Communications to/from Eve

I have a lander on Eve, It carries a  Communotron 88-88 which is deployed. The tracing station shows a commuinication line between the lander and the KSC and the lander is communicating.

I also have a relay with a Communotro HG-55 in orbit around Eve and another in orbit around Gilly HTe Tracking station is also showing an active link from these to KSC. Both of these are communicating to KSC

I deployed a rover from the lander. it is controlled by a Probododyne QBE which shows a 0.00 Comm Signal. The rover also has a Communitron 16  which is extended (horizontally)  but shows an Idle state.

Should the rover be able to communicate with the lander and then to KSC or relay off the satellites? or do I need to put a Communotron 88-88 directly on the rover so it can connect to KSC directly? Unfortunately the Communotron 88-88 is too big to fit on the rover.

Also I am concerned that if I get some deployed science on the ground on Eve which uses  Commuotron  Ground HG-48s to communicate I will not be able to transmit science.

I do know that you have to have a line of sight for relays and antennas to communicate. 

What am I missing?

Thanks

Bruce

5 hours ago, jbdenney said:

Should the rover be able to communicate with the lander and then to KSC or relay off the satellites?

Nope. Neither the lander or the probe have relay antennas and KSC is just too fat away to reach with a Communoton 16.

or do I need to put a Communotron 88-88 directly on the rover so it can connect to KSC directly?

An hg-55 would work (given that it works for you probe in orbit). in any case what you need is a relay with actual relay antennas, either RA-15 or RA-100 for Eve.

Commuotron  Ground HG-48s to communicate I will not be able to transmit science.

Same deal, get some proper relays deployed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.