[1.8.x-1.12.x]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch[REACTIVATED]

R-T-B

7 hours ago, Daxion said:

I'm not using RSS in mine. Although I am using the outer planets mod as well as the world beyond.

Thanks!

The bug is still likely the same.  Are you certain you are using the latest OPM mod?

Try this:

https://github.com/Poodmund/Outer-Planets-Mod/releases/

If you are already using that, let me know and I'll look into it further.  Post a screenshot of your gamedata folder in that instance, please.

6 hours ago, computercat04 said:

It works!

Praise the Kraken!  Enjoy your game! :)

*Vanishes back inside Visual Studio*

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, hemeac said:

@Daxion, I'm not sure if this is the cause, but you have two overlapping sets of visual mods. AVP has configs for both stock and OPM. Poods OPM VO and SVT are outdated and think the new terrain shaders are better than what SVT was able to accomplish.

Yes, I'd start by removing OPM VO and SVT.  The stock shaders will provide a better appearance at their highest settings, anyways.  Squad has done a lot there and it's likely a shader conflict of some kind.

Edited by R-T-B

On 11/13/2020 at 4:37 AM, hemeac said:

@Daxion, I'm not sure if this is the cause, but you have two overlapping sets of visual mods. AVP has configs for both stock and OPM. Poods OPM VO and SVT are outdated and think the new terrain shaders are better than what SVT was able to accomplish.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:04 AM, R-T-B said:

Yes, I'd start by removing OPM VO and SVT.  The stock shaders will provide a better appearance at their highest settings, anyways.  Squad has done a lot there and it's likely a shader conflict of some kind.

8 hours ago, Daxion said:

Thanks guys, sure enough after removing those two mods it works as it should. I really appreciate the help!!!

Just for reference, OPM-VO does not touch any bodies other than the 3 Gas Giants and two atmospheric bodies of OPM... and even then is only a set of textures and configs to apply Scatterer and EVE configs for said bodies. It has ABSOLUTELY ZERO involvement with Kopernicus and as such will cause no issue in this case.

That said, it hasn't been touched in years and its Scatterer configs are not valid for use with the current releases of Scatterer.

Sorry if this is already a known issue:

using this bleeding edge version for 1.10.1 with latest OPM on an pre-existing save (from ksp 1.8 times, or maybe even older). All asteroids that were spawned have meanwhile disappeared, and no new ones are spawing (also no comets).

In KSP.log I noticed:

- absolutely no mentioning of anything like "new asteroid" or "new object found", or something called "spawner", ...

- the following two lines (in scenes like tracking station, flight) may be related to the problem

[LOG 17:40:48.279] [Kopernicus] ScenarioDiscoverableObjects successfully removed.
[LOG 17:40:49.037] [Kopernicus] ScenarioDiscoverableObjects is removed, scrubbing SENTINEL contracts.

Anything I can do on my end to fix this?

3 hours ago, TheDog said:

Sorry if this is already a known issue:

using this bleeding edge version for 1.10.1 with latest OPM on an pre-existing save (from ksp 1.8 times, or maybe even older). All asteroids that were spawned have meanwhile disappeared, and no new ones are spawing (also no comets).

In KSP.log I noticed:

- absolutely no mentioning of anything like "new asteroid" or "new object found", or something called "spawner", ...

- the following two lines (in scenes like tracking station, flight) may be related to the problem

[LOG 17:40:48.279] [Kopernicus] ScenarioDiscoverableObjects successfully removed.
[LOG 17:40:49.037] [Kopernicus] ScenarioDiscoverableObjects is removed, scrubbing SENTINEL contracts.

Anything I can do on my end to fix this?

It should still be spawning asteroids, just not making Sentinel contracts, as they were broken.  Has anyone else experienced this bug?  Or rather, has anyone seen an asteroid/comet in 1.10.1 recent builds?

Note that as soon as the heating bug I am workng on now (approximately 75% done) is finished, the next thing I plan to do is completely rewrite the asteroid/comet spawning code, so if it's buggy, you shouldn't have to wait long for it to be fixed.  A week or two I'd say at most.

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

CKAN installation somehow doesn't work for me. I added the repository, I see it in the packages list. But checking the box does not unlock the "Apply changes" button.

Due to a temporary packaging limitation (should be fixed next release), you need to have ModularFlightIntegrator uninstalled before trying this (it's included anyways).  That should fix you in the short term, next release will fix this oddity (MFI finally got updated with true 1.10.1 compatibility in the version file).

Edited by R-T-B

7 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Due to a temporary packaging limitation (should be fixed next release), you need to have ModularFlightIntegrator uninstalled before trying this (it's included anyways).  That should fix you in the short term, next release will fix this oddity (MFI finally got updated with true 1.10.1 compatibility in the version file).

Well I just installed it manually for now. Now CKAN still shows Kopernicus BE as not installed, but stable Kopernicus installed... Is that also due to those issues?

4 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Well I just installed it manually for now. Now CKAN still shows Kopernicus BE as not installed, but stable Kopernicus installed... Is that also due to those issues?

I can't say what CKAN is thinking exactly.  I just know if you back out by uninstalling Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator in their entirety in CKAN, and then attempt to install Kopernicus BE, it generally works even with the present workarounds.  If you have it working though, I'd just go with it.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

It should still be spawning asteroids, just not making Sentinel contracts, as they were broken.  Has anyone else experienced this bug?  Or rather, has anyone seen an asteroid/comet in 1.10.1 recent builds?

Note that as soon as the heating bug I am workng on now (approximately 75% done) is finished, the next thing I plan to do is completely rewrite the asteroid/comet spawning code, so if it's buggy, you shouldn't have to wait long for it to be fixed.  A week or two I'd say at most.

Oh, I should have mentioned: it works absolutely fine in a newly created save, spawning asteroids and comets.

I guess I'll try manually cleaning up my old save's sfs file and will remove any potatoroid vessel, and maybe also alter the rng seeds, maybe that'll help...

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

No, that's because you have a file called Kopernicus.dll in GameData, which CKAN interprets to be Kopernicus. CKAN has no way to tell the difference if you install manually.

I only see the old (main) Kopernicus in CKAN... had to downlead and install this over the top of that one to get Parallax to work. Would be nice for CKAN to have known to recommend THIS version for 1.10.1I only see the old (main) Kopernicus in CKAN... had to downlead and install this over the top of that one to get Parallax to work. Would be nice for CKAN to have known to recommend THIS version for 1.10.1

43 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

I only see the old (main) Kopernicus in CKAN... had to downlead and install this over the top of that one to get Parallax to work. Would be nice for CKAN to have known to recommend THIS version for 1.10.1I only see the old (main) Kopernicus in CKAN... had to downlead and install this over the top of that one to get Parallax to work. Would be nice for CKAN to have known to recommend THIS version for 1.10.1

Open CKAN, got to Settings > CKAN Settings, under Metadata Repositories, click 'New', highlight Kopernicus_BE and click 'Ok'. Then close the settings window and refresh the CKAN metadata list... Kopernicus Bleeding Edge will now show in CKAN

Just as it says in the Original Post in this thread. :D 

Edited by Poodmund

7 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Just as it says in the Original Post in this thread. :D 

The OP is slightly outdated, based on copy/paste:

On 7/18/2020 at 11:17 AM, R-T-B said:

From your main CKAN window, go to "Settings"

Hit the first "New" button that appears.

Add our CKAN repo in the resulting text box.  It is as follows (use copy and paste to put it in, CTRL-C + CTRL-V after highlighting the text, respectively):

Kopernicus_BE |http://glacialsoftware.net/CKAN/Kopernicus_BE.tar.gz

Now hit ok, go back to the main window and refresh.

Might be worth updating that now that Kopernicus_BE is in the default list, @R-T-B. And tell people to uninstall ModularFlightIntegrator until that dependency gets sorted out.

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

The OP is slightly outdated, based on copy/paste:

Might be worth updating that now that Kopernicus_BE is in the default list, @R-T-B. And tell people to uninstall ModularFlightIntegrator until that dependency gets sorted out.

My plan is to make an interim release with a few small bugfixes (mostly performance related, nothing major) and removal of that old remove-dependency thingy tomorrow, so I'll hold off on editing since it would be irrelevant in 24 hours.  I'll do an edit with new instructions then.

As for the "big release" that fixes the heating bug.  Soon, but not tomorrow, sadly.

7 hours ago, TheDog said:

Oh, I should have mentioned: it works absolutely fine in a newly created save, spawning asteroids and comets.

I guess I'll try manually cleaning up my old save's sfs file and will remove any potatoroid vessel, and maybe also alter the rng seeds, maybe that'll help...

Maybe.  The code that handles asteroids/comets is...  weird.  It's been changed a lot lately on the bleeding edge and we finally just decided it needs a rewrite rather than trying to fix something that seems eternally broken.  I can't really advise other than say it will be better soon.

Edited by R-T-B

so uh I got the kopernicus was not able to load planetary bodies warning and so then I backed up my save and made a save to test what was going on and it did not load (this was the 1.10.1 kopernicus in 1.10.1 ksp), tried to reinstall it and still went wrong, is there a mod it depends on or something I did not install right?

4 hours ago, Dr. Omicron said:

so uh I got the kopernicus was not able to load planetary bodies warning and so then I backed up my save and made a save to test what was going on and it did not load (this was the 1.10.1 kopernicus in 1.10.1 ksp), tried to reinstall it and still went wrong, is there a mod it depends on or something I did not install right?

I'll need a KSP.log file (in install root) and/or a screenshot of your gamedata and Kopernicus folders to say what's going on.

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 46. It contains the following changes:

1.) Land scatter cull range has been reduced to approximately 7.25km. This offeres reasonable performance boost without losing much of anything noticeable. It is still configurable in Kopernicus_config.cfg as per usual.

2.) Packaging changes to MFI dependency so CKAN users have an easier time installing. You may need to uninstall your old Kopernicus and reinstall via CKAN, this is mostly to make new installs easier via CKAN.

Known Bugs:

1.) Solar flux (heat) is not applied to the vessel if you are orbiting a non-center/root star. EC generation still works on solar panels, though. This is an old bug we are just now being made aware of and is mostly applicable to complex systems with multiple stars. We hope to fix it by next release.

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, "1101" for 1.10.1, etc.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

Please note the bold text above.  CKAN users will most likely need to uninstall/reinstall the mod to proceed, but after that it should be much smoother to maintain.

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.