192  DDS DXT5 BC3 (BC7 works but requires the nvidia tool)

Spoiler

1PS4QJw.png

Spoiler

U0DPI3j.png

fZ3BUyU.png

ugoqVjG.png

FGhHBI4.png

Edited by Guest

see how simple the process is?

Its the "art" thats hard lol

impress me, lol &)

• find the "parachute canopy" item in files.
  • match scheme to suit/flag
Spoiler

DdaOlA5l.png

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Souptime said:

haha

it actually stands for 1969, the time when the bois lands on the moon

the flag was inspired by someone on a touhou discord server for the Lunar Kingdom in his HOI4 mod, and the camo itself was my rendition of the spacesuits used by the lunar military from the touhou series

i'm gonna make the earth camo version and some character inspired suits

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.