[1.8.x-1.12.x]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch[REACTIVATED]

R-T-B

16 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Ah, okay. This is my first time with JNSQ (about a month now.)  So, it's a big new bag of WFT.

I take it you're looking for the next-level ... WTAF!?!

ehhhh

I mean, I started spaceflight stuff on Orbiter. No MechJeb, no Ascent autopilot, no maneuver nodes, just an MFD that'll supposedly let you do transfers but has minimal documentation. And definitely full Earth scale there. I'm amazed by two things I managed while playing Orbiter - first, how easy it is to miss something the size of Jupiter, and how hard it is to miss something the (relative) size of the moon when escaping. :D

10.625x arguably comes more naturally to me than stock KSP, and I kinda went directly to that when doing rescale mods. I also enjoy the opportunity to use bigger craft (since I tend to play a rather overpowered game in the first place.) The only problem is that it's a massive pain in the ass to do any sort of rover stuff on a full-size solar system - the ground simply isn't interesting enough to make it worth doing. I think I've gotten the rover stuff out of my system for now though. :D

Sorry I just got my system reinstalled.  Aparently switching motherboard brands was a BAD idea as it neccessitated a complete reinstall of windows before I could get everything stable again.

But I'm back baby and hunting for bugs, and this seems as good a place to start as any...

@etmoonshade, I will begin investigating your issue by making a one-time 1.10.0 build of build 20.  I'm curious if that fixes it (it would confirm something changed in the .1 release).  I'm building it now, care to test?  Download from the usual link when you read this.

Edited by R-T-B

5 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Sorry I just got my system reinstalled.  Aparently switching motherboard brands was a BAD idea as it neccessitated a complete reinstall of windows before I could get everything stable again.

But I'm back baby and hunting for bugs, and this seems as good a place to start as any...

@etmoonshade, I will begin investigating your issue by making a one-time 1.10.0 build of build 20.  I'm curious if that fixes it (it would confirm something changed in the .1 release).  I'm building it now, care to test?  Download from the usual link when you read this.

Hm. It's not on GitHub - you may be mixing up my "usual link" with someone else's.

Just now, etmoonshade said:

Hm. It's not on GitHub - you may be mixing up my "usual link" with someone else's.

Oh wow you are here, yeah, just gimme 5 minutes to put it up lol.  I forget 6am PST people actually start waking up all over the country.  It's only really early for me.

Just now, R-T-B said:

Oh wow you are here, yeah, just gimme 5 minutes to put it up lol.  I forget 6am PST people actually start waking up all over the country.  It's only really early for me.

Fun fact - I work in Pacific time, but I'm actually in Central time. Moved from Seattle back at the end of Feb, and I'm still working for the same company.

So it's sort of 6am for me too. :V

I just PM'd you the build, don't really want it on the public git page on second thought so people don't get confused about 1.10 vs 1.10.1 (even though that'd be extremely dumb, I can see it happening).

I also enabled debug mode in the build so it might log more verbosely (that's a might, I'm not sure that really does anything).

Edited by R-T-B

17 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

I just PM'd you the build, don't really want it on the public git page on second thought so people don't get confused about 1.10 vs 1.10.1 (even though that'd be extremely dumb, I can see it happening).

I also enabled debug mode in the build so it might log more verbosely (that's a might, I'm not sure that really does anything).

A debug build for 1.10.1-20 may be more useful in this case - I wasn't able to replicate the issue on 1.10.0-20.

15 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

A debug build for 1.10.1-20 may be more useful in this case - I wasn't able to replicate the issue on 1.10.0-20.

I just made one and compared and the logs are actually the same, so don't sweat it.  Just get me a log with the standard build.

7 hours ago, R-T-B said:

I just made one and compared and the logs are actually the same, so don't sweat it.  Just get me a log with the standard build.

Done and done and sent.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:59 AM, CanadianKerbal said:

@R-T-B Kopernicus 1101/1.10.1 the gui texture is broken does not work

I just noticed this got missed with all my problems - with that said, a picture of the problem may help.

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 21. It contains the following changes:

1.) Experimental performance improvements, possible fix for JNSQ "farm patch" bug. Try it?

Known Bugs:

1.) Right now? Nothing big! Famous last words?

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, "1101" for 1.10.1, etc.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

Edited by R-T-B

I'd like some testers for the above release, specifically the section I bolded.  I really want to know if i finally fixed that.

Also potential performance improvements, it would be nice to see some numbers.  This may make it into stable if it proves solid.

While all that testing was going on, I fixed another something.  Feel free to test, maybe?  This one is more relevant to planet pack authors.

@R-T-B R-T-B released this 1 minute ago

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 22. It contains the following changes:

1.) Experimental fixes for broken atmospheric fog-ramp, and some contrast/albedo settings.

Known Bugs:

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, "1101" for 1.10.1, etc.

-RTB

EDIT:  And, a wild hotfix appeared!

This is release 23. It contains the following changes:

1.) Less experimental fixes for the fogramp (old ones did not work).

Known Bugs:

-RTB

Edited by R-T-B

A few more release dropped (we are at 25 now) with under-the-hood changes, and something kinda big happened as a result:

https://github.com/R-T-B/KittopiaTech/releases

Yep, a KittopiaTech release that actually works with 1.10.1 and stuff.  Requires bleeding edge build 25 or greater (basically the latest to date).  It will work with both 1.9.1 and 1.10.1 without fuss.  Report bugs, of course.  It will have issues with a Kopernicus Bleeding edge lower than 25, or the present stable build.  We hope to test and promote this to stable as rapidly as is reasonable.

Edited by R-T-B

Build 23. So far I have had good results with the JNSQ texture problems I've had on earlier versions. I am not quite at the exact same setup on 1.10 as I am on 1.8, but I think the texture problem is already better.

About the linked video ... this is me using KRASH from the VAB to orbit Aden. The video starts in orbit, and you can see the disaster that the textures are, and also what fixes it. I have been suspicious of using KRASH lately since it's the only mod I use that deals with scene changes, and that's seemed to be when the texture problems would show up/get worse. Clearly there IS something going on with KRASH and textures, but I don't know enough to hazard any guesses, and the zoom thing is something I discovered just now, so I'll have to try that in the 1.8.1 installs that show texture issues, too.

Importantly, launching a craft to the launch pad, and then cheating to orbit never shows these textures issues. 

Spoiler

On 9/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, R-T-B said:

A few more release dropped (we are at 25 now) with under-the-hood changes, and something kinda big happened as a result:

https://github.com/R-T-B/KittopiaTech/releases

Yep, a KittopiaTech release that actually works with 1.10.1 and stuff.  Requires bleeding edge build 25 or greater (basically the latest to date).  It will work with both 1.9.1 and 1.10.1 without fuss.  Report bugs, of course.  It will have issues with a Kopernicus Bleeding edge lower than 25, or the present stable build.  We hope to test and promote this to stable as rapidly as is reasonable

Thank you

thank you so much

Not sure if it was intentional or planned, but after a bit of real game play I've come to find several comets.  They're extremely rare, but they do show up from time to time with Kopernicus and Galaxies Unbound in 1.10.1!  After resolving my blue screen issue it's taken some time to really dig into the game again, but now that it's loading and running stable and I'm not loosing hours of work I've gotten the spark back so I'm back to testing.  I am using it on career (with backed up saves every time in case there are issues later with a release) and extensive mods but if you would like a log report or something, I'd be more than happy!  The only thing is that comets in map view don't have tails.  Oh well, they appear!  Release 26.  Frame rates are a bit better than they were on prior.  I don't have a jump in fps due to panels in or out.  Not sure if it's Kopernicus or otherwise but I do notice from time to time my ships will not warp.  It will say fuel depleted cannot begin warp.  It's rare.  Not an issue I'm worried about but I read on a post on another page someone thought it comes back to Kopernicus so wanted to mention it.  

Edited by StoneWolfPC
wrong version reported oops!

On 9/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, StoneWolfPC said:

Not sure if it was intentional or planned, but after a bit of real game play I've come to find several comets.  They're extremely rare, but they do show up from time to time with Kopernicus and Galaxies Unbound in 1.10.1!  After resolving my blue screen issue it's taken some time to really dig into the game again, but now that it's loading and running stable and I'm not loosing hours of work I've gotten the spark back so I'm back to testing.  I am using it on career (with backed up saves every time in case there are issues later with a release) and extensive mods but if you would like a log report or something, I'd be more than happy!  The only thing is that comets in map view don't have tails.  Oh well, they appear!  Release 26.  Frame rates are a bit better than they were on prior.  I don't have a jump in fps due to panels in or out.  Not sure if it's Kopernicus or otherwise but I do notice from time to time my ships will not warp.  It will say fuel depleted cannot begin warp.  It's rare.  Not an issue I'm worried about but I read on a post on another page someone thought it comes back to Kopernicus so wanted to mention it.  

Yeah, if you are using the stock asteroid generator (an option in Kopernicus_config.cfg) it'll spawn comets.  It'll only do it around places it should do it in "Kerbin" space though, so obviously it needs some improvement.

The mapview tails also freak out and sometimes don't spawn in multistar systems. probably what you are experiencing.  I'm going to deal with that before 1.10.1 release, obviously.  If the comet bugs bother anyone, you can always opt to turn them off by turning off the stock asteroid generator in Kopernicus_config.cfg.  The Kopernicus one, which does not support comets, will then take over.

Edited by R-T-B

55 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Yeah, if you are using the stock asteroid generator (an option in Kopernicus_config.cfg) it'll spawn comets.  It'll only do it around places it should do it in "Kerbin" space though, so obviously it needs some improvement.

The mapview tails also freak out and sometimes don't spawn in multistar systems. probably what you are experiencing.  I'm going to deal with that before 1.10.1 release, obviously.  If the comet bugs bother anyone, you can always opt to turn them off by turning off the stock asteroid generator in Kopernicus_config.cfg.  The Kopernicus one, which does not support comets, will then take over.

Makes sense!  I'm not bugged by it at the moment lol.  I just figured an updated report was a good idea at this point lmfao.  Seeing as it's been a minute since anyone said anything to you. :)  Thanks again for all your continued hard work btw.  I can only imagine how much goes into this.

Hello, first of all I know this mod is still buggy. I am wondering if unstable orbits are a known thing? My ships changes orbits by whenever I enter time warp. I am currently at version 1.10.1, I also have OPM and 3.2x RESCALE installed. I will send logs if needed. Thanks :D

1 hour ago, acr_8133 said:

Hello, first of all I know this mod is still buggy. I am wondering if unstable orbits are a known thing? My ships changes orbits by whenever I enter time warp. I am currently at version 1.10.1, I also have OPM and 3.2x RESCALE installed. I will send logs if needed. Thanks :D

I know I had a problem with a previous version, with a similar install (OPM + 10.625x) - are you certain your Kopernicus BE is up to date?

12 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

I know I had a problem with a previous version, with a similar install (OPM + 10.625x) - are you certain your Kopernicus BE is up to date?

That is a stock bug. It happens to me all teh time. First time accelate to 5x then go to higher speeds like "Warp to node". It gets worse the bigger the system is rescaled to.

38 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

yep, I just reinstalled it from github

25 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

That is a stock bug. It happens to me all teh time. First time accelate to 5x then go to higher speeds like "Warp to node". It gets worse the bigger the system is rescaled to.

Oh, Is it stock? Wonder why it does that, I dont have it on past Kopernicus versions even in 10x rescales.

29 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

Oddly, R-T-B fiddled with something (back around BE6 or 11, maybe?) and it stopped happening - for me, at least. I'll keep an eye out for it once I hit that point in my newest career game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.