issue: My graphics Card overheats After 5 minutes or less of playing KSP

Mods: Luciole , ReentryParticleEffectRenewed

37 minutes ago, ryan59 said:

My pc specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo e7200 2.53GHz

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8490 1GB Vram

issue: My graphics Card overheats After 5 minutes or less of playing KSP

Mods: Luciole , ReentryParticleEffectRenewed

Oof boi, you would need a better setup for KSP, an Intel Core 2 duo e7200 2.53GHz  is VERY old, I think 2008?

And your Graphics card is also very weak, 1GB VRAM is barely enough, I recommend better Video card and if posible, a CPU upgrade.

Im sorry, but there is no way that that setup could do it in KSP.

1 hour ago, ryan59 said:

My graphics Card overheats After 5 minutes or less of playing KSP

Then the problem is that your graphics card cooler is not working properly.

For "This game overheats my <whatever>" support requests, the answer is always the same: Correctly functioning hardware should not overheat. Period. Regardless of what you try to play on it. It's not the game's fault if it does.

51 minutes ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

Im sorry, but there is no way that that setup could do it in KSP.

Well it does meet the minimum system requirements, just, so it should run. It's not going to make for a particularly good experience though.

Edited by steve_v

What version of KSP is this and do you have any other mods installed besides Luciole and RPER?

Check the following:

• Does the GPU overheat while running other games? If so then your GPU cooling isn’t working correctly/at all and you should check that first.
  • If it’s only KSP causing the problem, try turning the graphics settings down- aero FX, detailed textures and (especially) reflections and terrain scatters can all put more load on your GPU, so turn them down/off and it might help (plus removing scatters can boost the game’s performance more generally as each one has its own collider etc. that have to be simulated, requiring more processing and potentially slowing the game down.
  • Do you have the same issues when KSP is completely un-modded? If not you need to drop some graphics mods; if Luciole and RPER are all you have, drop the re-entry effects. Looks like you have a fairly old, or low spec, PC so you’ll probably need to turn some of the settings down anyway.

One option is to buy a better PC- your CPU is a 12 year old model and your GPU is a 10 year old model, so I don’t see much scope to upgrade your existing machine and I suspect its other components like RAM are similarly dated. There are options out there for most budgets and you might be surprised just how much you can get for your money; I know I was.

On 7/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, Commodoregamer118 said:

Oof boi, you would need a better setup for KSP,

KSP is very tolerant of older machines.   Let's not dash all hope of finding a solution without having to make a serious investment. 

The Issue isn't KSP vs a computer with these specs, the issue is how old the hardware is, and it seems to be failing to adequately cool itself.  KSP is not a GPU intensive game, it's mainly a CPU one.   KSP shouldn't be stressing your vcard more than it can handle, even one that old.   Get a can of air and blow out all the air ducts on the card and try to improve cooling. 

23 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

What version of KSP is this and do you have any other mods installed besides Luciole and RPER?

Check the following:

• Does the GPU overheat while running other games? If so then your GPU cooling isn’t working correctly/at all and you should check that first.
  • If it’s only KSP causing the problem, try turning the graphics settings down- aero FX, detailed textures and (especially) reflections and terrain scatters can all put more load on your GPU, so turn them down/off and it might help (plus removing scatters can boost the game’s performance more generally as each one has its own collider etc. that have to be simulated, requiring more processing and potentially slowing the game down.
  • Do you have the same issues when KSP is completely un-modded? If not you need to drop some graphics mods; if Luciole and RPER are all you have, drop the re-entry effects. Looks like you have a fairly old, or low spec, PC so you’ll probably need to turn some of the settings down anyway.

One option is to buy a better PC- your CPU is a 12 year old model and your GPU is a 10 year old model, so I don’t see much scope to upgrade your existing machine and I suspect its other components like RAM are similarly dated. There are options out there for most budgets and you might be surprised just how much you can get for your money; I know I was.

Thank you For The help i Reinstalled the game and it works Greatly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.