[1.8.1-1.9.1] Rescale Continued v.1.0.0

Profiremu23

15 hours ago, acr_8133 said:

Is there a way to whitelist a planet from the rescale? I downloaded a mod but the scale of it is already fine and I dont want it to become larger.

I'm not sure how to whitelist or blacklist stuff, but the following ought to work.  The following example is assuming you're using 2.5x Rescale, though the method would be the same for all sizes.  Inside the GameData/Rescale 2.5x folder you will find a file named 2,5xScale.cfg.  Edit this file to read as follows:

Spoiler
@Kopernicus:AFTER[PlanetPackName]
{
	@Body[PlanetName1]
	{
		DoNotRescale = True
	}
	@Body[PlanetName2]
	{
		DoNotRescale = True
	}
	@Body[PlanetName3]
	{
		DoNotRescale = True
	}
}

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[~DoNotRescale]
	{
		@SigmaDimensions
		{
			// Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5
			@Rescale = 2.5
			@Atmosphere = 1
			@dayLengthMultiplier = 1

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.4
			@geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
			@resizeBuildings = 0
			@groundTiling = 1

@CustomSoISize = 0
			@CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
			@tempASL = 1
			@atmoTopLayer = 1
			@atmoVisualEffect = 1

@lightRange = 1

@scanAltitude = 2.5
		}
	}
}

What the first part does is adds a DoNotRescale tag to all the planets that you want to exclude from rescaling, where PlanetPackName is the name of the planet pack and PlanetName# are the names of all the planets included in that planet pack.  Add as many @Body nodes as necessary include all the planets.

The second part changes Rescale from applying its rescale parameters globally to making them planet specific, and those planet specific changes are applied only to those planets that exclude the DoNotRescale tag.

Edited by OhioBob

On 12/7/2021 at 10:35 PM, OhioBob said:

I'm not sure how to whitelist or blacklist stuff, but the following ought to work.  The following example is assuming you're using 2.5x Rescale, though the method would be the same for all sizes.  Inside the GameData/Rescale 2.5x folder you will find a file named 2,5xScale.cfg.  Edit this file to read as follows:

Hide contents
@Kopernicus:AFTER[PlanetPackName]
{
	@Body[PlanetName1]
	{
		DoNotRescale = True
	}
	@Body[PlanetName2]
	{
		DoNotRescale = True
	}
	@Body[PlanetName3]
	{
		DoNotRescale = True
	}
}

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[~DoNotRescale]
	{
		@SigmaDimensions
		{
			// Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5
			@Rescale = 2.5
			@Atmosphere = 1
			@dayLengthMultiplier = 1

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.4
			@geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
			@resizeBuildings = 0
			@groundTiling = 1

@CustomSoISize = 0
			@CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
			@tempASL = 1
			@atmoTopLayer = 1
			@atmoVisualEffect = 1

@lightRange = 1

@scanAltitude = 2.5
		}
	}
}

What the first part does is adds a DoNotRescale tag to all the planets that you want to exclude from rescaling, where PlanetPackName is the name of the planet pack and PlanetName# are the names of all the planets included in that planet pack.  Add as many @Body nodes as necessary include all the planets.

The second part changes Rescale from applying its rescale parameters globally to making them planet specific, and those planet specific changes are applied only to those planets that exclude the DoNotRescale tag.

I saw your reply a bit late but nonetheless thanks! what I did is just add another setting on the PlanetSpecificConfigs.cfg since its just a single body. Works just fine

Edited by acr_8133

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I feel dumb but I couldn't find any answers to this:

Do these configurations rescale the orbits in addition to the objects themselves? If not, can someone direct me to the right place to get that handled?

Never mind I sussed it out. Had to dig through the GitHub documentation for Sigma Dimensions. For posterity the answer appears to be yes (though I haven't double checked in the game itself yet): https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions#base-settings-definitions describes what the keywords mean, and the main .cfg files in the ZIP archives on the releases page linked in the OP contain both "Resize" and "Rescale" keywords with identical values.

Edited by problemecium
doin' my own research LIKE A BOUSE

• 2 weeks later...

Got an issue between Rescale Continued and Galaxies Unbound.

For now, I'm testing the setup with a fresh, clean KSP install.  That said, my goal is to eventually add GU to an existing save (stock system + OPM + MPE + 2.5x rescale + a bunch of part and QOL mods).

Created new KSP install instance, and added it to CKAN.  Installed Kopernicus.  Installed GU following instructions on GitHub.  Launch game.  Game starts up fine.  Create new sandbox save.  Loads into KSC just fine.  Exit game, close KSP.  Add Sigma Dimensions, leave its configs at stock.  Test game, still works fine.  Add 2.5x Rescale! Continued config.  Test game, encounter problem:

"Loading Expansions" step completes fine.  Game hangs at pre-main-menu loading screen (black screen, loading animation at bottom-right keeps going).

KSP.log shows Kopernicus-related logspam.  Kopernicus log shows that it gets through the "loaded body" steps for all the stock planets, then breaks with:

[LOG 18:53:29]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Anuq: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

... when it gets to the first GU planet.

GU configs include options for rescaling GU stuff with SD, and folks over in the GU discord offered suggestions for using that to also rescale stock stuff (including a cfg that might do the trick, in the spoiler below), but I'd like either a solution from the Rescale Continued side of things, or at least a second opinion on the provided cfg to hopefully ensure it won't screw up anything in my existing save.

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FIRST:HAS[@GU_GENERAL_Settings:HAS[#Scale[2.5]]]:BEFORE[SigDim]
{
    @Body
    {
        @SigmaDimensions
        {
            // Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5
            @Rescale = 2.5
            @Atmosphere = 1.1
            @dayLengthMultiplier = 1.25

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.76
            @geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 0
            @resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
            @CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
            @tempASL = 1
            @atmoTopLayer = 1.181818182
            @atmoVisualEffect = 1.1

@scanAltitude = 1
        }
    }
}

@EVE_CLOUDS[*]:LAST[GU]:HAS[@GU_GENERAL_Settings:HAS[#Scale[2.5]]],*
{
    @OBJECT,*
    {
        @altitude *= 0.6
    }
}

[EDIT]  Well it at least loads to the main menu with the cfg they gave me, so that's a start.

[EDIT 2]  Gave it a shot.  It loads the save (which I had backed up, to be safe), but it doesn't rescale the orbits or SOIs, so it's a no-go as it is.  :(

Edited by SilverlightPony

3 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

Got an issue between Rescale Continued and Galaxies Unbound.

For now, I'm testing the setup with a fresh, clean KSP install.  That said, my goal is to eventually add GU to an existing save (stock system + OPM + MPE + 2.5x rescale + a bunch of part and QOL mods).

Created new KSP install instance, and added it to CKAN.  Installed Kopernicus.  Installed GU following instructions on GitHub.  Launch game.  Game starts up fine.  Create new sandbox save.  Loads into KSC just fine.  Exit game, close KSP.  Add Sigma Dimensions, leave its configs at stock.  Test game, still works fine.  Add 2.5x Rescale! Continued config.  Test game, encounter problem:

"Loading Expansions" step completes fine.  Game hangs at pre-main-menu loading screen (black screen, loading animation at bottom-right keeps going).

KSP.log shows Kopernicus-related logspam.  Kopernicus log shows that it gets through the "loaded body" steps for all the stock planets, then breaks with:

[LOG 18:53:29]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Anuq: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

... when it gets to the first GU planet.

GU configs include options for rescaling GU stuff with SD, and folks over in the GU discord offered suggestions for using that to also rescale stock stuff (including a cfg that might do the trick, in the spoiler below), but I'd like either a solution from the Rescale Continued side of things, or at least a second opinion on the provided cfg to hopefully ensure it won't screw up anything in my existing save.

Reveal hidden contents

{
    @Body
    {
        @SigmaDimensions
        {
            // Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5
            @Rescale = 2.5
            @Atmosphere = 1.1

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.76
            @geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 0
            @resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
            @CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
            @tempASL = 1
            @atmoVisualEffect = 1.1

@scanAltitude = 1
        }
    }
}

{
    @OBJECT,*
    {
        @altitude *= 0.6
    }
}

[EDIT]  Well it at least loads to the main menu with the cfg they gave me, so that's a start.

[EDIT 2]  Gave it a shot.  It loads the save (which I had backed up, to be safe), but it doesn't rescale the orbits or SOIs, so it's a no-go as it is.  :(

Try the original Rescale configs, they're perfectly fine. If that doesn't work, something about GU doesn't like rescaling.

On 1/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, Morphisor said:

Try the original Rescale configs, they're perfectly fine. If that doesn't work, something about GU doesn't like rescaling.

GU has rescale settings in its own configs, but they seem to be less comprehensive than what's offered here.  I get the impression that's what's conflicting with the 2.5x config I've been using.  Someone in the GU discord gave me the config below, which seems to rescale the stock planets, but not the orbits or SOIs--I backed up my save and tried this on my main install, and a bunch of my comsats were no longer in Kerbin orbit, and the ones that were still there were much closer to the edge of SOI than before (at least one was now on an escape trajectory).  I tried modifying this with stuff from this thread's 2.5x config, but that resulted in no rescale happening at all (at least for the Kerbol system).

Spoiler

{
    @Body
    {
        @SigmaDimensions
		{
			// Base Settings

@Resize = 2.5
			@Rescale = 2.5
			@Atmosphere = 1.1

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.76
			@geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 0
			@resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
			@CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
			@tempASL = 1
			@atmoVisualEffect = 1.1

@scanAltitude = 1
		}
	}
}

{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		@altitude *= 0.6
	}
}

Edited by SilverlightPony

5 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

Someone in the GU discord gave me the config below, which seems to rescale the stock planets, but not the orbits or SOIs

In Sigma Dimensions, the "Resize" parameter changes the size of the celestial bodies, and the "Rescale" parameter changes the size of the orbits.  In the config you provide, both Resize and Rescale are set to 2.5, so both planets and orbits should be changed by that factor.  SOIs are calculated by KSP based on the new masses and orbits of the celestial bodies.  But if everything is resized/rescaled by 2.5, then the SOIs should be changed by the same amount.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pleas help! I’m using rescale 2.5x. 

I’m trying to make a geostationary/geosynchronous comnet around kerbin. How would I calculate  1. The geosynchronous orbit. 2. The elliptical orbit to evenly space out each satellite for geosynchronous orbit. I hope this makes sense. I would use Resonant Orbit Calculator for ksp but it’s rendered obsolete when running rescale mod. 

7 hours ago, lucius57 said:

I would use Resonant Orbit Calculator

You still can:

The mod version of this, as well as TWP, get their info from the internal planetarium so it shouldn't matter which planet pack or which size it is. I've used both of these on KSRSS. Also, if I'm not mistaken, a right-click on a relay antenna in the VAB gets you 'show relay info' and I think the "geosync" type altitude is shown there. Not 1000% sure about this last part...

• 4 months later...

Is this still the relevant thread for this mod?

I have an issue in my 2.5x game where the day length does not seem to be correct on the system clock. 

I have a KOS script that does  a time warp.. if time warps into the next day, the time my script records as the end of the warp is ~30 minutes later than the time reported on the system clock.  The day seems to turn over around 0728.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 5:50 PM, Kurld said:

Is this still the relevant thread for this mod?

I have an issue in my 2.5x game where the day length does not seem to be correct on the system clock. 

I have a KOS script that does  a time warp.. if time warps into the next day, the time my script records as the end of the warp is ~30 minutes later than the time reported on the system clock.  The day seems to turn over around 0728.

@Kurld, Idk if this would work with this mod, but the Github page for Galileo88's Rescale mod recommended that you use the Kronometer mod to get the date and time set correctly.

Edited by Ultim32

2 hours ago, Kurld said:

Looks like I have it.  Probably not configured correctly...

If you set useHomeDay = false, you should get the stock 6-hour day.  If you set useHomeDay = true, you should get the length of day as it is in the home world's config.  For JNSQ, that should be 12 hours.  useHomeYear works similarly.  The stock year is 426.09 6-hour days,  The JNSQ year is 365 12-hour days.