Your favorite upcoming feature in KSP2

The ability to build onsite without downloading 20 cumbersome mods and spending days planning the mission to the nth degree just to arrive on location and realize I forgot to put a robotic arm adapter on the left underside of my doodad and cant match it up with my thingamabob and the only option is to drop it since I can't load it back into the cargo bay. (Frustrated screeching intensifies.)

8 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

What is your favorite feature (so far) in the upcoming sequel to KSP?
Mine is the amazing new planets to visit and incredible revamps of the old planets and moons:D

That or Multiplayer, I CAN FINALLY GET HELP LEAVING KERBIN SOI!!!

5 hours ago, TLTay said:

The ability to build onsite without downloading 20 cumbersome mods and spending days planning the mission to the nth degree just to arrive on location and realize I forgot to put a robotic arm adapter on the left underside of my doodad and cant match it up with my thingamabob and the only option is to drop it since I can't load it back into the cargo bay. (Frustrated screeching intensifies.)

I feel you, tryna build a base on stock KSP sucks, half the time my creations are within physics range of KSC, and when I go to them, they explode, or mt docking ports dont like up even tho I put the Legs in the same orientation with every single base segment, or the fact the game doesnt dock within 1/8th a meter, and I already detached the wheels from the pod, so I have to revert, just to make the same darn mistake again. (INTENSE INFURIATED SCREAMING AT A GAME WHICH DOESN"T GET IT)

19 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

This sounds so dumb but I really think it's axial tilt and the ability to edit the planet configs without a mod.

Wait, axial tilt is confirmed for ksp2? *ergh*

Edited by Lewie

4 hours ago, Lewie said:

Wait, axial tilt is confirmed for ksp2? *ergh*

I can't tell if that's a good ergh or a bad ergh, but yes, Axial Tilt is confirmed for KSP2.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/an-in-depth-conversation-with-the-creator-of-ksp2/

Edited by Superfluous J

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

Its a bad ergh....

Noooooo it's good!

And if you truly do dislike it, the 2nd part of my favorites (easy planet editing) means you can change the tilts to be 0 with a simple config change, either with whatever ModuleManager will be for KSP2, or even better with an integrated system that doesn't actually need a mod.

10 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Noooooo it's good!

And if you truly do dislike it, the 2nd part of my favorites (easy planet editing) means you can change the tilts to be 0 with a simple config change, either with whatever ModuleManager will be for KSP2, or even better with an integrated system that doesn't actually need a mod.

Good point! 

I can see why some people would like this feature, and I can respect that. But to me, this just adds unnecessary complexity. As you suggested, I’ll just remove it myself.

Having more than 4 parts for bases and stations and a system to build/assemble them in loco instead of launching monolithic modules.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, TLTay said:

Definitely

10 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Having more than 4 parts for bases and stations and a system to build/assemble them in loco instead of launching monolithic modules.

Then there's a squillion fuel tanks and an unhelpful UI, and you can never find what you need.

57 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Then there's a squillion fuel tanks and an unhelpful UI, and you can never find what you need.

That's why procedural fuel tanks and a better VAB UI are on my wish list. But that's a different thread.

Definitely the enhanced visuals and "hopefully" a better physics system but not too much like "Principia". I'm a sucker for Computer Generated Graphics especially those of planetary bodies. The light rendering already looks soo much sweeter and the UI more refreshing.