[1.10-1.12] Kopernicus Expansion Continued-er

Vabien

1 hour ago, Vabien said:

Sooooo, the configs on their end are borked. @ZaffreYou need to change Wormhole/Partner in the .cfg to be the name of the body in the .cfg, not the display name. So BaldursGate and DeepwaterGate instead.

Oh, it works!!! Thanks for the help, and your doing great stuff for reviving Kopernicus extensions.

1 hour ago, Vabien said:

Sooooo, the configs on their end are borked. @ZaffreYou need to change Wormhole/Partner in the .cfg to be the name of the body in the .cfg, not the display name. So BaldursGate and DeepwaterGate instead.

:0.0: Oh my bloody gosh... sigh I cannot believe I screwed that up. I had changed their internal names to be more proper but left their old internal names on the destination... Thank you for pointing this out.

Just now, Zaffre said:

:0.0: Oh my bloody gosh... sigh I cannot believe I screwed that up. I had changed their internal names to be more proper but left their old internal names on the destination... Thank you for pointing this out.

Hey no problem you're doing way more than I ever could. Your planet pack is the best one I've played yet. keep up the amazing work:D

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Thank you so much for keeping it updated! 

I got an issue with emissiveFX. When I use a greyscale map for emissiveMap, the whole planet is glowing uniformly. Could you help me figure out whether it is my fault for this problem? Thanks!

Sure! I'll take a look at the example eve config from an old version.

49 minutes ago, Apollo 13 said:

Is it possible to add the shaders from Singularity and add it to wormholes? 

It is possible, but due to licensing and such, it's planet pack dependent.

17 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Thank you so much for keeping it updated! 

I got an issue with emissiveFX. When I use a greyscale map for emissiveMap, the whole planet is glowing uniformly. Could you help me figure out whether it is my fault for this problem? Thanks!

Looks like it works for me, but my map uses alpha instead of black to white. Maybe that's the issue?

Speaking of stuff working, looks like 1.12 works fine! I'll update the title to reflect the change.

9 hours ago, Vabien said:

Looks like it works for me, but my map uses alpha instead of black to white. Maybe that's the issue?

Speaking of stuff working, looks like 1.12 works fine! I'll update the title to reflect the change.

It works. Thank you for your help!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, Vabien said:

If anyone has suggestions for features, or complaints about deprecated features, feel free to tell me.

I have no idea if this is within the purview of this mod, but giving planet pack authors a mechanism for adding custom anomalies would be great.  I know Beyond Home has them as scatter, but because it's custom, they don't show up as anomalies either via KerbNet or ScanSat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, been a while. I won't bore y'all with the details but I do hope to focus more on the mod soon. With ksp 1.12 out, and ksp 2 no doubt around the corner, I'd like to get this in a FULLY usable form. If you're a modder, feel free to contact me to help me some, but in the meantime I will be focusing on getting this back to fully usable. This does mean that I will be moving 1.12 to fully supported, and hopefully by the end of the summer it will be fully up to date. At which point I do have some plans to hopefully "weld" some mods back together, assuming someone doesn't get to it first that is. As of now, all added features will be put on hold, and footprints will be the last thing I work on. I may turn that in to a separate mod built from the ground up to support Parallax, and hopefully have tire tracks, landing gear tracks, and engine dust and soot (hopefully dependent on fuel type and thrust). But I digress, these are things far in the future. For now, expect ModularNoise to be back in the coming month or two, then hopefully I can work out how to use stock comet effects for the comet library.

Thanks for the support!

Vabien

On 4/17/2022 at 1:57 PM, Jason Kerman said:

Hi Vabien! Thank you so much for maintaining it! It's very helpful to my planet mod. If you need any testing, feel free to let me know.

BTW, is it possible to make wormholes transferring communication signals?  Thanks!

I cannot guarantee this would be possible, but I suppose making wormholes a "relay" could work. It depends on how the relays work, but chances are I could rig something. I'll keep it in mind.

Quick update, working on a planet pack in parallel. As a hint, let's just say "I don't know what." It's an expansion for an existing pack. This does mean I will be working on this as I will likely need the modular noise and comet parts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vabien! 
I have a very strange problem, when I use KopernicusExpansion and KerbalismSystemHeat and NearFutureElectrical I have problems with the nodes of the reactor disappearing and the console is reporting errors.

To be precise, was there any conflict between SystemHeatFissionReactors and KopernicusExpansion?

The problem disappeared after I tried to remove the KopernicusExpansion or SystemHeatFissionReactors.

cPNney1.jpgHere is my list of mods.

Log

video

Edited by DY_ZBX

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 12:37 AM, DY_ZBX said:

Hi Vabien! 
I have a very strange problem, when I use KopernicusExpansion and KerbalismSystemHeat and NearFutureElectrical I have problems with the nodes of the reactor disappearing and the console is reporting errors.

To be precise, was there any conflict between SystemHeatFissionReactors and KopernicusExpansion before?

The problem disappeared after I tried to remove the KopernicusExpansion or SystemHeatFissionReactors.

cPNney1.jpgHere is my list of mods.

Log

video

It could be, but I've never seen this. Could you make the log public so I can take a look?

Edited by Vabien

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, Vabien said:

FAQ

I'm just trying to play a dumb space frog game. What does this mod actually do?

• For you, not much. We have footprints for you, but most of these features are only going to be useful as a dependency for a planet pack. Footprints require configs however, so you will either need to make them yourself, or look for specifically a mod that has them. This does not apply to stock, as we provide configs.

Does this config for stock conflict with Parallax? (I'm not using parallax tessellation or colliders, only the textures)

Also, to clarify, my KSP install is 1.12.3, and the latest downloadable version is for... (checks notes) ...1.11. That could definitely be something.

P.S.: sorry for spamming the thread.

Edited by Socowez
Removing unnecessary quote box

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.