[1.8.x-1.12.x]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch[REACTIVATED]

R-T-B

3 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

More that I ended up loading the "secondary" patches without loading the main mod, so I had to add it to an already started game.

That, and I am displeased with GPP. It has a LOT of stuff it likes to change about the game, from what I saw in the mod directory. Including my MJ landing sites. :mad: Chalk up another one for manual installation - I'd have asked myself, "why are there so many directories here compared to OPM?"

I like a stock feel.  The GPP/Galileo guys are pretty good at keeping that in JNSQ if that's more what you're after, they change the whole system and rescale it to around 2.5x but keep the "Kerbal" feel about it.  Even in their own writings, they ponder if "Lindor" is in fact really a giant choclate truffle, etc.

Edited by R-T-B

Just now, R-T-B said:

I like a stock feel.  The GPP guys are pretty good at keeping that in JNSQ if that's more what you're after, they change the whole system and rescale it to around 2.5x but keep the "Kerbal" feel about it.  Even in their own writings, they ponder if "Lindor" is in fact really a giant choclate truffle, etc.

It's not necessarily about stock. JNSQ is another one I'd rejected because it changes gameplay, specifically the stuff around resources. I actually posted in add-on discussions looking for planet packs that didn't mess with stuff other than adding planets/stars.

I actually don't mind a rescale mod, except that it makes rover operations PAINFUL. I love the challenge of 10.625x (especially since I like to run high-powered mods like KSPI-E, etc.) otherwise.

3 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

It's not necessarily about stock. JNSQ is another one I'd rejected because it changes gameplay, specifically the stuff around resources. I actually posted in add-on discussions looking for planet packs that didn't mess with stuff other than adding planets/stars.

Sadly that sounds like a limited set.

There's OPM of course.  It's good stuff, they are probably the most official "unofficial" worlds out there IMO.  You could try GEP, it works good and we actually test with it (Grannus Expansion Pack, adds small red dwarf way out there orbiting Kerbol, with planets, works with stock and OPM I think).

Multistar is kinda fun, for late game I imagine (I say that like I've gotten that far, lol)

Edited by R-T-B

3 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Sadly that sounds like a limited set.

Indeed, I'm finding that.

3 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

There's OPM of course.  It's good stuff, they are probably the most official "unofficial" worlds out there IMO.  You could try GEP, it works good (Grannus Expansion Pack, adds small red dwarf way out there with planets orbiting Kerbol, works with stock and OPM I think).

I'll keep that one in mind as well. I've got a couple of other candidates to look at (Low Light somethingorother, I believe?) but I haven't grabbed them yet (and of course, I have no clue about compatibility)

8 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Indeed, I'm finding that.

I'll keep that one in mind as well. I've got a couple of other candidates to look at (Low Light somethingorother, I believe?) but I haven't grabbed them yet (and of course, I have no clue about compatibility)

We've got reports of people running packs intended for things as old as 1.2.

It's pretty good with compatability.  There is never a promise, but overall, things tend to run if all they depend on is Kopernicus.

Relevant screenshots of something absolutely ancient running from my beta team (forget what, just know it was part of particles testing):

zdmesyp.png

Jeb is lost in the city, send help.

Edited by R-T-B

10 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

It's pretty good with compatability.  There is never a promise, but overall, things tend to run if all they depend on is Kopernicus.

I mean, I was running RESCALE! for 1.3 with Sigma Dimensions for 1.8 with Kopernicus for 1.9 on KSP 1.10*. I'd call that surprisingly stable all around. :D

(I'd also love to see a way to unlock the version, for what it's worth - I was given to understand that using the wrong version would send planets crashing into Kerbol, rather than "this might be buggy and we don't want to support it" :V)

* To be fair, the config format for SD apparently hasn't changed much, so the first one isn't all that impressive. :p

Hi, I had a new bug in release 8 that disappeared when I reverted back to release 7. It showed up again when I upgraded back to release 8.

The main menu was ignoring mouse over / mouse click (I couldn't click on any item such as "start game"). However, arrow keys and enter worked to navigate the menu. If I entered "Settings" via keyboard the mouse would work on the settings window, but going back to the main menu it stopped working again.

I'm running JNSQ in 1.10.x (latest) with a bunch of other mods. Pastebin doesn't accept my KSP.log due to its size, so I copied the bottom part here:

https://pastebin.com/KWu2iBmw

I hope this bug report helps! 

Thank you

15 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

I was given to understand that using the wrong version would send planets crashing into Kerbol, rather than "this might be buggy and we don't want to support it" :V)

I mean, it still can do terrible, terrible things.  That's why I test and vet the builds for only one version, and lock them.  They might load but longterm stability if built against the wrong files is really iffy. 

But the new unified build process I am using here is helping A LOT with support for new and old, so you never have to wait long.  I could probably produce a 1.8 or even 1.7 build if I felt like it with only moderate changes (and 1.7 is a BIG leap backwards vs 1.8).

If I had to pick one thing I am most proud of in this update, that would probably be it.  I mean I had 1.10.1 support in literally like 2 hours.

Edited by R-T-B

3 hours ago, R-T-B said:

@StoneWolfPCI can not replicate this, at least in 1.9.1.  I see this mod includes deprecated KopernicusExpansion parts, remove those folders and it may load for you.  Otherwise I think it's some other mods, because 1.9.1 and 1.10.1 share a common codebase and if I can't replicate it in 1.9.1, it's likely invalid in 1.10.1 as well and some other mod is at play (will still test later though).

Haven't tried it for 1.9.1 yet since the new update lol.  It was working perfectly for 1.9.1.  I meant to set it up as a test with no other mods like I've done before and forgot I hadn't cleared the others out yet so I'll be reporting back asap.  Hopefully I have time tomorrow.  It's really strange, like maybe it's hanging up but I'm not giving it enough time to load?  10 minutes on the loading wheel with the KSP music should be more than ample though I'd think.  lol.  I tried deleting the old KopernicusExpansion folder in it, as this mod is technically only listed as 1.8.1 I'm assuming as well that there will be things on their end needing worked on.  I just figured since it happened I'd shoot you all the logs possible in hopes if there "was" anything Kopernicus related to work out it gave you a clue for the future. :P

And btw, don't feel bad about the D.  It took me 2 semesters and a summer school course to pass algebra 2.  And about 4 hours of study time every day after school, some of which was with the teacher, and some with tutors.

3 hours ago, Leprechaun said:

Hi, I had a new bug in release 8 that disappeared when I reverted back to release 7. It showed up again when I upgraded back to release 8.

The main menu was ignoring mouse over / mouse click (I couldn't click on any item such as "start game"). However, arrow keys and enter worked to navigate the menu. If I entered "Settings" via keyboard the mouse would work on the settings window, but going back to the main menu it stopped working again.

I'm running JNSQ in 1.10.x (latest) with a bunch of other mods. Pastebin doesn't accept my KSP.log due to its size, so I copied the bottom part here:

https://pastebin.com/KWu2iBmw

I hope this bug report helps! 

Thank you

If you have the new click through blocker, click on the icon for it.  It'll unlock your mouse over.  If not, alt control f12 (not sure why it requires all 3 with some mods) go to input locks, and clear input locks that's how I fixed it. :)  It's done that in other versions to me as well.

1 hour ago, StoneWolfPC said:

And btw, don't feel bad about the D.

Heh, being an employed adult, I got over it a while ago.  This probably happened before many of you were born #oldpersonrant.  Still, math fear is real, lol.

Edited by R-T-B

7 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

I actually don't mind a rescale mod, except that it makes rover operations PAINFUL. I love the challenge of 10.625x (especially since I like to run high-powered mods like KSPI-E, etc.) otherwise.

They include a cheat switch to get the ore back. Not sure if it works, if not - try something like that.

@GLOBAL_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Ore]]:AFTER[RationalResources]
{
    @Distribution
    {
        @PresenceChance = 100
        @MinAbundance = 3
        @MaxAbundance = 15
        @Variance = 50
        @Dispersal = 3
    }
}

@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Ore]]:AFTER[RationalResources]
{
    Tag = Spared
    @Distribution
    {
        @PresenceChance = 100
        @MinAbundance = 3
        @MaxAbundance = 15
        @Variance = 50
        @Dispersal = 3
    }
}

14 hours ago, R-T-B said:

I have planet packs working from 0.90, so that's nice, around 10 mods so nothing new to me.

Edited by Shawn Kerman

44 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

The EC bug is better, but not competely fixed. GPP, rescale 2.5x, 1.10.1, Koperniokus r8.

The total energy flow of my panels is 0.199 + 0.050 (a tweakscaled down ox-stat).  The recharge rate of the battery is 3.03. It takes 3 seconds to go back to a full 60ec (compared to 0.5 seconds yesterday).
Pic:
https://imgur.com/a/XIwlOEi

My measurements show that batteries are charging 3 times faster than they should based on the output of the solar panels.  That's using a pair of OX-4L 1x6 while sitting on the launch pad.

Unfortunately I've discovered a new issue.  There is no atmospheric extinction with Kopernicus solar panels.  The energy output is the same on the surface of a planet as it is in orbit.  With stock solar panels there is a significant reduction in output when under an atmosphere.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, Hpl said:

Aw come on, why can’t those solar panels cooperate :huh:

I know, right? 

I'm not sure that atmopsheric extinction one will go down easily.  But at least the charge rate one can do with a simple hotfix.  It's probably my bad math acting up again somewhere, let me check.

16 hours ago, StoneWolfPC said:

If you have the new click through blocker, click on the icon for it.  It'll unlock your mouse over.  If not, alt control f12 (not sure why it requires all 3 with some mods) go to input locks, and clear input locks that's how I fixed it. :)  It's done that in other versions to me as well.

Nice tip for ctrl+alf+f12. First time I see the debug console myself.

I reinstalled release 8 (was playing 7 yesterday) and I cleared locks but it didn't work. I do have click through blocker installed however there's no icon to click (since this problem happens in the main menu). Funny thing is that the menu hover actually work for a couple of seconds after loading the main menu, and then it stops. I'll try uninstalling click through blocker to see if it works.

Thanks

I have identified the problem with the solar panels and EC math.  Surprisingly, my math was good this time.  The problem is the stock game was still running it's math, and screwing up the results.  I'll have this fixed in a little bit.  There'll be a hotfix today, and I'm hoping we can also implement solar-panel atmospheric extinction with OhioBobs help soon here.

At the rate he is providing math and tests, I'm going to be putting him on the contributors list.  He's enabled a lot we could not of otherwise done.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, Leprechaun said:

Nice tip for ctrl+alf+f12. First time I see the debug console myself.

I reinstalled release 8 (was playing 7 yesterday) and I cleared locks but it didn't work. I do have click through blocker installed however there's no icon to click (since this problem happens in the main menu). Funny thing is that the menu hover actually work for a couple of seconds after loading the main menu, and then it stops. I'll try uninstalling click through blocker to see if it works.

I've done some tests - I removed all mods except for Kopernicus Bleeding Edge release 8 and it worked. I then installed just JNSQ and the bug came back. So I can replicate this bug with minimal mods.

GameData folder:

ie9y4f.jpg

CKAN list of mods:

VLrIPS.jpg

KSP.log: https://pastebin.pl/view/184cad4d

Thank you

EDIT: I further deleted all files in the root of GameData except for ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll and ModuleManagerLicense.md and the problem remained.

Edited by Leprechaun
Added new information regarding testing

1 hour ago, Leprechaun said:

I've done some tests - I removed all mods except for Kopernicus Bleeding Edge release 8 and it worked. I then installed just JNSQ and the bug came back. So I can replicate this bug with minimal mods.

GameData folder:

ie9y4f.jpg

CKAN list of mods:

VLrIPS.jpg

KSP.log: https://pastebin.pl/view/184cad4d

Thank you

EDIT: I further deleted all files in the root of GameData except for ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll and ModuleManagerLicense.md and the problem remained.

Bug confirmed and repeated on my end as well with the exact same mods, but on 1.10.1 release 8.  @R-T-B I can toss logs, but this leads me to believe it's JNSQ not Kopernicus personally.

JNSQ should not be able to freeze the main menu through Kopernicus systems even if it wanted too.

So yeah, this is a bug.  I'll look into it.

Can you both do me a favor, and see if Release 6 does the same?  It was the first release to support 1.10.1, and maybe this multistar mess is leading to this issue as well (it lacks that stuff).

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases/tag/UBE-release-6

Edited by R-T-B

Just now, Vabien said:

Best guess is a bug related to the PQSCity fix, but only a guess. Trying to dig through logs and whatnot

I don't see how it could freeze the main menu but maybe...  let me dig through that.

Release 6 was also before that, btw.

2 hours ago, R-T-B said:

I have identified the problem with the solar panels and EC math.  Surprisingly, my math was good this time.  The problem is the stock game was still running it's math, and screwing up the results.  I'll have this fixed in a little bit.  There'll be a hotfix today, and I'm hoping we can also implement solar-panel atmospheric extinction with OhioBobs help soon here.

At the rate he is providing math and tests, I'm going to be putting him on the contributors list.  He's enabled a lot we could not of otherwise done.

Remember what I said about GU?  Ignore my idiocy.  I installed it wrong.  I reproduced it on 1.9.1 first to figure it out. >.>  But at least now I realize what happened, and am testing Kopernicus in it's own test bed again, and all other mods that I want in another. :P  Btw, upgrading my computer to the new 10700k and a new mobo......... I just jumped to 144fps at the space center with full mods loaded and full visuals at ultra........ and for a part count of 200-250 I'm looking at 70 fps....... and it's no longer maxing my cpu.  WOW!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.