Jump to content

Ridiculous Contracts


Recommended Posts

And by ridiculous I mean awesome! Have you ever got anything this juicy? Post stories about your unbelievable contracts below. :o

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I do use mods, but none that would alter the difficulty or reward of contracts.

ue4qhewrpjx5ke6zg.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That one doesn't seem very ridiculous.  Drop a telescope in orbit around the sun somewhere between Kerbin and Eve.   That's pretty easy to do and has good returns.

Getting Ore from Eve to Tylo was one I didn't expect to ever see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

That one doesn't seem very ridiculous.  Drop a telescope in orbit around the sun somewhere between Kerbin and Eve.   That's pretty easy to do and has good returns.(...)

I think the OP means the 12,000,000 reward...

Link to post
Share on other sites

And the deadline is just within two millennia! I wonder if the sentinel craft would last that long even with RTGs. Not to mention any former colonists on Eve after enduring for so long.

...and Saint Jebediah blessed the place of Eve, making her Holy, and ever watching us from His celestial temple of Kerbin.

-- Asteroids, chapter two, verse nine

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Getting Ore from Eve to Tylo was one I didn't expect to ever see. 

My god. The real question here is... Did you do it?! Cause' that'd be crazy.

12 hours ago, Aelipse said:

Yep, it's about the reward. Do you often get contracts that earn you 12M or more? And if so, what sort of contracts?

I don't think I've ever gotten a contract for more than like 4M. And that was for some far out surface base I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, James M said:

My god. The real question here is... Did you do it?! Cause' that'd be crazy.

I think I had only gotten ore from minmus, and aside from a fleet of probes to lots of places, I had only stuck my nose out into interplanetary space once to level up a bunch of kerbals, and then turned around and came home.... so no, I turned that one down in favor of more lucrative contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one of these high paying Sentinel contracts on my PS4.  Was 4.66M up front, 7.69M reward +154 science and 252 rep to track 12 near Kerbin with an inclination of greater than 39.  It had a 977 year deadline.

What I thought was absurd about the contract wasn't so much the payout (but it did raise my eyebrows).  It was the deadline that had me wondering what.  Things like this rarely take 20 years, let alone nearly a thousand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

I think I had only gotten ore from minmus, and aside from a fleet of probes to lots of places, I had only stuck my nose out into interplanetary space once to level up a bunch of kerbals, and then turned around and came home.... so no, I turned that one down in favor of more lucrative contracts.

lol too bad. If that one ever comes up for me, I'm doing it so I can post that ridiculousness here. xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Demordrah said:

It was the deadline that had me wondering what.  Things like this rarely take 20 years, let alone nearly a thousand.

There's a bonus for doing it without timewarp. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, James M said:

My god. The real question here is... Did you do it?! Cause' that'd be crazy.

I don't think I've ever gotten a contract for more than like 4M. And that was for some far out surface base I think.

You can "cheat" on ore contracts.

Harvest X ore at Eve. Then swith to Tylo base who has X ore onboard compleete the contract. 

However never gotten any cross planet ore contracts even with bases everywere, many between jool moons

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

And the deadline is just within two millennia! I wonder if the sentinel craft would last that long even with RTGs. Not to mention any former colonists on Eve after enduring for so long.

...and Saint Jebediah blessed the place of Eve, making her Holy, and ever watching us from His celestial temple of Kerbin.

-- Asteroids, chapter two, verse nine

Yes the deadline is weirder than the reward, who is high but had some multi million ones also know that grand tour contracts can get above 10 million. 

However the requirements here are also weird, 16 astroids around Eve with an inclination higher than 37 degree. 
Not sure if this is flyby who is rare enough, but in orbit who is pretty impossible as Eve lack an large moon who can temporary trap them, they also form in Kerbin intercept orbits unless changed. 
In short it looks like you have to move them into orbit and hope the telescope spot them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aelipse said:

Right, I completed the contract in slightly over a year (almost two millennia before the deadline) and now I am enjoying those extra juicy 8M. :confused: 

How? thinking of asteroids in Eve orbit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, magnemoe said:

As said its unlikely you even get many Eve flybys of asteroids

I think when these sorts of contracts are active, the stock game will start spawning asteroids near the orbit of the selected object. I finished a Kerbin scan on one stock playthrough, that resulted in a new one for Jool. Sure enough, rocks started spawning out there.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
english goodly
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I think when these sorts of contracts are active, the stock game will start spawning asteroids near the orbit of the selected object. I finished a Kerbin scan on one stock playthrough, that resulted in a new one for Jool. Sure enough, rocks started spawning out there.

Makes sense, and it also make these contracts relevant for another reason, having an asteroid base down at lower orbits of Eve had been nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had decided to take one of those new comet contracts. The reward was decent, so I took it thinking that this wouldn't be too hard, right? Well... to start, it needs a surface sample from the comet, so I need a crewed mission (For context, I've sent probes to at least Duna and Eve in my current career, but no manned missions to them yet). That wouldn't be so bad, except to reach the comet on just a one way trip, I'll need an estimated 8,000 m/s. Yeah... Imma need a biiiiiig rocket. At least I've unlocked tech up to the nuclear engine, so that should help. But really, this will probably be one of my hardest contracts to date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I just STARTED playing career mode. I got a contract to fly by Eve before I got to the Mun.

I also had to test a BACC "Thumper" Solid Fuel Booster at 300k orbit while staging. Try getting a  LARGE booster to a high orbit with low tech.

Then there is the tourists.

7A2419B4653192B0792E6C7D8704A2E06BA3D8DC

I had three ships with 6 tourist each flying to Mun and Minmus at the same time once.

 

I also saved a lot of Kerbals from orbit.

Edited by kpdavatar
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 3:34 AM, kpdavatar said:

When I just STARTED playing career mode. I got a contract to fly by Eve before I got to the Mun.

I also had to test a BACC "Thumper" Solid Fuel Booster at 300k orbit while staging. Try getting a  LARGE booster to a high orbit with low tech.

Then there is the tourists.

7A2419B4653192B0792E6C7D8704A2E06BA3D8DC

I had three ships with 6 tourist each flying to Mun and Minmus at the same time once.

 

I also saved a lot of Kerbals from orbit.

The tourists are very nice until you go interplanetary, land on Mun near Mun base top up tanks go to Minmus and repeat, jump out off Kerbin SOI, aerobrake down to LKO, repeat. This also level kerbals to 3 stars who is nice. 
Easy to get millions on a run, once you go inerplanetary the tourist contracts get very long term. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...