[1.8.x-1.12.x]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch[REACTIVATED]

R-T-B

10 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I'd recommend just copy-paste all the material node from modern Duna to patch and you will be fine. Or, maybe, tweak brightness a bit.

Fantastic - thanks! I did exactly that and worked like a charm and Duna looks beautiful once again.

Separate question for @R-T-B was the bleeding edge release planning support for scatter collisions? I tried Poodmund patch for "Stock Scatter Collider Enabler Patch" with v46, but collisions don't seem to be working for the Duna boulders, but not sure if they are supposed to seeing as this is still very much under Dev.

edit: I've checked on Kerbin and Pol and found  the features there have collisions, so it just seems I've done something with Duna specifically... nevermind me. I'll try to troubleshoot.

edit2: Yep, seems that two Kopernicus cfgs modifying Duna as the same time is not good and one takes precedent over the other. Found a workaround and added the duna scatter cfg to the DRP cfg instead.

c1QI9XRh.png

Edited by cyberKerb

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with Kopernicus UBEE_1101_46 on KSP 1.10.1 running on Linux where planetary rings are a solid pink colour.

The imgur album I linked uses OPM, but I also have the same issue on JNSQ's rings, so I do not believe this is a bug in OPM.

To reproduce this issue in a clean environment, I made a completely fresh install of KSP 1.10.1 on Linux through Steam, then installed the following from CKAN:

Kopernicus Bleeding Edge Beta - DEV version UBEE_1101_46

ModularFlightIntegrator version 1.2.7.0

ModuleManager version 4.1.4

Outer Planets Mod version 2.2.8

Community Terrain Texture Pack version 1.0.4

Here is my player.log.

6 hours ago, leopardenthusiast said:

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with Kopernicus UBEE_1101_46 on KSP 1.10.1 running on Linux where planetary rings are a solid pink colour.

The imgur album I linked uses OPM, but I also have the same issue on JNSQ's rings, so I do not believe this is a bug in OPM.

To reproduce this issue in a clean environment, I made a completely fresh install of KSP 1.10.1 on Linux through Steam, then installed the following from CKAN:

Kopernicus Bleeding Edge Beta - DEV version UBEE_1101_46

ModularFlightIntegrator version 1.2.7.0

ModuleManager version 4.1.4

Outer Planets Mod version 2.2.8

Community Terrain Texture Pack version 1.0.4

Here is my player.log.

Probably an OpenGL shader bug.  I'll ping @blackrack, he's the author of the ringshader and I don't know how to fix that beyond yelling at him for help (sorry man...  lol).

15 hours ago, Bryce1482 said:

Kopernicus Breaks my homescreen so then i cant play

Is it the bug where you can't click anything?

If so, you can still use arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate.  I've yet to figure out what causes this, and it does not happen to everyone, making it further confounding.  If you have a log file, I'd appreciate it.

Hi, don't know if this is the same error as poster above, but when I launch with (at least) the two newest versions of Kopernicus BE then I get an error from Kopernicus on the homescreen that I shouldnt load games as the game is broken and will delete my planets. I can attach my KSP.log, I had to split into 2 parts as I dont have pro :(.

Part 1

Part 2

I have a couple mods:

• Kopernicus BE
  • LunaMultiplayer
  • MechJeb2
  • Parrallax
  • scatterer
  • a couple of custom parts and flags

Noticed while doing this, my log file contains loads of the

[EXC 12:09:33.846] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () (at <19b75557b052466a841d36b5c4af25e4>:0)

and

[LOG 12:08:42.003] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Science/ScienceBox/ScienceBox/ScienceBox'
[LOG 12:08:42.009] PartLoader: Part 'Squad/Parts/Science/ScienceBox/ScienceBox/ScienceBox' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:08:42.009] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 12:08:42.011] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ScienceBox'

Which doesnt seem normal/optimal.

Thank you for your time,

HaggyG

10 hours ago, HaggyG said:

Hi, don't know if this is the same error as poster above, but when I launch with (at least) the two newest versions of Kopernicus BE then I get an error from Kopernicus on the homescreen that I shouldnt load games as the game is broken and will delete my planets. I can attach my KSP.log, I had to split into 2 parts as I dont have pro :(.

Part 1

Part 2

I have a couple mods:

• Kopernicus BE
  • LunaMultiplayer
  • MechJeb2
  • Parrallax
  • scatterer
  • a couple of custom parts and flags

Noticed while doing this, my log file contains loads of the

[EXC 12:09:33.846] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () (at <19b75557b052466a841d36b5c4af25e4>:0)

and

[LOG 12:08:42.003] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Science/ScienceBox/ScienceBox/ScienceBox'
[LOG 12:08:42.009] PartLoader: Part 'Squad/Parts/Science/ScienceBox/ScienceBox/ScienceBox' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 12:08:42.009] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 12:08:42.011] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'ScienceBox'

Which doesnt seem normal/optimal.

Thank you for your time,

HaggyG

I have seen this reported once before, and I unfortunately have no idea what caused it in the end, but the user fixed it with a reinstall of the game.  It seems to trip up on Moho and then the KopernicusStar.LateUpdate exception spams, is the common symptom.  I wish I knew what caused it but as of now, all I can say is try uninstalling things one by one and then if that fails, reinstall KSP and try again.  It worked for at least one user.  If you can isolate a mod that causes it, please do report back.

41 minutes ago, dlrk said:

@R-T-B

I did some trial and error with removing mods. The bug preventing anything from being clicked on the home screen is a conflict between this and B9ProceduralWings

This is great news to hear someone finally figured this out!  I'll see if I can't resolve the conflict in the next maintanence release (now overdue, but work is making everything slow.  It will be out...  soon, I think).

Edited by R-T-B

18 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Is it the bug where you can't click anything?

If so, you can still use arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate.  I've yet to figure out what causes this, and it does not happen to everyone, making it further confounding.  If you have a log file, I'd appreciate it.

i just used the CKAN download and it worked but yea its a strange bug

1 hour ago, hemeac said:

@dlrk, just curious which version of B9 Procedural Wings you have?  I am using the 1.9.1 version (B9 Procedural Wings Fork) and have never had an issue with my screen locking up with Kopernicus.  I do not have BetterTimeWarp though.

I had mistakenly used the 1.8.1 version, the latest 1.9.1 B9 Pwingfork works fine.

So, @R-T-B , the bug occurs with BetterTimeWarp or the outdated 1.8.1 B9 Pwing fork. Hopefully this is useful

3 hours ago, ffx said:

why kop is bad

I'll need a log file to help further (problem description would help too).  You can find one in zip form in <Game Install Folder>/Logs/Kopernicus or in your game folder as KSP.log.  Thanks.

Edited by R-T-B

On 11/21/2020 at 7:42 AM, R-T-B said:

Probably an OpenGL shader bug.  I'll ping @blackrack, he's the author of the ringshader and I don't know how to fix that beyond yelling at him for help (sorry man...  lol).

That does seem to be the case, I will take a look, there's a feature I've been meaning to add to the ring shader anyway :)

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

That does seem to be the case, I will take a look, there's a feature I've been meaning to add to the ring shader anyway :)

You are my shader hero, blackrack.

HI, I recently translated Kopernicus in French (just a few string honestly). I would normally do a pull request, but I'm a bit confused as to which branch of which fork is the right one to request to. Therefore, here is the cfg file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpDwP83vdGFRlNOwJ4F37i_jlRPbSaMq/view?usp=sharing

If you want me to make the pull request, I am willing to, just tell me where and I'll do it. And as always, thanks for the mod ;)

10 hours ago, vinix said:

HI, I recently translated Kopernicus in French (just a few string honestly). I would normally do a pull request, but I'm a bit confused as to which branch of which fork is the right one to request to. Therefore, here is the cfg file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpDwP83vdGFRlNOwJ4F37i_jlRPbSaMq/view?usp=sharing

If you want me to make the pull request, I am willing to, just tell me where and I'll do it. And as always, thanks for the mod ;)

Thanks!  This will be in next release (and credit you), which should be out in a few days...  Unfortunately still not the final 1.10.1 release with the heating and comet fixes, but it's going to be a small bugfix release and your translation will fit in nicely with that.

If you ever wonder where to make a pull request, just use github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus, the latest version branch you can find (right now 1.10.1).  That's normal procedure and bleeding edge always runs tests on things before we push to stable.

14 hours ago, Maple Kerman said:

@AeroSkyGrab the latest 1.10.1 release from the Releases page on Github (1101, not 191).
Drag and drop the "Kopernicus" and "ModularFlightIntegrator" folders into the GameData folder.

To answer your first question, yes, it'll work with JNSQ (after all, Kopernicus is a dependency for JNSQ anyway).

Yep, JNSQ works pretty good with it actually (I play a game with it when I find time).

Edited by R-T-B

On 11/12/2020 at 2:56 AM, R-T-B said:

Yeah the solar panel code in Kopernicus is undergoing a rewrite right now [snip] You can revert to the "stock" solar code by deleting solarpanels.cfg from the config folder of Kopernicus.

Hi folks, question for anyone using the Kopernicus BE_46 release alongside Near Future Solar & TAC Life Support.   Sorry R-T-B: I didn't want to bug you, but had to quote you for reference.

A few weeks back in this thread, there were the posts about solar panels not working with multiple stars (KSP-IE was the culprit) and then another few posts where EC wasn't continuous with non-selected vessels (re: TAC-LS).

Using TAC Life Support, by deleting the 'solarpanels.cfg' from Kopernicus BE_46 as suggested above, would this also regress the fixes that were implemented relating to B9PartSwitch and third-party/mod solar panels from BE_44:

On 10/31/2020 at 4:58 PM, R-T-B said:

This is release 44. It contains the following changes: 1.) Solarpanel.cfg fixes to support more third party solar panels with less work.  It should fix a lot of B9Partswitch errors.

I'm working hard to get my pristine 1.10.1 KSP install error-free before I commit to a new career featuring only Nertea mod parts but also including Life Support.

Appreciate anyone's input!

Edited by scottadges

11 hours ago, scottadges said:

would this also regress the fixes that were implemented relating to B9PartSwitch and third-party/mod solar panels from BE_44:

No, doing what is suggested reverts to stock single-star solar code, which is bugfree more or less and works with all part packs, but does not support more than one star.

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.