Looking for a free easy to use game video recording software program for KSP gameplay recordings is my title to long ?

Triop

Hello @Triop

• Best: If you use a NVIDIA card you can use "Gforce Force Experience SW" which use the not used speed of card to do the compression, so zero FPS loss (the one refereed by @linuxgurugamer)
  • 2nd Best in my opinion: If you don't have a nvidia card,you can use the free "Game Capture" sw of "Overwolf", but one this one you will have about 20% FPS losses.

Edited by pmborg

3 minutes ago, soulsource said:

A bit late, but:

Windows has a video recorder built in. Not much in terms of editing, but simple record/stop functionality is there. Can be accessed by using the key combination "Windows"+"g".

Ok, didn't know that, pressing windows +g did not dissapoint, it actually works !

Thanks Bill !

giphy.gif

• 1 year later...
50 minutes ago, Zola82 said:

I have been looking for a couple of days now, and cant seem to find anything good. OBS seems to only work on windows 7, fraps is too hard to use with KSP settings and causes lag and I got 4k so the recorded video is REALLY big.

Bandicam. It'll have a huge watermark, but it works like a charm.

2 hours ago, Zola82 said:

I have been looking for a couple of days now, and cant seem to find anything good. OBS seems to only work on windows 7, fraps is too hard to use with KSP settings and causes lag and I got 4k so the recorded video is REALLY big.

OBS definitely works on newer versions of Windows; I use it on Win11.  It's really easy to use - you just have to tune the recording settings.  If you're looking for less lag, try decreasing the quality of your recording or use a different encoder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.