[1.8.x-1.12.x]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch[REACTIVATED]

R-T-B

36 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

Weird. I assumed teh bug was stock since it happened to me for years now. I learned to live with it.

Also, I haven't played the stock Kerbal system for years now. Hmmmm...

You and me both. I was testing a bug, and was all "Where's MechJeb? WHERE IS MY EARLY UNGUIDED POD?!"

I don't even know what mods add half the parts I use anymore.

Edit: Right, stock Kerbal system - I was just talking about stock. Still though :V

Edited by etmoonshade

16 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

Oddly, R-T-B fiddled with something (back around BE6 or 11, maybe?) and it stopped happening - for me, at least. I'll keep an eye out for it once I hit that point in my newest career game.

I'm unsure what unfortunately, but that is entirely possible that I once fixed it by accident.  That being said, it is a known stock bug (or at least it once upon a time was), but that doesn't mean we can't perhaps fix it somehow.  Does it actually affect gameplay in a meaningful/problematic way?  That'll determine how urgent of a fix it is, essentially.  I tend to prioritize things by how likely they are to "kill Jeb."

Edited by R-T-B

2 hours ago, R-T-B said:

I'm unsure what unfortunately, but that is entirely possible that I once fixed it by accident.  That being said, it is a known stock bug (or at least it once upon a time was), but that doesn't mean we can't perhaps fix it somehow.  Does it actually affect gameplay in a meaningful/problematic way?  That'll determine how urgent of a fix it is, essentially.  I tend to prioritize things by how likely they are to "kill Jeb."

yea it does affect it somehow, an intercept with minmus can really go way out of hand when orbits changes because of timewarp.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:35 PM, etmoonshade said:

Also, my orbit appears to be jumping around - the LAN is changing when I time warp and then come out of warp. :confused:

I'm going to restart KSP in case it's just in a weird state, and if not, I'ma revert to BE6 (which I believe is the last one that was working fine for me...)

Okay, found where I "reported" this - my bad, looks like it cleared itself up after a restart. Looks like it was in the middle of testing the randolith positions.

4 hours ago, R-T-B said:

1 hour ago, acr_8133 said:

yea it does affect it somehow, an intercept with minmus can really go way out of hand when orbits changes because of timewarp.

With that said, this is absolutely a game-affecting bug. Even having the LAN shift around would be a bad thing, if you're trying to land at a certain place from a polar orbit (for example.)

2 hours ago, acr_8133 said:

48 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

With that said, this is absolutely a game-affecting bug. Even having the LAN shift around would be a bad thing, if you're trying to land at a certain place from a polar orbit (for example.)

I've had that same issue since 1.3.1.  There's a recent thread about it here:

And the bugtracker page here:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/25761

On 9/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, acr_8133 said:

Hello, first of all I know this mod is still buggy. I am wondering if unstable orbits are a known thing? My ships changes orbits by whenever I enter time warp. I am currently at version 1.10.1, I also have OPM and 3.2x RESCALE installed. I will send logs if needed. Thanks :D

I may have found a workaround for this but Im still not a 100% sure

You can install BetterTimeWarp and turn the lossless warp on. Game runs *a bit* slower, but I think its worth it rather than missing SOIs.

1 minute ago, TranceaddicT said:

You say, "weird.". When you should say more accurate.

It's more accurate yes but the flight planning interface is just weird to me.  That's more what I was referring to.  This isn't really their fault as much as the fact making quality mod user-interfaces is hard.

Edited by R-T-B

8 hours ago, R-T-B said:

It's more accurate yes but the flight planning interface is just weird to me.  That's more what I was referring to.  This isn't really their fault as much as the fact making quality mod user-interfaces is hard.

Which makes it even harder when your mod and hence gui relies heavily on numerical integration.  With principia installed my game slogs with more then three ships in orbit and that's with an i9 9700k 64gb of ram and a 2800 all overclocked.  Accurate physics is a cpu intensive process

Edited by Xt007

1 hour ago, Xt007 said:

Which makes it even harder when your mod and hence gui relies heavily on numerical integration.  With principia installed my game slogs with more then three ships in orbit and that's with an i9 9700k 64gb of ram and a 2800 all overclocked.  Accurate physics is a cpu intensive process

To it's credit, Principia is MUCH more multithreaded than some mods.

But yeah, back to the topic.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@R-T-B how stable is this on 1.10.1?  I have an older game from 1.7.3 with JNSQ, I'm  thinking of trying to update it to 1.10.1

Seems pretty stable for the most part from what everyone is saying. (I'm still in 1.9.1)

The only real issue is Jool shaders, IIRC.

2 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I just read about this mod (never herd of it) and i'm not sure how this would help... Please explain more!

It basically clones your game's persistent.sfs, runs the "simulation" on the cloned copy, and, when terminated. copies back your original .sfs save file.

Think Star Trek: where the JJverse is the simulation and it (thankfully) is continually restored to TOS prime timeline.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@R-T-B how stable is this on 1.10.1?  I have an older game from 1.7.3 with JNSQ, I'm  thinking of trying to update it to 1.10.1

The stability is near identical to 1.9.1 CKAN release.  The only issues in the 1.10.1 branch is that comet support is not currently controllable (other than on/off), nor are Joolain shaders (we just shut them off on all bodies but Jool).

I'd have released it as as stable by now if I had time to deal with those things, lol.

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.