Any mod that help with UI scaling?

derega16

I just bought new laptop with 4K screen. I have a problem that some UI elements can't re scale like Icon on map view or UI of most of my mods. They are too tiny and barely useable. There is any mod that let me Rescale those things

I just bought a 32" 4K to replace a 27" 4K to help a bit.  I few weeks ago I found this mod that helps a little with built in game elements.

A few mods do have UI scaling built in (MechJeb, KER), but the majority don't and probably never will. It doesn't seem to be even on the radar for a lot of the modders. I don't know if you have any coding experience, but it isn't hard to adjust font sizes on a case by case basis if you can figure out how to recompile mods. I've done this locally for a few mods that bothered me enough that I had to find a fix. I'd push PRs, but what I've done is such quick and dirty hack job I wouldn't consider it suitable for distribution.  It does make updating more complicated. I have to check the source code to see what's new and fold what I want into my local version. 

Also check the last page of the KAC thread I found a bug that was a bad interaction with UI scaling that I did submit a PR to fix but it hasn't been integrated yet. 

4kSP is your best bet, but certain mods will still be a pain.

If that isn't enough, I would advise running in 1080p mode, as painful as that may be.  It's a straight integer scaling ratio from 4K, so it shouldn't look worse than 1080p uh...  normally does.

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.