Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.11]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch


Recommended Posts

Nevermind, found time, it's out and at least vaguely tested.  It does what I say to fix atmospheric temp calc on moons with atmospheres, at least.

As iffy as that sounds, I'd advise updating.  Just watch this thread as usual in case additional (most likely, hopefully, minor) bugs crop up.

@OhioBob, you'd probably like this.

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases/tag/UBE-release-4

EDIT:  After a morning playthrough I can safely say this is a good bugfix and functions as intended.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Nevermind, found time, it's out and at least vaguely tested.  It does what I say to fix atmospheric temp calc on moons with atmospheres, at least.

As iffy as that sounds, I'd advise updating.  Just watch this thread as usual in case additional (most likely, hopefully, minor) bugs crop up.

@OhioBob, you'd probably like this.

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases/tag/UBE-release-4

EDIT:  After a morning playthrough I can safely say this is a good bugfix and functions as intended.

What are you looking for from anyone testing Kopernicus?  I'd love to help out more for bug testing now that I know where my log files are all at. :P

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

What are you looking for from anyone testing Kopernicus?  I'd love to help out more for bug testing now that I know where my log files are all at. :P

 

Basically right now, the test is pretty simple.

Go to an atmospheric moon.  Fly around...  or teleport in a pod and fall to your doom like I did, no real difference.  The point is, monitor craft temps with AeroGUI in the debug menu.  They should vary during all this, not be flat and static.

I did laythe for my test and it worked (Jeb may say it was a crash but ignore him, he’s just salty there were no parachutes), maybe try something different?  Other planet packs?  Moons of moons with atmospheres?  Those sorts of scenarios.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Basically right now, the test is pretty simple.

Go to an atmospheric moon.  Fly around...  or teleport in a pod and fall to your doom like I did, no real difference.  The point is, monitor craft temps with AeroGUI in the debug menu.  They should vary during all this, not be flat and static.

I did laythe for my test and it worked (Jeb may say it was a crash but ignore him, he’s just salty there were no parachutes), maybe try something different?  Other planet packs?  Moons of moons with atmospheres?  Those sorts of scenarios.

I'll work on a few of the planet packs and the like today and report back all I can.  I'll try switching from astronomer visual pack to a couple others after I get a baseline for you.  I'm going to wipe my logs so it's all clean except for the tests, should I wipe them after each test to make it easier to sort through?  Or would you prefer to keep it all in the one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

I'll work on a few of the planet packs and the like today and report back all I can.  I'll try switching from astronomer visual pack to a couple others after I get a baseline for you.  I'm going to wipe my logs so it's all clean except for the tests, should I wipe them after each test to make it easier to sort through?  Or would you prefer to keep it all in the one?

Honestly, only post a log if you see a bug like nonvarying temps (or something else unexpected).  Any form is fine just post them as soon as bug is noticed so it is at logs end.

Hopefully there’ll be nothing to post. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the testing you were surely doing @StoneWolfPC, but I got results elsewhere if you got distracted by gameplay (not mad, it happens). ;)

All the fixes that were implemented to test are now in the mainline branch.  I'll be playing with some new feature ideas here, soonish.  Joolian gas giant shader controls, anyone?

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 6:19 AM, R-T-B said:

I appreciate the testing you were surely doing @StoneWolfPC, but I got results elsewhere if you got distracted by gameplay (not mad, it happens). ;)

All the fixes that were implemented to test are now in the mainline branch.  I'll be playing with some new feature ideas here, soonish.  Joolian gas giant shader controls, anyone?

I'm glad you got that taken care of.  Actually I didn't get nearly all the data I wanted.  I played maybe 20 minutes before real life intervened and after, my add/adhd decided to overload my brain with ooh shiny every 5 seconds and I haven't even been back on Kerbal since.  I should seriously dedicate some time to a tutor for learning to mod this game.  I have the time on my hands.  Far too much however :P  I did discover one thing.  There's an issue in 1.10 with Outer Planets Pack.  I haven't taken it to them yet as this isn't officially released, and I figured it wouldn't make sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StoneWolfPC said:

I'm glad you got that taken care of.  Actually I didn't get nearly all the data I wanted.  I played maybe 20 minutes before real life intervened and after, my add/adhd decided to overload my brain with ooh shiny every 5 seconds and I haven't even been back on Kerbal since.  I should seriously dedicate some time to a tutor for learning to mod this game.  I have the time on my hands.  Far too much however :P  I did discover one thing.  There's an issue in 1.10 with Outer Planets Pack.  I haven't taken it to them yet as this isn't officially released, and I figured it wouldn't make sense. 

What grade of issue?  If the game loads it may be some change they have to make, but if it's a full "crash and burn" I should probably fix it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, R-T-B said:

What grade of issue?  If the game loads it may be some change they have to make, but if it's a full "crash and burn" I should probably fix it...

The game loads, but it doesn't register any of the planets in EVE or Scatter and it lags the game hard.  It pops up a lot of exception errors as well.  That's in 1.9.1.   In 1.10 it crashes the game frequently.

I'm loading up with just OP and Kopernicus first and will drop the logs here in a min on both 1.9.1 and 1.10 for comparison so you can see if that's on your end or not.  I should have done that to begin with lol.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1.9.1 Kopernicus and OP log, when loading a save it locks up at the Loading screen.  There's still background sound, and the wheel sits there spinning but nothing happens. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LgvgTut1_TzH75EfU36mPBex3JTL_yUe/view?usp=sharing 


 

1.10 loaded just fine https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QQTqS9WOouR9omY-S7mVxtEKBkfrvteT/view?usp=sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

.9.1 Kopernicus and OP log, when loading a save it locks up at the Loading screen

 

44 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

1.9.1 Kopernicus and OP log, when loading a save it locks up at the Loading screen.  There's still background sound, and the wheel sits there spinning but nothing happens. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LgvgTut1_TzH75EfU36mPBex3JTL_yUe/view?usp=sharing 


 

1.10 loaded just fine https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QQTqS9WOouR9omY-S7mVxtEKBkfrvteT/view?usp=sharing

Hello @StoneWolfPC,

The real error in this case should be on logs directory: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Logs\Kopernicus

The best thing is to zip it and upload the zip.

Regards,

PB

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the error and I don't need the zip, all I need is a file called neidon.body.log that is in Kerbal Space Program\Logs\Kopernicus

if it's easier you can put it on pastebin. 

Edited by Shawn Kerman
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

1.9.1 https://pastebin.com/Ghs4P7SN

(also something else I noticed is a big difference, on 1.10 I'm using bleeding edge release 4, on 1.9.1 I'm using the non bleeding edge release 6) 

1.10 https://pastebin.com/VWiS6wvC

This is the Neidon.body.log above.  If you need the KSP.Log files they were too big to paste into pastebin, i will upload them to something else later. lol.  I hate google drive but it's the only thing I have that I know works quickly and easily for logs.  Any other suggestions for places to put them when needed would be much appreciated!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, that bug.

You have the bugged copy of release 6 from the stable branch.  Please redownload it as there were some "silent fixes", I think that's your only issue. The bugged copy was only up for about an hour but I think you snagged it. ;)

My fault more than yours, really.  1.10 looks fine, I think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have release 5 gentlemen/women!  The new feature for this, eagerly being tested for a push to the stable branch, is a fix for the insanely high EC output in multistar enviornments.  It should be more reasonable now.  See the changelog for details, and report bugs if you would, please:

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 5. It contains the following changes:

1.) Fix for a lack of clamping on ECs of solar panels. This was especially notable in multistar environments, where EC output could become absurd or even wrap to a negative (ouch).

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, while "110" zips are for 1.10. This was a pretty heavy change, might want to check the EC math... it'll be high if anything, so it won't wreck savegames, but I'd appreciate reports.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, R-T-B said:

We have release 5 gentlemen!  The new feature for this, eagerly being tested for a push to the stable branch, is a fix for the insanely high EC output in multistar enviornments.  It should be more reasonable now.  See the changelog for details, and report bugs if you would, please:

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 5. It contains the following changes:

1.) Fix for a lack of clamping on ECs of solar panels. This was especially notable in multistar environments, where EC output could become absurd or even wrap to a negative (ouch).

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, while "110" zips are for 1.10. This was a pretty heavy change, might want to check the EC math... it'll be high if anything, so it won't wreck savegames, but I'd appreciate reports.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

You might be (or maybe not with this post) shocked to know that Galaxies Unbound is WORKING with 1.10!  I hadn't tried it out yet.  It's one beautiful, and very expansive mod!  Any logs you want from it?  I have scatterer and EVE with it and they seem to be working flawlessly except that there is no cloud cover for Kerbin.  I'm wondering if Astronomers Visual Pack might be needed for Kerbol system on this mod.  Any other planet packs you want me to test out as well?  Btw, frames per second with those mods are maxed at my capped 60 fps on 1.10.  That, to me, is astonishing considering the size of the mods and how much my frames drop from AVP alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

You might be (or maybe not with this post) shocked to know that Galaxies Unbound is WORKING with 1.10!  I hadn't tried it out yet.  It's one beautiful, and very expansive mod!  Any logs you want from it?  I have scatterer and EVE with it and they seem to be working flawlessly except that there is no cloud cover for Kerbin.  I'm wondering if Astronomers Visual Pack might be needed for Kerbol system on this mod.  Any other planet packs you want me to test out as well?  Btw, frames per second with those mods are maxed at my capped 60 fps on 1.10.  That, to me, is astonishing considering the size of the mods and how much my frames drop from AVP alone.

That is indeed very good performance, and very cool news.  I wonder if the latest update helped:  It walks the star list less times during light calculations so maybe? (in old releases it was mistakenly walking it too many times)

What really needs testing right now, is situations in which solar panels are getting light from two stars.  Make sure the EC values "make sense" if you could, at various orbital distances.  I know, it's hard to tell what two stars should naturally do given both humans and kerbals live in a sort of uni-star system and we're used to that, but ideally, we should see results within the realm of reason.  Also, auto tracking should pick a sensible star...  ideally the one that makes the most ECs.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

That is indeed very good performance, and very cool news.  I wonder if the latest update helped:  It walks the star list less times during light calculations so maybe? (in old releases it was mistakenly walking it too many times)

What really needs testing right now, is situations in which solar panels are getting light from two stars.  Make sure the EC values "make sense" if you could, at various orbital distances.  I know, it's hard to tell what two stars should naturally do given both humans and kerbals live in a sort of uni-star system and we're used to that, but ideally, we should see results within the realm of reason.  Also, auto tracking should pick a sensible star...  ideally the one that makes the most ECs.

Sounds great!  If I don't report back tonight or tomorrow I will either late tomorrow night or the next day.  Got a busy couple days going here.  Vehicle repairs and the such lol.  Dangit when real life takes over!  You have no idea how happy I am to actually be able to help even just by providing logs btw.  I hate loving mods and knowing that you guys are left do it thanklessly more often than it should be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

Sounds great!  If I don't report back tonight or tomorrow I will either late tomorrow night or the next day.  Got a busy couple days going here.  Vehicle repairs and the such lol.  Dangit when real life takes over!  You have no idea how happy I am to actually be able to help even just by providing logs btw.  I hate loving mods and knowing that you guys are left do it thanklessly more often than it should be. 

It's all good, I'm away for a friends wedding tomorrow so no rush.  I just hope there are no crippling Kraken-esque bugs (there shouldn't be? lol).

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

Vehicle repairs and the such lol.

This was supposed to be an edit, but anyways:  My sympathies.  Computers I can figure out, engines are evil-machines powered by dark magic in my mind.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R-T-B said:

This was supposed to be an edit, but anyways:  My sympathies.  Computers I can figure out, engines are evil-machines powered by dark magic in my mind.

I dare say this is stable enough I might just load up my save (as a copy) and see what happens!  It's a beginner save, so shouldn't be too off lmao.  I haven't even gotten to EVE with it.  Anyway, the EC appears to be working great.  Solar panels are all adjusting direction and input seems to be fine, BUT SUN still outputs at the farthest stars as a steady amount rather than a severe drop off.  This, I would assume, would also happen at planets like Eloo?  It's not supposed to though right?  I took a couple screen shots as I don't know what logs you need for this test.  1.10, I haven't tried 1.9.1 yet as I'm extremely excited about how stable this is.  The ONLY issue I had was a few thrown scatter errors but they didn't seem to affect gameplay at all....................... I'll send you those as well if you wish but I'm assuming those are scatterer exclusive.

 

Correction.............. the EC doesn't change........ even when retracted apparently.  24 ec at all times.  lol

 

Edited by StoneWolfPC
not quite accurate
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StoneWolfPC said:

I dare say this is stable enough I might just load up my save (as a copy) and see what happens!  It's a beginner save, so shouldn't be too off lmao.  I haven't even gotten to EVE with it.  Anyway, the EC appears to be working great.  Solar panels are all adjusting direction and input seems to be fine, BUT SUN still outputs at the farthest stars as a steady amount rather than a severe drop off.  This, I would assume, would also happen at planets like Eloo?  It's not supposed to though right?  I took a couple screen shots as I don't know what logs you need for this test.  1.10, I haven't tried 1.9.1 yet as I'm extremely excited about how stable this is.  The ONLY issue I had was a few thrown scatter errors but they didn't seem to affect gameplay at all....................... I'll send you those as well if you wish but I'm assuming those are scatterer exclusive.

 

Correction.............. the EC doesn't change........ even when retracted apparently.  24 ec at all times.  lol

 

Ouch, I know why the retraction bug happens (it's detecting zero as a negative wrap and clamping, need to tell it zero output is normal).  But yeah EC dropoff is supposed to be much more noticable.  I will attempt to calibrate it to a more normal curve right now.  Don't have long but that should be a simple fix.  This is some of the limited math part of KSP I understand.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing GPP with kopernikus 1.10 ( thank you for that by the way). Rescale 2.5x.

While the latest patch toned down the energy flow of a single ox-stat solar panel from 6.something to 0.350, a single battery still charges up in half a second. Something's not right here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...