Kerbal Space Program 1.10.1 is live!

UomoCapra

58 minutes ago, James M said:

So dok_377 mentioned the fuel lines are still not fixed... Can anyone else confirm this? I'm not saying he's wrong but I'm not exactly close to my PC to check. I'd like to play KSP again if they are fixed as I have a DOMA mission postponed until further notice no thanks to that bug. 

The fuel transfer works, eventually. You just have to fiddle with it enough times until they fix the bug. 

45 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

The fuel transfer works, eventually. You just have to fiddle with it enough times until they fix the bug. 

I found that the Fuel Transfer bug can be worked around by switching vessels then back again.  You will need to use the tracking station or map mode if no other vessels are nearby though.  A bit inconvenient, but not a mission wrecker.

Hooray! I've been awaiting a patch for a while now.

I'm pleased about the fairing rebuild feature, the Merge button reliability fix, and the magnetometer mass fix. I'm sad that the fuel transfer bug remains, as it was the primary reason I was awaiting a patch, but I guess it's giving the devs a hard time (I certainly don't see why it wouldn't be a priority over things like accessing the VAB in ESA missions). I suppose I can look forward to 1.10.2 addressing that :\

P.S. Regarding that fuel bug: I've been poking around some more and it seems that maybe if (after the first transfer, which seems to always work normally) you make sure to begin your selection with a tank that wasn't involved in a previous transfer, and only use the buttons on that first tank you have selected, it continues to work. You may also have to constrain the other tanks to those not involved in the previous transfer and thus alternate which tanks are usable. It's a finicky thing. I still think it's related to some pointer or boolean not being correctly reset when the selection changes, causing the game to attempt to move fuel among tanks that were in the previous selection but not the current one, causing an error-catching function to block the transfer. I'll add more once 1.10.1 is set up if I find anything has changed.
Oh, also the F5/F9 method, or leaving to the Tracking Station or Space Center and then resuming flight, so far seem to reliably restore functionality as well.

Edited by problemecium
fuel transfer bug findings

32 minutes ago, problemecium said:

Regarding that fuel bug

Fastest way to workaround the fuel transfer bug is a little timewarp before every transfer. Didn't check on 1.10.1 yet. This can't work while flying in atmosphere though...

Anyone else has a missing magnetometer now? I have Restock and previously whitelisted it and it worked fine, now its missing from my craft and from the partlist in the VAB.

Got it fixed, verified game files via Steam and its back now, strange stuff.

Edited by AlphaRP

14 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Whatever helps get KSP out of the door as fast as possible, even if the surgery is only halfway done - stitch them back up as the bugs build up and the tumors grow, and remove them slower than they're growing.

K.S.P.  or M.A.S.H.

???

Stop the bleeding and get it back into action regardless of other lingering issues.

EDIT: Regardless, a fix is a fix.

Edited by Wallygator

On 7/28/2020 at 5:09 AM, UomoCapra said:

* Fix ModuleProceduralFairing to allow mod override of base transform name and null check.

I infer that this means that every single mod is going to need to patch every single ModuleProceduralFairing in order to work in 1.10.1.  I guess it'll be a while before I move off of 1.9.1.

17 hours ago, JPLRepo said:
20 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Is this why you can't use fairings in 1.10+ReStock?

It was. Though should be fixed now. But I can't guarantee what might happen with various mods.

Good. Because transferring purchases to Steam prevents you from downloading patches, I'll have to copy KSP itself after updating my vanilla install then transfer the CKAN files, gamedata and saves over. Was not letting us download patches and installers from the KSP site after getting access to the Steam version so necessary?

17 hours ago, JPLRepo said:
20 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Should this fix other mods that also have NREs on drag cubes, or just the fairings. 

Several mods have run into NREs on loading drag cubes for non-fairing parts.

Has that been reported on the bug tracker? first I've heard of it.

:/

16 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Ever since KSP 1.10.1 downloaded today I have gotten 6 crashes to desktop, all when trying to do the same thing (this is stock, no mods, but I do have both DLCs):

The crashes only ever happened when trying to drag one of the 6 'knobs' of a maneuver node. Usually (thought not 100% of the time) that maneuver node was made while currently in orbit of Sun, on the way to Jool, and trying to make a maneuver node on the Sun orbit patch that will adjust the future Tylo approach to do a gravity-assisted capture at Jool.  This is making it unplayable (as my career is currently in the middle of trying to do stuff at Jool so this Tylo assist is a common task.)  and I cannot back out to KSP 1.10 (the Steam "betas" tab does not show 1.10 as an option.  I can either have 1.10.1 or 1.9.2 - nothing in between those two.)

This problem never happened before today's update.

As part of trying to clear out whatever the bug is, after each time, I used Steam's "Verify Integrity of Local Files" and it always finds a few that need re-downloading after the crash.  The file "PartDatabase.cfg" is *always* reported as needing a reload.  Sometimes it wants to reload other ones too, but that one is the consistent one that always differs.  I don't know if this is just a normal side effect of having played the game (maybe it always writes that file out each time the game runs) or related to the crash.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Am I alone?  I saved the last 4 Crash folders from Appdata/Squad/Kerbal Space Program if that would help.

I've gotten this when trying to do tylo assist. I think you have to lower the patched conics in options to only show one less , (if it says 6 do 5) I think it's the game running out of processing power to compute all the different changes in SOIs

9 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I infer that this means that every single mod is going to need to patch every single ModuleProceduralFairing in order to work in 1.10.1.  I guess it'll be a while before I move off of 1.9.1.

Nope

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Nope

That's reassuring.  From the doxygen page, it looked like the default for ModuleProceduralFairing.BaseModelTransformName defaulted to "Base", so I assumed that meant that configs that didn't include that field were going to use that default value, which was the problem with mods' procedural fairings in 1.10.0.

6 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

That's reassuring.  From the doxygen page, it looked like the default for ModuleProceduralFairing.BaseModelTransformName defaulted to "Base", so I assumed that meant that configs that didn't include that field were going to use that default value, which was the problem with mods' procedural fairings in 1.10.0.

ah k. it's not important if the mod doesn't have that transform. if it doesn't find one. then it does nothing with regard to variants and no longer NREs and breaks the module.

[edit] the new KSPField allows mods to use their own transform name for the base and apply variants to their mod fairing if they so wish.

19 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Ever since KSP 1.10.1 downloaded today I have gotten 6 crashes to desktop, all when trying to do the same thing (this is stock, no mods, but I do have both DLCs):

The crashes only ever happened when trying to drag one of the 6 'knobs' of a maneuver node. Usually (thought not 100% of the time) that maneuver node was made while currently in orbit of Sun, on the way to Jool, and trying to make a maneuver node on the Sun orbit patch that will adjust the future Tylo approach to do a gravity-assisted capture at Jool.  This is making it unplayable (as my career is currently in the middle of trying to do stuff at Jool so this Tylo assist is a common task.)  and I cannot back out to KSP 1.10 (the Steam "betas" tab does not show 1.10 as an option.  I can either have 1.10.1 or 1.9.2 - nothing in between those two.)

This problem never happened before today's update.

As part of trying to clear out whatever the bug is, after each time, I used Steam's "Verify Integrity of Local Files" and it always finds a few that need re-downloading after the crash.  The file "PartDatabase.cfg" is *always* reported as needing a reload.  Sometimes it wants to reload other ones too, but that one is the consistent one that always differs.  I don't know if this is just a normal side effect of having played the game (maybe it always writes that file out each time the game runs) or related to the crash.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Am I alone?  I saved the last 4 Crash folders from Appdata/Squad/Kerbal Space Program if that would help.

Maneuver nodes from outside the Jool system in the Jool system have caused crashes since 1.9 as far as I can tell. I jump updated from 1.8.1 to 1.10 and the Jool system consistently crashed when I left Kerbin's soi for a Jool transfer. I found a workaround which was to tweak my transfer in solar orbit and zoom out of the Jool system as soon as the frame dropped, then repeat until I got an encounter. I thought it was a 1.10 issue but learned it was 1.9 when @Matt Lowne mentioned it in one of his videos (which you could tell was close to the update because there were no visual mods.)

20 hours ago, catloaf said:

Maneuver nodes from outside the Jool system in the Jool system have caused crashes since 1.9 as far as I can tell. I jump updated from 1.8.1 to 1.10 and the Jool system consistently crashed when I left Kerbin's soi for a Jool transfer. I found a workaround which was to tweak my transfer in solar orbit and zoom out of the Jool system as soon as the frame dropped, then repeat until I got an encounter. I thought it was a 1.10 issue but learned it was 1.9 when @Matt Lowne mentioned it in one of his videos (which you could tell was close to the update because there were no visual mods.)

Hopefully this and the fuel transfer will be a 1.10.2 update then?

20 hours ago, catloaf said:

Strange, I have never had that issue. How many patched conics do you use? I only use 1 above default normally.

20 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Strange, I have never had that issue. How many patched conics do you use? I only use 1 above default normally.

Same, more draw limit makes it worse, but it could also be a ram problem. Sincs eve, scattere ks3p and the new Jool shader may be too much for my pc. But doubt this since @Matt Lowne had it in stock 1.9 and what he describes at ~ 5:10 is exactly what happened to me and @Steven Mading:

On 7/28/2020 at 6:28 PM, Souptime said:

Alright it workin now but is has an ominous check mark (I think thats what it is)

OK so it was because i didn't do that computer restart it asks you to do (Maybe i had to update my moms computer?)

13 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Standing by. 

I was going to say thanks for fixing the drag cubes on the engine plates, but in testing it just now I saw some funkiness in the decouplers' drag cubes. I wish I understood more about them, or the debug menu would have a "visualize drag cubes" function to see them.  I'm getting lots of drag behind decouplers where maybe there shouldn't be, but I haven't the time to really dig deep. Someone care to have a look?  Put some decouplers in your test stacks and turn on areo in the gui. 

7 hours ago, klesh said:

I was going to say thanks for fixing the drag cubes on the engine plates, but in testing it just now I saw some funkiness in the decouplers' drag cubes. I wish I understood more about them, or the debug menu would have a "visualize drag cubes" function to see them.  I'm getting lots of drag behind decouplers where maybe there shouldn't be, but I haven't the time to really dig deep. Someone care to have a look?  Put some decouplers in your test stacks and turn on areo in the gui. 

There is a small mod by @sarbian called DebugStuff which will display the transform colliders, sounds like exactly what you need