[WIP] Valor Planet Pack 0.3 [Discontinued]

Just now, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Does Valor fit into Japris well?

Somewhat. Valor is a little close to Retuo's orbit, in real life it would be enough to knock Retuo and it's moons out of it's orbit. It would need to be moved much farther out.

3 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

Somewhat. Valor is a little close to Retuo's orbit, in real life it would be enough to knock Retuo and it's moons out of it's orbit. It would need to be moved much farther out.

Hmm.... I'll look into making a config for it once the core system is done.

2 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Hmm.... I'll look into making a config for it once the core system is done.

I guess you could just do something like

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Valor (or whatever your folder is named)]
{
	@Body[Valor]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			[change orbital parameters here]
		}
	}
}

Today I tried Valor out, was not dissappointed.

2020-11-02_1.png?width=400&height=225

2020-11-02.png?width=400&height=225

2020-11-02_2.png?width=400&height=225

Tho, when i tried to land, in both planets was a failure, Theta's veerrryyy thin atmosphere is not enough to land something with parachutes, but the still-existant lifting forces make impossible turning retrograde for a powered landing, so you need to plan everything correctly.

As with orton, I was excpecting something like the Mùn, I did my de-orbit burn and when I was at 15KM from the surface, and I was preparing my landing burn, I saw my speed was 2KM/s, Very high for a planet that size! There is not even a warning telling us that it's a Tylo rip-off!!

But so far, textures are great, the planets itself are not that useful snce it's hard to land in both of them, and there is basiclly nothing in both.

35 minutes ago, Commodore_32 said:

Very high for a planet that size!

Actally, not true. It's roughly the same size as Kerbin and 2km/s is normal for a planet that size. It's like Tylo. It wouldn't make much since if it were small, as it used to be a tropical paradise

38 minutes ago, Commodore_32 said:

There is not even a warning telling us that it's a Tylo rip-off!!

Yes there is. But there should be some kind of radius in the OP so we know before we download.

37 minutes ago, Commodore_32 said:

Theta's veerrryyy thin

I agree. It's atmosphere should be much thicker. Theta looks a little odd because it looks like a hot desert so far away from Kerbin. It's possible for something like that to occur, but to the average person it looks strange.

53 minutes ago, Commodore_32 said:

the planets itself are not that useful snce it's hard to land in both of them, and there is basiclly nothing in both.

Plenty of OreTM  coming soon to a Moon near you!

7 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

but to the average person it looks strange.

It is strange. :wink:

56 minutes ago, Commodore_32 said:

Tho, when i tried to land, in both planets was a failure, Theta's veerrryyy thin atmosphere is not enough to land something with parachutes, but the still-existant lifting forces make impossible turning retrograde for a powered landing, so you need to plan everything correctly.

It's supposed to be a challenge. For the  OreTM  that is coming soon. Both Theta and Orton will have tons of resources.

Also, @Commodore_32, could I use some of your screenshots? I will give credit.

So, I know this mod isn't even half done yet. But I've been throwing around an idea of a config that makes Theta the home planet. It'll probably be a good challenge, with the really thin but annoying atmosphere with just a tiny amount of oxygen. Would anyone be interested in this coming to fruition, maybe?

@Misguided KerbalI would personally prefer it if the system layout stayed the way it is, I like Kerbin as the homeworld.
But, you do you. :)

EDIT: I didn't read the "config" part. It would definitely be interesting if you could do so. As long as the base version of the mod remains the same, I'm on board.

Edited by Maple Kerman

Just now, DunaManiac said:

I think @Misguided Kerbal meant it as an optional config. It would be a fun idea though for a challenge.

1 minute ago, Maple Kerman said:

@Misguided KerbalI would personally prefer it if the system layout stayed the way it is, I like Kerbin as the homeworld.
But, you do you. :)

Yes, I was thinking of it as an optional config, sort of like the mods "Laythe Space Program"

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Maple Kerman said:

@Misguided KerbalMakes sense. Hopefully you'll be able to find some time to work on this again.

Emphasis on Hopefully. 

Spoiler

Tomorrow sounds like a good day...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

A kipper is a whole herring, a small, oily fish, that has been split in a butterfly fashion from tail to head along the dorsal ridge, gutted, salted or pickled, and cold-smoked over smouldering woodchips. In Britain, Ireland and some regions of North America, kippers are most commonly consumed for breakfast.

Spoiler

:sticktongue:

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

It should work fine on all versions above 1.8.1! It's just that I had to put a version number for it, and I'm running 1.9.1.

Please elaborate the full steps, maybe I forgot something, etc.

Because I have Kopernicus (wait... I THINK ITS KOPERNICUS! I FORGOT KOPERNICUS)

Edited by Helvica_Ring_Scientist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.