[1.10-1.12] Kopernicus Expansion Continued-er

Vabien

3 hours ago, MrB said:

Please update the mod so it's compatible with the ksp 1.11. Thz in advance 

Hey, it should work in 1.11, if there's issues could you please provide a description and/or log?

6 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

I'm a little confused about what to download. I just want footprints so do I get the Examples or the EVA footprints folder?

Ah I'm sorry I wasn't clear. You want both EVA footprints and Examples (assuming you're stock planets), then to grab ONLY the footprints from Examples.

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2020 at 8:36 PM, Vabien said:

If anyone has suggestions for features, or complaints about deprecated features, feel free to tell me.

@Vabien how much footprints will be printed till the first fp gets deleted(and how long the stay²) & one for the wishlist:

CUBsg5f.png

as the kerbals act like ships (afaik) it should not be so far away from footprint code,just with wheels.forgive me if iam wrong.

On 1/12/2021 at 12:48 AM, Vabien said:

adding compatibility with the Parallax mod for footprints

Spoiler

dAfVnAQ.png

and of course big thank u for maintain this small but great mod.joy.png

old pic=for future reason

15sec after i post it, i found this partial answer²

Spoiler
On 2/15/2021 at 5:11 AM, ItsJustLuci said:

Ah, not quite. Boot-prints aren't saved to any file. Definitely something I might do in future, but for now they despawn outside render distance

Edited by Burning Kan
²partial answer

On 3/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, Burning Kan said:

@Vabien how much footprints will be printed till the first fp gets deleted(and how long the stay²) & one for the wishlist:

CUBsg5f.png

as the kerbals act like ships (afaik) it should not be so far away from footprint code,just with wheels.forgive me if iam wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

dAfVnAQ.png

and of course big thank u for maintain this small but great mod.joy.png

old pic=for future reason

15sec after i post it, i found this partial answer²

Reveal hidden contents

There is a spawn limit, I believe it's 1024 within render distance. They however, have no time limit, so until you unload the scene, or travel away, they are there. You would be correct that kerbals are effectively just 1 part ships, which is why I believe it won't be hard to give wheels the same code. The hard bit is the texturing, which will have to be provided by any wheel that uses it. Wheels will also have to implement it as a module, so additional wheel mods, as well as mods that drastically change them like ReStock may be incompatible/less than compatible (ReStock would probably still give wheel prints, but they would be an incorrect texture.) I might also have to use a completely new system when I get around to adding parallax support.

Also update for anyone waiting for updates: 1, please message me if you need something updated. School is taking priority right now, but I would be happy to look at something if you need it for your planet pack. 2, don't expect anything soon. I will be trying to get back to work on it, but there hasn't been any progress for a few months. 3, if you're a modder who wants to help, please @ me on discord (Vabien#3986). I'll review any pull requests, and try to release them ASAP.

Edited by Vabien

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 7:50 PM, Jason Kerman said:

Will the EmissiveFX be back in the future?

Yes that's one of the projects I'm working on rn. It should be able to run in general, but Linux doesn't play nice atm. Should be released in the next update.

Speaking of updates...

I'm going to be testing a new footprint system that's compatible with Parallax. It uses projectors instead of meshes to create the footprints. This could change in the future, but for now it seems like the most elegant solution. 

I'll post a preview later today, but it seems fairly stable. My only concern is a potential performance tank due to a lot of projectors. I'll look in to fixing that via alternate render methods. I'll try and get a beta version out ASAP. I'll provide it on the side of the OG footprints so you can keep your stable footprints if you want.

Edit: To expand on this, when unity renders something via projector, it renders the entire object it projects on again. This gets performance heavy quick, so this is a temporary solution. What I'll likely look in to is a deformed mesh, or figuring out how to use a single projector.

Edited by Vabien

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I am struggling to get the footprints to work correctly for me. 

I am running 1.11 on Linux with JNSQ planet pack. As you can see below the footprints appear as black rectangles. 

PMg4itp.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, lpam said:

Hi there, I am struggling to get the footprints to work correctly for me. 

I am running 1.11 on Linux with JNSQ planet pack. As you can see below the footprints appear as black rectangles. 

PMg4itp.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

If I had to guess, that's a missing texture. Ensure that the footprint.dds is in the right folder, and if it isn't, I'll take a look at it.

16 minutes ago, Vabien said:

If I had to guess, that's a missing texture. Ensure that the footprint.dds is in the right folder, and if it isn't, I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for getting back to me, this is the path to the texture file:

Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KopernicusExpansion/Textures/KerbalEVAFootprintMask.dds

1 hour ago, lpam said:

Thanks for getting back to me, this is the path to the texture file:

Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KopernicusExpansion/Textures/KerbalEVAFootprintMask.dds

Well, that's a pickle. It should be there. Could you provide your KSP.log, and a modlist if possible? Mainly visual ones. Your lighting looks off.

No problem, the logs were too large for pastebin, so I hope Google Drive is ok?  ksp.log  Player.log

Ohh boy, modlist...

NcI8wku.png

Visual mods include: AD Astra which requires Environmental Visual Enhancements and ScattererDistant Object EnhancementPlanetshine and finally TUFX which is causing the changes to the lighting.

Thank you for keeping this updated. The wormholes and footprints in particular. The latter should frankly be in stock, and the former is extra useful for interstellar planet packs.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:57 PM, lpam said:

No problem, the logs were too large for pastebin, so I hope Google Drive is ok?  ksp.log  Player.log

Ohh boy, modlist...

Visual mods include: AD Astra which requires Environmental Visual Enhancements and ScattererDistant Object EnhancementPlanetshine and finally TUFX which is causing the changes to the lighting.

firstly, holy love how do you load your game in this millennia

second, I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure what the hell is causing your issue. I've determined that you do have a strange error, but I don't know what causes it. I'd suspect one of the visual mods, namely planetshine, but I don't know. I'm gonna try a compatibility check and I'll get back to you

Hey so I'm gonna be taking a decent break from working on this. Someone else is free to fork in the meantime. Due to work and stress I just don't have the time or energy to work on it. If you do fork it, please link it here so I can put it in the post! Thanks, be back soon™

oh and by the way, I never did figure out the error. I'll keep looking until someone else takes over.

23 hours ago, Apollo 13 said:

For some reason when I get near a wormhole and reach periapsis, it speeds up my ship and throws it away instead of warping. is this a normal bug?

That...is strange. I have no idea. What planet pack does it?

21 hours ago, Apollo 13 said:

its a new one called strange new worlds 

here it is

Ah, I'm getting the same issue. Gonna test a different pack to see if it's just this one

9 minutes ago, Vabien said:

Ah, I'm getting the same issue. Gonna test a different pack to see if it's just this one

Sooooo, the configs on their end are borked. @ZaffreYou need to change Wormhole/Partner in the .cfg to be the name of the body in the .cfg, not the display name. So BaldursGate and DeepwaterGate instead.