[1.8.x-1.12.x]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch[REACTIVATED]

R-T-B

15 hours ago, garwel said:

Ok, I uninstalled MFI and Kopernicus and tried to reinstall the latter. Now, Release 57 is marked as available, but when I try to actually install it, I get these messages:

The following inconsistencies were found:
* Kopernicus-BE UBEE_1101_57 conflicts with Kopernicus
Error during installation!
If the above message indicates a download error, please try again. Otherwise, please open an issue for us to investigate.
If you suspect a metadata problem: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new/choose
If you suspect a bug in the client: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new/choose

I found that CKAN now lists the ordinary Kopernicus as autodetected (even though I don't have a Kopernicus folder in my GameData), which may be the cause. So, I'm not sure whether it's a CKAN/NetKAN issue or Kopernicus', but reporting for you.

Oof, please retry.  There were indeed some metadata errors as DasSkelett pointed out.  Sorry for the bumps there!

5 hours ago, lfgaaron said:

Hey there! Problem with this version... My logs are getting spammed with this:

[ERR 11:00:01.188] Timing4 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusSolarPanels.LatePostCalculateTracking (System.Boolean trackingLos, UnityEngine.Vector3 trackingDirection, System.Int32 panelId) [0x000bc] in <886ed9317c6849538fcb09e728706904>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusSolarPanels.LatePostCalculateTracking () [0x0007f] in <886ed9317c6849538fcb09e728706904>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void()
  at Timing4.FixedUpdate () [0x00023] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 

I've seen this before.  It usually is due to an incompatable solar pack.  If you aren't using more than one star, deleting GameData/Kopernicus/config/Solarpanels.cfg is an effective work around to the issue (this only works in single star packs though).

Also, heads up that the new heating system seems to have issues with HazardousBodies.  This means that lava, etc, will NOT burn you.  It acts like water.  We are on it.

Edited by R-T-B

@R-T-B, I appreciate the work you are doing on MFI to get it to cater for Kopernicus-BE's functionality but rather than bundling it in with your releases via the CKAN distribution, would you consider preventing it from being supplied via CKAN and then creating a supplementary MFI-RTB indexed CKAN entry that supplies this version of MFI and also has a:

"provides": [
        "ModularFlightIntegrator"
    ],

relationship to it?

Currently, the only way to install Kopernicus-BE via CKAN for KSP 1.11.0 is to uninstall ModularFlightIntegrator and then install Kopernicus independently, this has the knock on effect of forcing uninstallation of all other mods that rely on MFI like FAR and B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings for example. I'm not sure how your discussion with Sarbian with regards to working on MFI has been progressing... maybe its been mentioned that it may cause issue to create more instances of MFI like it has done with Liasis' MM fork for example(?).

Secondarily, I think CKAN also got confused by the version naming of the different KSP version distributions, being 191, 1101 and 111. Due to numerical size, it considered this to be the order that the versions should exist: 1101, 191, 111 and so considered the 1.11.0 version to be below the others. Maybe it would be best to keep them underscore separated: 1_11_0, 1_10_1 and 1_9_1?

I've been installing manually with no issue now for a while but I thought that, in case you weren't aware, there are some outstanding teething issues with this installation process which I know that you're keen to support.

15 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Oof, please retry.  There were indeed some metadata errors as DasSkelett pointed out.  Sorry for the bumps there!

Well, after a lot of tries, I'm back to square one: I managed to reinstall MFI and Kopernicus via CKAN, but it only allowed Release 55. The problem might have something to do with JNSQ (there were some warnings related to it in the process), but frankly I don't know what happened.

I think I'll wait for MFI to update normal way. Hopefully, it should fix the issues, right?

5 hours ago, garwel said:

Well, after a lot of tries, I'm back to square one: I managed to reinstall MFI and Kopernicus via CKAN, but it only allowed Release 55. The problem might have something to do with JNSQ (there were some warnings related to it in the process), but frankly I don't know what happened.

I think I'll wait for MFI to update normal way. Hopefully, it should fix the issues, right?

I think your issue is you should start with MFI uninstalled.  That should work.  I'm not sure if MFI will ever be installed normally as I've yet to hear if these fixes will be mainlined or kept separate from Sarbian (it's the holidays, so not surprising).

9 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Secondarily, I think CKAN also got confused by the version naming of the different KSP version distributions, being 191, 1101 and 111. Due to numerical size, it considered this to be the order that the versions should exist: 1101, 191, 111 and so considered the 1.11.0 version to be below the others. Maybe it would be best to keep them underscore separated: 1_11_0, 1_10_1 and 1_9_1?

We fixed this last night by changing all the _111_ zips to _1110_

I'd have to update a lot of my scripts to maintain a seperate ModularFlightIntegrator build.  It may be worth it, but for right now at the moment just make sure you try with MFI uninstalled.  I just tested and that seemingly works.

10 hours ago, Poodmund said:

maybe its been mentioned that it may cause issue to create more instances of MFI like it has done with Liasis' MM fork for example(?).

It has been.  We are trying to mainline things but the holidays have slowed efforts.  He also may not want some of things mainlined (one of the patches actually removes MFI's control over an aspect of vessel weight, and is fortunately used by nearly nothing, but still), further complicating efforts.  The middleground that gets mainlined may be a ways off.

I really don't want a fork situation but I also want to fix bugs, so it's complicated.  I'm hoping we can come up with something better soon.

Oh, and new build:

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 58. It contains the following changes:

1.) HazardousBody-heating related bugfixes.

Known Bugs:

1.) None known right now, but given the beta state of this release, don't be afraid to report any you find! There probably are a few!

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, 1101 for 1.10.1, "1110" for 1.11, etc.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

Edited by R-T-B

On 11/23/2020 at 7:15 PM, blackrack said:

That does seem to be the case, I will take a look, there's a feature I've been meaning to add to the ring shader anyway :)

Just adding that I see this Linux (possibly OpenGL related) bug too. RSS for Saturn and also the ringed planets in GU all have the same pink rings as reported by @leopardenthusiast seen in OPM. KSP versions 1.10.1 & 1.11.

21 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

Just adding that I see this Linux (possibly OpenGL related) bug too. RSS for Saturn and also the ringed planets in GU all have the same pink rings as reported by @leopardenthusiast seen in OPM. KSP versions 1.10.1 & 1.11.

I think this is a RSSVE problem, at least it disappeared for me when I removed RSSVE.

8 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

I think this is a RSSVE problem, at least it disappeared for me when I removed RSSVE.

That's very interesting but I don't know enough to learn from it. I am currently using 

which has "pink" ringed planets but does not include RSSVE. 

I noticed the following in my Player.log. It is either OpenGL does not support a shader or else my graphics card is too outdated.

Spoiler

[Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: Loading asset bundle at path /home/keith/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/Kopernicus/Shaders/kopernicusshaders-linux.unity3d

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Kopernicus/Rings' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Kopernicus/Rings' - All passes removed
WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Kopernicus/Rings' - Setting to default shader.
[Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: adding Kopernicus/Rings

Edited by Kaa253
clarify

I'm playing career with Galileo's planet pack with KSP 1.11 and I installed Kopernicus R-T-B Unified "Bleeding Edge" Edition Release 58 . Game freezes every time when my rocket comes close to Iota.

Installed mods are only Kopernicus, GPP and GPP textures. Should I post log, which one?

freeze.jpg

2 hours ago, CanOmer said:

Installed mods are only Kopernicus, GPP and GPP textures. Should I post log, which one?

See my reply in the GPP thread.  You should try not to cross-post the same question to multiple topics as it can lead to confusion and duplicate answers.  If you don't get satisfaction from the GPP thread, this would be a logical place to re-ask the question.

Hi everyone! I'm new to KSP modding and can't figure out the reason behind my issue. Latest version of Kopernicus is giving me drastic performance drops on KSP 1.11.0 while landed. FPS gets as low as 10 on Kerbal and aprox 20 on Minmus. I'm 100% positive it's the Kopernicus cuz I don't have any issues on vanilla and as soon as I add Kopernicus to GameData folder the issue is back.

Are there some settings I'm supposed to tweak?

Config:

i7 10700k stock clock, 32gb ram @3600MHz, 1080ti

Thank you!

Well, I believe I have the latest version of the only installed mod aka Kopernicus build 58 and the reproduction steps are:

1. Install Kopernicus

2. Get 10 FPS while landed

3. Remove Kopernicus

4. Get 50 FPS while landed

Here's Player.log:

https://mega.nz/file/mKRUjJoK#OYVA_g4y35lyqOrzBEhtoptGeqO36vhSZppNhdufI64

I've tried every single graphics setting and they don't show any impact apparently. Up to this point I've tried to do a clean install just to be sure, but there was no luck too.

Edited by Larry_Schuff

Hello all.   I've been out sick a bit (not covid, thankfully), but intend to get back to development in the next few days.

The last thing I was working on was comets, but I am aware of the following other misc bugs:

1.)  Scatters still perform like poop, for lack of an appropriate term.  We have a distance culler to help manage this.  Would turning down the draw distance by default to be less than it is now be a happy compromise until I can get more performance out of them?  Because I've yet to find a real way to do so, and that would be a quick work around.  I'm thinking like 5000m in game (they are presently 7500m I think, and that adds a lot more load).

2.)  Distant bodies sometimes act weird with landing gear.  Related bug.

This bug is tricky and though I initially believed it had something to do with MFI (which made me ship an MFI fork), that theory has been disproven.  Thus we will be unforking MFI and going mainline again in the next release in a few days.  Unfortunately the bug is still up in the air regarding a fix, but it only really affects far away interstellar type bodies.  We are actively investigating.

The focus at the moment is and remains on the comet support.  Stand by for more news.

Edited by R-T-B

I would ask people what scatter density they have set first. The 100% density is not realistic to achieve good performance. Tell people to turn it down to 10% or something before making sweeping changes that affect all users.

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I would ask people what scatter density they have set first. The 100% density is not realistic to achieve good performance. Tell people to turn it down to 10% or something before making sweeping changes that affect all users.

While I don’t doubt you’ve put some thought into that, I’m curious as to why it’s unrealistic to have good performance with Kopernicus planet packs’ scatters at 100% when stock scatters seem to do just fine (or at least not as badly) at that level? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.