[WIP] Photon Corp. (Stockalike Orbital ATK Mod)

DylanSemrau

This mod aims to add a variety of parts based on Orbital ATK's (now Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems) Shuttle/SLS SRBs.

The mod is designed to work well with other mods including: reDIRECT, Oranges, Artemis Construction Kit, and Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit!

4sBJWOp.png43fvZc5.png

WIP Download (B9 Part Switch is required)

This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by DylanSemrau

4 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Really excited for that Antares, always wanted to build an accurate one of those.

Antares is actually what I’m most excited for

It’s actually the reason I got into modding one the first place cuz I got really motivated after seeing NG-10 in person

it’s also just a really nice looking LV imo

Nice, any chance for 2.5 segment RSRM, for use with BDB Castors to make Athena III? Also, Pegasus 2 was supposed to use a 1.5 and a 0.75 segment SRMs, with what was basically a 5m DCSS on top (well, in front). ATK's offer of these is pretty granular. :)

Don't forget the Taurus rocket, either. Basically a wingless Pegasus with a Castor 120 first stage and a large fairing. You should be able to cram the required parts onto the Pegasus texture sheet with no problem. :)

28 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Nice, any chance for 2.5 segment RSRM, for use with BDB Castors to make Athena III? Also, Pegasus 2 was supposed to use a 1.5 and a 0.75 segment SRMs, with what was basically a 5m DCSS on top (well, in front). ATK's offer of these is pretty granular. :)

Don't forget the Taurus rocket, either. Basically a wingless Pegasus with a Castor 120 first stage and a large fairing. You should be able to cram the required parts onto the Pegasus texture sheet with no problem. :)

ig half segments are possible, just not sure how much I want that many motors

Also Minotaur C is literally just a re-branded Taurus so

I think they could be useful. :) Especially the small ones, I haven't seen 3.5 or 4.5 used anywhere. 

Speaking of Minotaur, how about Minuteman-derived sounding rockets?
PLV_7.jpgAries.jpgSR-19.jpgTalos.jpgJanus.jpg

T-3_2big.jpgAries-tigress.jpg

The general idea was, in many cases, to take the upper stages from a Minuteman missile and turn them into a sounding rocket. Aries is the most basic design, 2nd stage from Minuteman I only. Some of them used a double SR-19 stage instead. The thin stage on the bottom of the second to last rocket in the first row is from the Talos missile. They usually (but not always) added fins of some sort.

Very cool part pack man, you did it again. May I suggest the Shuttle ASRM/SLS Advanced Boosters used on the old renders with the composite casing and long aft skirt? I've been looking for a stockalike looking one to add to SLS Block II on benjee10's reDirect mod.

Z4172.jpg

1 hour ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Very cool part pack man, you did it again. May I suggest the Shuttle ASRM/SLS Advanced Boosters used on the old renders with the composite casing and long aft skirt? I've been looking for a stockalike looking one to add to SLS Block II on benjee10's reDirect mod.

Z4172.jpg

100% second this.

10 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

PLV_7.jpgAries.jpgSR-19.jpgTalos.jpgJanus.jpg

T-3_2big.jpgAries-tigress.jpg

Jesus why are all of these so cursed

6 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Z4172.jpg

Maybe? I'll want to look into it a bit first

13 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

It's actually looking more and more like the Block 2 booster development has converged with OmegA and that it will use something like those (the segments are slightly longer than the current ones)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.