Kerbal Space Program 1.10.1 is live!

UomoCapra

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program 1.10.1 is live!

This patch contains several bugs fixes related to the 1.10 update. 

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

=================================== v1.10.1 ============================================================
1.10.1 Changelog - BaseGame ONLY (see below for Making History and Breaking Ground changelog)
+++ Improvements
* Fairings now get rebuilt when changing the number of sides in the PAW.
+++ Localization
* Fix issue with Italian translation of drill action.
* Fix grammar error in MPO part description.
* Add missing localization on the ESA Collaboration mission pack.
* Several ESA-related vocabulary improvements in multiple languages.
* Fix localization tags appearing in debug console/log when playing ESA missions without Making History DLC installed.
+++ Bugfixes
* Fix players of ESA missions being able to access the VAB and SPH.
* Fix invalid attachment references in flag parts when attached/detached/reattached in VAB/SPH.
* Fix spawn probabilities for comet types.
* Fix issues when contract expires that was regarding a comet that expires.
* Make opaque flag parts actually opaque when not placed over other parts.
* Fix Mk2 Lander cans open door action being missing.
* Fix crew icons update when changing suits with the suit picker.
* Fix broken merge button on craft load dialog.
* Fixed missing spacing in ESA Bepi short mission dialog message.
* Fixed overlapping buttons in main menu.
* Attaching a single flag on the fairings now updates the editing capabilities on the fairing's PAW in the VAB and SPH.
* Fix bug where comet sample contracts were not updated if a comet was renamed.
* Fix mirror symmetry when using rotate and move tool. Same as we fixed it for placement tool.
* The magnetometer now weighs 50 kg.
* Fix Thrust Alignment on Poodle.
* Fix deployable panels and antennas no longer breaking from air pressure.
* Fix reentry VFX not showing when large comets hit celestial body atmospheres.
* Fix radial drill not working on comets.
* Fix KSPedia page Aircraft/Basics breaking in every language except Portuguese/Brazilian.
+++ Mods
* Fix ModuleProceduralFairing to allow mod override of base transform name and null check.
* Add file path to SelectConfigNodeCallback which is called when a craft file is selected from the CraftBrowserDialog in the VAB/SPH.
* Fix callback to OnFileSelectedCallback from the CraftBrowserDialog in the VAB/SPH.
* Fix loading of mod Fonts.
=================================== Making History 1.10.1 =================================== 
+++ Localization
* Fix typo in "Show map node" option in some nodes in Mission Builder.
+++ Bugfixes
* Werner character not showing up in mission dialogue boxes.
* Fix description of comet class localization bug.
* Fix engine plate parts drag settings.
* Fix Sally Hut 1 - space station disappears during mission.
* Fix To the Mun via Minmus - mission stalls trying to get to the Mun.
* Fix Dawn of the Space Age - mission stalls at Jebnik 1 Reach Altitude 1 node.
* Fix Meet Me in Zero G - Atlas Agena is not present when launching Gemini 8.
=================================== Breaking Ground 1.5.1 ===================================
+++ Bugfixes
* Fix unmotorized hinges returning to their build angle when locked in flight mode.

Remember that you can help us find bugs/issues by reporting them into our bugtracker and that you can also upvote reports to make them more visible.

Happy launchings!

Should this fix other mods that also have NREs on drag cubes, or just the fairings. 

Several mods have run into NREs on loading drag cubes for non-fairing parts.

Hollow fairings are not fixed, flag bodylift isn't fixed, flag colliders are not fixed either, even the fuel transfer is not fixed. Really? Like, really. I can understand why the first three might not be considered significant enough, but the last one? The fuel transfer which isn't working properly? One of the core features of the game. This is not funny. 

3 minutes ago, mattssheep4 said:

Classic. As soon as I get most of my mods sorted and things look like they're working ok... an update comes. Not that I'm complaining about the update - but I've gotta move a lot of folders again.

Don't worry, a small bugfixing patch like this *usually* won't break mods.

35 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Hollow fairings are not fixed, flag bodylift isn't fixed, flag colliders are not fixed either, even the fuel transfer is not fixed. Really? Like, really. I can understand why the first three might not be considered significant enough, but the last one? The fuel transfer which isn't working properly? One of the core features of the game. This is not funny. 

Which bug would stop the game from loading on certain mod parts?  (Habtech 2 Solar Truss for example).

1 hour ago, dok_377 said:

Half of the confirmed bugs are not fixed. As usual. 

45 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Whatever helps get KSP out of the door as fast as possible, even if the surgery is only halfway done - stitch them back up as the bugs build up and the tumors grow, and remove them slower than they're growing.

1 hour ago, dok_377 said:

Half of the confirmed bugs are not fixed. As usual. 

Be careful how you express things online.

Some might interpret that compliment (half the bugs are fixed) as something negative!

1 hour ago, mattssheep4 said:

Classic. As soon as I get most of my mods sorted and things look like they're working ok... an update comes. Not that I'm complaining about the update - but I've gotta move a lot of folders again.

That's why I have a script for that.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Whatever helps get KSP out of the door as fast as possible, even if the surgery is only halfway done - stitch them back up as the bugs build up and the tumors grow, and remove them slower than they're growing.

Um. Jeeze.

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Is this why you can't use fairings in 1.10+ReStock?

It was. Though should be fixed now. But I can't guarantee what might happen with various mods.

Basically there was a change made in 1.10.0 for open ended fairings that caused issue for all mod fairings. Which has now been resolved in 1.10.1.

2 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Should this fix other mods that also have NREs on drag cubes, or just the fairings. 

Several mods have run into NREs on loading drag cubes for non-fairing parts.

Has that been reported on the bug tracker? first I've heard of it.

12 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

I dont see this on steam

You will. Steam can be slow sometimes, and stagger updates to people to save on heavy bandwidth.

I just downloaded it so Steam does have it available. Have you tried to run KSP through Steam? Usually they force update when you try to run something with an update.

37 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

You will. Steam can be slow sometimes, and stagger updates to people to save on heavy bandwidth.

I just downloaded it so Steam does have it available. Have you tried to run KSP through Steam? Usually they force update when you try to run something with an update.

I will try, Ive never had an issue before but I guess theres always a first time. I restarted steam and that didnt work, but I didnt think about starting ksp to check for an update, lol never had to

EDIT: apparently I was already updated and just didnt know. Confusion because in the previous version selection window on steam... 1.10.0 isnt present and thats usually the indication(to me at least) of it being the current version installed, also no 'steam news update', but I wasnt expecting that since its just a patch update. However I checked the ksp text file located in the main directory and it states 1.10.1 and the watermark is also updated. So im good

Edited by Jesusthebird

Ever since KSP 1.10.1 downloaded today I have gotten 6 crashes to desktop, all when trying to do the same thing (this is stock, no mods, but I do have both DLCs):

The crashes only ever happened when trying to drag one of the 6 'knobs' of a maneuver node. Usually (thought not 100% of the time) that maneuver node was made while currently in orbit of Sun, on the way to Jool, and trying to make a maneuver node on the Sun orbit patch that will adjust the future Tylo approach to do a gravity-assisted capture at Jool.  This is making it unplayable (as my career is currently in the middle of trying to do stuff at Jool so this Tylo assist is a common task.)  and I cannot back out to KSP 1.10 (the Steam "betas" tab does not show 1.10 as an option.  I can either have 1.10.1 or 1.9.2 - nothing in between those two.)

This problem never happened before today's update.

As part of trying to clear out whatever the bug is, after each time, I used Steam's "Verify Integrity of Local Files" and it always finds a few that need re-downloading after the crash.  The file "PartDatabase.cfg" is *always* reported as needing a reload.  Sometimes it wants to reload other ones too, but that one is the consistent one that always differs.  I don't know if this is just a normal side effect of having played the game (maybe it always writes that file out each time the game runs) or related to the crash.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Am I alone?  I saved the last 4 Crash folders from Appdata/Squad/Kerbal Space Program if that would help.

Edited by Steven Mading
grammar

So dok_377 mentioned the fuel lines are still not fixed... Can anyone else confirm this? I'm not saying he's wrong but I'm not exactly close to my PC to check. I'd like to play KSP again if they are fixed as I have a DOMA mission postponed until further notice no thanks to that bug.