[1.8.1-1.9.1] Rescale Continued v.1.0.0

Profiremu23

On 2/3/2021 at 2:19 AM, Ollz said:

1- Do mods like KSC extended work, or does the larger Kerbin Mess Them Up?

2- Do the Textures Get stretched out, making Planets and Moons look very Low Quality?

No and No. The Planets look fine, and KSC Extended works fine too :).

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

3 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

Will this mod ever be updated to 1.11? All of the required mods are, so it's just this that has to be updated, and then this will be good to use with 1.11 :/ 

It's unlikely that it requires updating.  It should work fine as is.

Edited by OhioBob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get an error message

"Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your savegame is NOT recomended because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress.

Please contact the planet pack author or the Kopernicus Team about the issue and send them a valid bug report incluiding your KSP.log your Modulemanager .Configcache file and the folder Logs/Kopernicus/ from your KSP directory" 

.. BTW i'm using Kopernicus R-T-B Unified "Bleeding Edge" Edition Release 6

because is the only Kopernicus that i found for KSP 1.10.0 

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Mun's surface at 10.618 rescale.  Not only does it look bad down there but getting there was painful. Framerates drop to near unplayable levels (single digits or less) once terrain loads even with ground scatter off. I'm currently working through the smaller rescales but I can say that it does no happen @ 2.5x.  Playing on 1.11.2

@ 7.6 rescale framerates in low orbit (20km) are in the 20s, upper 30's, low 40s when landed. 

@ 5.4 rescale is slightly better at similar altitudes, it's definitely improving  at lower gains. 

affects on framerates are minimal @ 3.5x

https://imgur.com/B0mwjzM

Edited by y2kcobrar
Updating

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

will a Delta V map be made?

Just use a stock-scale delta-v map and multiply the values by SQRT(Rescale Factor).  For instance, if you are playing at 10x, then multiply the delta-v by SQRT(10) = 3.16.

• 1 month later...

Was just having some issues with approaching the Mun and I keep finding myself suddenly in solar orbit with the 3.5 and 2.5 rescale config.

EDIT: I have realized that my hyperedit of the Mun was out of the influence of Kerbin and I had to modify it to be within Kerbin's SOL.

Edited by Avedis
Have discovered solution

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, SoGreatMike said:

Kopernicus is now available for 1.10 right? any way this mod will work for 1.10 now too or does it need to be updated separately?

As long as Sigma Dimensions works, which I think it does, this mod should work.  Sigma Dimensions hasn't done anything to change it's syntax, so configs written to use it should still work correctly.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:13 AM, GianFrank said:

I get an error message

"Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your savegame is NOT recomended because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress.

Please contact the planet pack author or the Kopernicus Team about the issue and send them a valid bug report incluiding your KSP.log your Modulemanager .Configcache file and the folder Logs/Kopernicus/ from your KSP directory" 

I get this error message as well, despite trying multiple verisons of KSP. Can anyone confirm what version of KSP to use and which versions of mods to use as well?

1 hour ago, The Kerbinator said:

I get this error message as well, despite trying multiple verisons of KSP. Can anyone confirm what version of KSP to use and which versions of mods to use as well?

You should use the latest stable release of Kopernicus, which is suppose to work with KSP v1.10.x.  Also make sure you load ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager, which come packaged with Kopernicus.  Try loading the planet pack first without Rescale to confirm whether or not it works.  If not, then my guess is the problem is likely with the planet pack.  You should go to the planet pack thread to seek assistance.  What planet pack are you using?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:13 AM, GianFrank said:

I get an error message

Im getting this message in 1.12.1, Ive got the most up to date Kopernicus from CKAN and the most up to date SigmaDimensions and Rescale from here. Any ideas? 

Here's a Dropbox link with all those mentioned logs. many thanks! https://www.dropbox.com/s/o419jlc4710gphu/Error Logs 22-11-2021.rar?dl=0