[WIP] Photon Corp. (Stockalike Orbital ATK Mod)

DylanSemrau

6 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Thanks for clarifying! :)

So maybe for the block 2 SLS BOLE boosters they might have some SRMU heritage. 

Not really.   The FWC-SRB predates SRMU by more than 5 years.   After all it was in testing when Challenger exploded in January 1986.  I was just saying that the outer surface would be smoother similar to the SRMU vs UA120x.

FWC =Filament Wound Case

6 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Not really.   The FWC-SRB predates SRMU by more than 5 years.   After all it was in testing when Challenger exploded in January 1986.  I was just saying that the outer surface would be smoother similar to the SRMU vs UA120x.

FWC =Filament Wound Case

Ah, ok.
I guess they are similar in the idea of large, monocoque composite boosters :)

Thanks for explaining this stuff. 

also to stay on topic, uh……

Dylan wenBOLE

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 1:39 PM, Talverd said:

Having issues with the boosters plumes always showing, if anyone knows how to fix it and can tell me that'd be awesome. 

Pretty sure I had that issue too. Not sure what I did to fix it to be honest. I know going through all my mods one by one did the trick though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: took a break from modding for a bit, will look at updating this in the near future but I expect that to mainly be making sure it’s all working ok with current ksp version, may include new parts but no promises

still looking at adding new parts in the future tho

On 7/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, DylanSemrau said:

Update: took a break from modding for a bit, will look at updating this in the near future but I expect that to mainly be making sure it’s all working ok with current ksp version, may include new parts but no promises

Oh that's a nice thing to read!

I'm waiting eagerly for the Minuteman/Minotaur parts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 1:27 AM, DylanSemrau said:

Works great in 1.11, I suspect 1.12 is no different:

cbW16O3.png

Q0FRsJm.png

Zs9GAKc.png

• 1 year later...
On 10/4/2022 at 10:41 AM, Emilius73 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the SRB-4s are a bit too long? I have to move them up quite a bit so they fit with the SOCK shuttle and MLP pad.

The scaling on the MLP pad is a bit off given it was originally designed for the cormorant shuttle, so a fair bit of use of the offset tool is needed. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, I wanna greet everyone a Happy New Year, and second, this mod is amazing

However I have a problem with the Shuttle Modular Launch Pad, the SRB gets caught in the walls of the pad. I'm also using the reDIRECT SRB decoupler so that it wouldn't clip in the launch pad, but the shuttle still does a post-launch twang movement because the SRB gets caught.

• 3 months later...

I've created a set of TweakScale configs for PhotonCorp. It enables TweakScale's scaling on all the SRBs except the 3 segment, as well as rescaling on all the adapters. It has been tested, working, revised, and working flawlessly. 

☑  All SRBs except the small 3-segment SRB work with TweakScale

☑  Radially Attached Decoupler works with TweakScale

☑  Nosecone/sepretron works with tweakscale

☑  Decoupler/Adapters work with tweakscale

Just download the .cfg from the link below and add it anywhere in your GameData folder. But i always suggest putting it in the PhotonCorp folder.

You can download it here:

Photon Corp Tweakscale Config

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.