[1.8.x-1.12.x]R-T-B's Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch[REACTIVATED]

R-T-B

On 8/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, R-T-B said:
2.) If your main menu gets stuck in 1.10.1, use the arrow keys. That will always work.

So, here's an interesting thing about this bit of molasses.

I use the arrow keys in the MainMenu when I first launch it.  But, once you've gone into a game and backout, you can go back to mouse clicking.

1 hour ago, TranceaddicT said:

So, here's an interesting thing about this bit of molasses.

I use the arrow keys in the MainMenu when I first launch it.  But, once you've gone into a game and backout, you can go back to mouse clicking.

Ooh, interesting!  Thanks, that's more evidence towards what I think is going on, maybe it'll help with a fix soon...  not just for the core main menu bug, but the issue with templated bodies.  It seems at some point, it just stops trying to detemplate certaib things, hence the main menu starts working again as a side effect (as strange as it is, the main menu in 1.10.1 seems to be a PQS of Kerbin).  Need to determine why.

Thank you for pointing this out.  I think it's a critical piece of the puzzle.

Edited by R-T-B

@R-T-B The planet pack I'm developing ran into an error with 1.10-1. I got a message once the game loaded that "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process". Here are all of the recommended log files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqau27lp7cfzx6v/Logs-Kopernicus.zip?dl=0

I love how Kopernicus now automatically creates a zip file with a copy of the KSP log file, the planet log files, and ModuleManager.ConfigCache. This is going to make bug reporting far easier.

NOTE: all 8 of the terrestrial planets currently lack a color and normal map, and are currently only using a flat height map. This is just the first test to make sure they load in properly. A proper height map will be given to each later on, and I will build the color and normal maps via KittopiaTech (assuming it will work).

Edited by ProtoJeb21

On 8/9/2020 at 3:20 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

@R-T-B The planet pack I'm developing ran into an error with 1.10-1. I got a message once the game loaded that "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process". Here are all of the recommended log files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqau27lp7cfzx6v/Logs-Kopernicus.zip?dl=0

I love how Kopernicus now automatically creates a zip file with a copy of the KSP log file, the planet log files, and ModuleManager.ConfigCache. This is going to make bug reporting far easier.

NOTE: all 8 of the terrestrial planets currently lack a color and normal map, and are currently only using a flat height map. This is just the first test to make sure they load in properly. A proper height map will be given to each later on, and I will build the color and normal maps via KittopiaTech (assuming it will work).

Hmmm. It's an issue with the body Urani. Seems that there's an issue with the reflections if I'm reading this right. I can't guarantee that without looking at the .cfg for that body though, but I fully understand if you don't want to share that.

Relevant info which you might be able to interpret since you have the .cfg file.

[LOG 14:58:35]: Exception Was Recorded: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke
[LOG 14:58:35]: Inner Exception Was Recorded: Input string was not in a correct format.
 at System.Number.ParseDouble

This error was thrown just after the orbit epoch, which I think means the next section is the issue, but I don't remember exactly how the parser parses the .cfg files.

On 8/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Thanks for the report.  Getting over some minor sickness (not COVID-19, thank god), but I'm betting @Vabien is right that it's a formatting issue.  I'll give you more advice shortly.  Just starting to function again and doing some chores.

I have a bug where when I lauch the game, It gets stuck on another, secondary loading screen with the error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () (at <7103febaea00478787d5fba79ec9b4a0>:0)" over and over again. Is there any way to fix this? I would love to play with other planets but I currently can't play with this. Thank you in advance! :)

Edited by KermitKiller

54 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

@R-T-B

I noticed another idiosyncrasy in the Menu system.

While at MainMenu1 go into settings, then back out.  And, the mouse works ... for that menuscreen. It doesn't carry forward to the next.

Thanks.  Tomorrow that's one of the bugs I intend to take a hard look at.  All the evidence helps.

1 hour ago, KermitKiller said:

After removing a few planet mods, I realize it was likely another mod. I will edit when I see which one.

Edit: The problem was Galaxies Unbound. I think its the multistar issue that was mentioned

Most likely.  Multistar is a nonfunctional mess right now, sadly.

3 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

While at MainMenu1 go into settings, then back out.  And, the mouse works ... for that menuscreen. It doesn't carry forward to the next.

Hi, I'd like to point out that people who get the main menu working again (either by getting into the game and out, or by going into settings and out) to please test waiting a few seconds / moving the mouse around a bit.

My experience is that when the main menu gets working again, it's just that the bug has a delay and kicks back in a few seconds later. I have just tested the above going into settings and back, and the main menu was working for a few seconds but then stopped.

8 hours ago, Leprechaun said:

Hi, I'd like to point out that people who get the main menu working again (either by getting into the game and out, or by going into settings and out) to please test waiting a few seconds / moving the mouse around a bit.

My experience is that when the main menu gets working again, it's just that the bug has a delay and kicks back in a few seconds later. I have just tested the above going into settings and back, and the main menu was working for a few seconds but then stopped.

Yeah, that's what I'm finding today.  The code is in fact rerunning and removing the PQS that is the main menu, again.  Which is what it should do, but it doesn't help us right here and now.  We need to tell it to leave the main menu alone, lol.

Whoever at squad thought the main menu should be a PQS is sorta...  I mean if they were going to do that, why not from day 1?  Why wait for 1.10.1?  Sometimes their choices confound me.  But I'm working on it.

Edited by R-T-B

@R-T-B

It seems the "settings fix" was more a fluke than a semi-fix; it's not happening for me now.

RE: waiting.  This doesn't work for me at all.  My loadtime is 10~12m; so, I'll often launch KSP and head off to do something else returning a good 10-15m AFTER loading is complete.  The Menu has never re-engaged.

Now, I've begun encountering an issue where the in-game scene clickability and menu are non-existant.

The buildings are not clickable and the sidehelper (below) is missing.

Spoiler

uXCIshj.png

I've uploaded my KSP.log for review.  I got the sidebarMenu and clickability restored by editing a KCT stored vehicle.

The end of the log is immediately after returning to the SpaceCenter.

Reproduction:

Open KCT::select vehicle::edit (This puts you in VA/SPH.)

Cancel Edits. (returns to SpaceCenter)

Functionality restored.

I did nothing else to keep the log as clean as possible.

First thing that I see, Regional PQS (kopernicus expansion) dosen't work on any version past 1.8.x, so get rid of that.

I will edit this post when I find more data

I found another error that could be tied to main menu

NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
    GameParameters+CustomParameterNode.SetDifficultyPreset (GameParameters+Preset preset) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    GameParameters.GetDefaultParameters (Game+Modes mode, GameParameters+Preset p) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    GameParameters:GetDefaultParameters(Modes, Preset)
    MainMenu:Start()

I can't tell as your install has... 148 mods/ folders.

I'd recommend testing the issue without the bulk of part packs and visuals

Edited by Shawn Kerman

1 hour ago, Shawn Kerman said:

First thing that I see, Regional PQS (kopernicus expansion) dosen't work on any version past 1.8.x, so get rid of that.

I will edit this post when I find more data

I found another error that could be tied to main menu

NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
    GameParameters+CustomParameterNode.SetDifficultyPreset (GameParameters+Preset preset) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    GameParameters.GetDefaultParameters (Game+Modes mode, GameParameters+Preset p) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    GameParameters:GetDefaultParameters(Modes, Preset)
    MainMenu:Start()

I can't tell as your install has... 148 mods/ folders.

I'd recommend testing the issue without the bulk of part packs and visuals

I'd advise the same.  And yeah, KopernicusExpansion only works in a limited sense in 1.9+, see this for the working bits;

If after further testing it is indeed affecting in game clickable menus, I'll add a bug report, of course.  It's probably stemming from the same issue either way, but I hope it's not that widespread.

Edited by R-T-B

5 hours ago, Dovahkiin2132 said:

Does this release also require Ultra terrain shaders? If so,is there any way to turn those off,it's really killing my performance.

No, we encourage their use with a warning that you may get an inconsistent look, but we have opted not to force the user to them in bleeding edge builds.  Whether or not that makes it to stable depends on a few things...  but right now it's looking positive.

Regardless, these releases warn, but do not force.

5 hours ago, StoneWolfPC said:

I'm using the new mod click through blocker.  I've had the same issue after loading that I can't click.  I use that to release all input locks and poof.  Gone.  No issues after.  Maybe that's a clue?

Ooh.  Maybe it's an input lock issue rather than a PQS issue?  That would certainly make more sense.  Yes, it's a clue.  No idea what it means yet but it is certainly something important...  heh.

I do apologize that the 1.10.1 input issue is being so slow to fix.  The cause has thus far proved pretty ellusive.  Frustrating.

Edited by R-T-B

11 hours ago, R-T-B said:

No, we encourage their use with a warning that you may get an inconsistent look, but we have opted not to force the user to them in bleeding edge builds.  Whether or not that makes it to stable depends on a few things...  but right now it's looking positive.

Regardless, these releases warn, but do not force.

Ooh.  Maybe it's an input lock issue rather than a PQS issue?  That would certainly make more sense.  Yes, it's a clue.  No idea what it means yet but it is certainly something important...  heh.

I do apologize that the 1.10.1 input issue is being so slow to fix.  The cause has thus far proved pretty ellusive.  Frustrating.

I would have reported it sooner, but it doesn't always happen.  It was common (nearly every test) with Outer Planets mod.  With a test without any planet pack, I haven't seen it at all.  With GU it's rare, but does happen.  Sometimes rather than the locked clicking, when returning to space center view (always from another vessel in orbit somewhere) it will turn the space center black.  Again, it's rare, it's random, and I haven't seen anything in the logs that would even hint to it happening.  I have no way of reproducing it either because no matter what I try, it only happens once in a while.  I can still click on all the buildings, but the screen is completely black besides when you mouse over a building, and the buildings buttons on the left side of the screen.  >.<  Other than that little bit, everything I have noticed seems to be bug free, or nearly at least.  It's stable enough I decided to start a career with it (rough cut, some cheats, set on easy so I can get through it fast except for 40% science gain to make unlocking new tech take forever lol). 

3 hours ago, StoneWolfPC said:

I would have reported it sooner, but it doesn't always happen.  It was common (nearly every test) with Outer Planets mod.  With a test without any planet pack, I haven't seen it at all.  With GU it's rare, but does happen.  Sometimes rather than the locked clicking, when returning to space center view (always from another vessel in orbit somewhere) it will turn the space center black.  Again, it's rare, it's random, and I haven't seen anything in the logs that would even hint to it happening.  I have no way of reproducing it either because no matter what I try, it only happens once in a while.  I can still click on all the buildings, but the screen is completely black besides when you mouse over a building, and the buildings buttons on the left side of the screen.  >.<  Other than that little bit, everything I have noticed seems to be bug free, or nearly at least.  It's stable enough I decided to start a career with it (rough cut, some cheats, set on easy so I can get through it fast except for 40% science gain to make unlocking new tech take forever lol). 

I actually have fixed the bug and it wasn't to do with input locking, but indeed removing elements it shouldn't have been removing (PQS remover run amok).

It's already fixed at the repo and will be in next release.  We're just working on something kind of big to test on the side here to go along with it, it should be out soon. :)

Heads up for the next build!

We will be reimplementing multistar support in the next build.  It will work, as tested by my team, and not generate crazy ECs, but there are some caveats I want to emphasize below:

1.)  It has to "hijack" the stock panels in a new way.  This means you may not get the full affect of the new fixes until a new flight is launched.  Present flights behaviors may be strange or off in regards to EC (unsure really, this is a maybe, they should be fine but it could happen).

2.)  We are unsure if mods that rely on disabling the Kopernicus panels will understand this.  Testing wanted.

It will be out soon.  You can always stay a build behind if you don't want to be a tester here.

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

Heads up for the next build!

We will be reimplementing multistar support in the next build.  It will work, as tested by my team, and not generate crazy ECs, but there are some caveats I want to emphasize below:

1.)  It has to "hijack" the stock panels in a new way.  This means you may not get the full affect of the new fixes until a new flight is launched.  Present flights behaviors may be strange or off in regards to EC (unsure really, this is a maybe, they should be fine but it could happen).

2.)  We are unsure if mods that rely on disabling the Kopernicus panels will understand this.  Testing wanted.

It will be out soon.  You can always stay a build behind if you don't want to be a tester here.

So far your "tests" have run so well I look forward to each one lmao.  Consider it tested!

This is R-T-B's "Bleeding Edge" branch of Kopernicus, intended to support the latest features, KSP editions, and also the latest bugs. Please keep in mind this branch may be more buggy than Prestja's mainline Kopernicus branch, but it also supports more KSP versions and has more features implemented for testing reasons. Many features that make it into mainline Kopernicus are born, tested, and trialed by fire here.

This is release 12. It contains the following changes:

1.) The return of multistar support! This support is well tested in many environments by me personally and should behave similarly (though not identically, it's more scientific!) to stock, but bug reports of significant deviations from what is expected are appreciated (keep in mind stock does not support multistar!)

2.) Also added/Implemented atmospheric extinction to the multistar EC calc.  This means atmosphere now can reduce solar output, just like in stock.  (Temperature too, something I didn't even know happened until NathanKell explained it to me!)

3.) Fixed the 1.10.1 menu freeze bug.

4.) Updated Module Manager to 4.1.4.

Known Bugs:

1.) Right now? None! Famous last words?

2.)  You may have an issue where in flight flights are not using the new panel math.  If so, this is not fixable, you will simply have to start a new flight.  I hope this is not the case, but it could be.

3.)  As of now, the 1.10.1 releases do not support comets.  I'd welcome PR's to fix that, because I have no idea where to start.

Please download the right output zip for your version. "191" zips are for 1.9.1, "1101" for 1.10.1, etc.

Thanks and as always, report bugs!

-RTB

Edited by R-T-B

I take that silence as a good thing.

I'd like to highlight this:

3.)  As of now, the 1.10.1 releases do not support comets.  I'd welcome PR's to fix that, because I have no idea where to start.

To clarify what the issue is here...  Kopernicus at present takes complete control of stock asteroids (and thus comets) at the moment, including their generation.  This allows users to create custom belts, etc, with size distribution and other fun stuff.  It's also causing us a heck of a lot of problems in regards to enabling comets.  Would users mind if I disabled this and just let the squad asteroid system run in it's place?  I'm seeking feedback from both planet pack authors and users, here.  It'd fix the problem, but we'd lose this functionality, and it'd just act like stock always in regards to how they spawned (around Kerbin/dres space really).

Edited by R-T-B

I'd say let stock comets do their job, and defer the implementation in Kopernicus until other issues are addressed and stable.  Comets are new enough to where they should not be all that vital for mod packs compared to stars, planets, moons and asteroids.  Plus, they do have a stable system for handling them already in stock game, no use in duplicating that at the moment, since it seems sufficient to the task, unless its trivial to do so (which it appears not to be).

Edited by Murdabenne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.