Lewie’s ksp collabrative warfare project

Lewie

Well, I decided to start a collaborative warfare project. Anyone is welcome to join, but the project is limited to five people, including myself. This limit is set in the interest of being able yo do this effectively and efficiently. If you would like to join, please pm me with what nation you are, and your flag. 

We will take turns-each player is given 1 week (Monday through Sunday) to make their move. You can attack up to two nations per turn. If you finish early before your week is up, the save file will/can be sent to next player and said player will have one week from reception of the file to finish their turn.  

Current roster-

1. Lewie (kraken kingdom, custom flag) 

Rules-(subject to change) 

1.have fun!

2. Alliances are allowed, but you may only by in an alliance with up to two other players at any given time. Alliances can only be ended when both parties agree upon it, so no back stabbing! 

3.If an alliance ends, you cannot attack former ally for until your next turn.

3. Unmannered weaponry is limited to fighter jets automated turrets. 

4. Turrets shall not be overly op, but craft-seeking missiles are allowed. But the number of said missiles cannot exceed 4 per turret.

5. Turrets cannot be spammed. You may have up to 3 turrets per sq. Km surrounding your base. 

6. Nuclear bombs are ok, but they cannot be launched until you mine 15000 units in of uranium from any celestial body aside from kerbin. 

7. You are limited to the use of 1 nuclear weapon per two turns.

8. Any base is considered destroyed after a hit from a nuke. 

9. A base is considered to be a player made complex consisting of a runway, hanger, ‘operations center’ and defenses. The base must have the player’s flag planted in the center if the base.

10. A base is considered captured after it’s defenses are destroyed and the flag take  down. The captured base’s flag shall be replaced with the flag of the attacker.

11. Each player must have a ‘capitol’ a capitol can have as many defenses as the player desires. Capitols CANNOT be destroyed. Said defenses must be destroyed, flag taken down and replaced with attackers flag. Then, and only then is said capitol ‘captured’

12. A capitol can be as small or as large as the player decides, but it cannot have any military capacity aside from it’s defenses.

13. A nation is defeated after the capitol is taken. Not all bases have to be taken, but it is highly recommended to take as many bases as possible. If a player has 3 bases left, OR the resources at hand to construct another base, they can continue to fight until all bases are destroyed.

14. Each player will mark the borders of their country with periodically placed flags. They can be as close or far away as you like, but you must be able to clearly see said nation’s borders.

15. Peace treaties and alliances  shall be negotiated with the aid of dark multiplayer(or a phone call, email, whatever works best) 

16. If two players wish to dogfight, darkmultipyer is the way to go. The fight will be counted as part of each contending player’s turn.

17. Submarines are allowed. But are only allowed to contain a maximum of 20 missiles and 1 nuclear missile. 

18. A base requires 5,000 units of raw ore to be transported back to kerbin and landed back inside the player’s nation.  

19. Permanent alliances are allowed, but only 2 players can be in said alliance per ‘side’

20. Have fun! Rules are also subject to change if needed. If you want a rule added or amended, just pm me.

The mod list (subject to change)

1. Bdarmory for project runway

2. Kerbal konstucts

3. Extraplanetary launchpads

4. North kerbin dynamics

5. Community resources

6. Ground construction 

7. Physics range extender

8. Trajectories 

9. Variant preset (thanks to @Snark for this mod!)

10. Aircraft accessories 

11. Module manager

12. Kerbal engineer redux

13. Docking port alignment indicator 

14. Environmental visual enhancements

15. Scatter

(will be played on version 1.10)

Edited by Lewie

@Lewie, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we can't allow this to take place on the forums, we have a specific rule for this (2.2j).   Role Playing through KSP has never ended well on the forums, even a turn based one such as this.  One player says something the other team doesn't like, nations get attacked, feelings get hurt, and then it spills over into the forums and it's all messy.  So, if you would like to proceed, we ask that you would host the game on a discord, email list, or a BBS (and to please leave it there and not bring any fallout here).   And as this thread is now about recruiting players for your game, it has been moved to the Kerbal Network.

3 hours ago, Lewie said:

@Gargamel I’m really sorry about that! Didn’t want to cause any trouble, and I didn’t really know this was ‘role playing’ per say, but uh yeah, I’ll just move this to discord. 

No need to apologize. :) We're just letting you know. 

• 1 month later...

No worries mate, I guess you weren't around back in the day, but we had a whole forum section dedicated to this very kind of play.

Alas, it gradually devolved into ppl being very nasty towards each other over assorted petty nonsense bickering items. All of which of course, must have seemed immensely important to them at the time. 

Eventually the only solution was deem the place "unfit for human habitation", then bring the whole house down and burn whatever was left upon the lot....

Long story short:   This is why we can't have nice things around here.... :/

Yet as a positive side effect:  The whole trend was actually one of the things that inspired me to start developing MotorWings;

That and various other observations had me notice a strong player inclination towards a build-your-own-airplane environment where this kind of "closer to home" experience might arise.  I also found myself seriously wanting to play this theoretical would-be game, though I'd have to make it myself first.

Long story short:  I'm now working on this project that's basically a KSP style game in a post-apocalyptic-like fantasy setting with an open-world 4X mechanic. I call it MotorWings, and sometimes describe it simply as:  KSP + Crimson Skies.

It's only just been started, but you can already make planes and fly them around; But sooner or later, there shall be a place where a not so outwordly build-your-own experience can be enjoyed without as much need to make up and enforce (then fight over) one's own rules - Though nothing stops that if one really desires it.

My best-case-scenario for it would be to somehow integrate the whole flying gameplay (the stuff you can do with the plane you built) into a vast MMO Elite-Like experience.  Though that would require far more money than I currently have... Maybe you know some rich person who could be interested? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Oh well, enough tooting my own old horn, anyways:

This was just one of the things that resulted from: The Curious Case of the RP Boards and Why We Don't Have Them Anymore.

Edited by Moach

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.