Animations and FX in editor?

Iodyne

Is there any sort of mod that allows various fx such as engine plumes visible inside the VAB (in the same way a light can be toggled or a solar panel extended)? Would be useful for building ships to avoid engine exhaust (especially with gimbal) and many other things. Could try to do it myself but I don't really know C# or unity code.

I can't find any mods that do that. An alternate way of doing it probably could be taking an engine and test running it on the launch pad. Check the engine's plume size while firing and you could use a part(s) in the VAB to place under the engine to show the size of the plume.

Ha I didn't mean you had to answer lol; just laughing at how it got 30 views and noone seemed to have an answer. I guess it shows that it indeed does not exist. Yeah launchpad works fine, just thinking maybe it'd make a useful mod and not having to deal with loading times...

Or even to allow RCS to act within VAB so one doesn't have to resort to editing into orbit (although I guess now that I think about it, KRASH kind of does this) although again with loading times, but perhaps switching from editor to physics requires such.

Thanks anyways for the reply.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.