Poll on multi-monitor support

Pick which best applies or request a new option  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently use more than one monitor?

2. 2. Your opinion on multi-monitor support

• I would like to see this feature in the game and would use it
    • I wouldn't use this feature but I wouldn't mind it existing in the game for others to use
    • I do not want this feature to be in the game

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

But this leaves unclear the opinions of those not using the feature on whether or not they care if it is included in the game.

Why even ask that?  It is irrelevant to the main question.  You are asking two questions in one entry, which gives the impression of bias, even if not intended

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Though, I hope multi-monitor support as in spanning a single window over 3 screens was not the type of feature most people were thinking of when voting as in other discussions the central feature was having a constant map view open in a different monitor as a separate window

As soon as you say "I hope", you are admitting that the question is vague leaving the answers to be interpreted in ways you may not have intended

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why even ask that?  It is irrelevant to the main question.  You are asking two questions in one entry, which gives the impression of bias, even if not intended

It helps in finding correlation between the 2 questions and I felt the responses were still straight forward enough not to be convoluted. As I've said earlier, I could have added a 4th option of "I would use this feature but would not like to see it in the game" but that response seems self contradicting so I omitted it, perhaps I should not have.

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As soon as you say "I hope", you are admitting that the question is vague leaving the answers to be interpreted in ways you may not have intended

I mean that in hindsight, now, after the poll has been made and voted on. I hope when people were voting on this they did so imagining a feature of multiple windows of data placed on multiple screens and not a single window spanning multiple screens as was presented by @pmborg. This is why I posted earlier with:

On 7/21/2020 at 1:27 PM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Not to speak for @linuxgurugamer but I think an implication for multi-monitor support is having the game open multiple windows and having each window fullscreen in different monitors as opposed to spanning a single image. These full windows would both operate on the single instance of KSP 2 running but 1 window would have one set of data (a view of the craft for instance) and the other would contain the map and/or any hud/UI add-ons etc...

The objective being to have a clean view of the craft in flight without clutter while the other window contains all the data/map to better organize the KSP experience

But yes, that matter is vague and this was not intended as I had mixed multi-monitor and multi-windowed. Sorry the original wasn't explained better. If you would like please start a more nuanced poll for the community to vote on. If I could delete this thread and make a new poll I would but I can't and feel if I made another very similar poll others may see that in itself as bias in changing words around to seek a desired result, and in making this I'd rather not establish a reputation of being a biased person on the forums as I do my best to exercise mindfulness and eschew personal bias. I have yet to see the mods outright delete a thread but if that is a thing they would do then I would be happy with a redo with a more thought out questionnaire.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

Hello @mcwaffles2003,

Maybe every body is going on the same error as I did, because of the thread title:

"Poll on multi-monitor support" and what you are asking is for "Poll on multi-window support", which allow us to put multiple windows on multiple monitors, like a map in another monitor and/or put all avionics in another monitor and so on.

• Multi-monitor support: is Hardware and is provided by DirectX layer as interface with Graphics card driver, that is for free for all applications.
  • Multi-Window is a pure application (in this case KSP application) decision of implement it or not.

I hope it helps.