KSP2 Show and Tell video

1 minute ago, Kaerbanogue said:

Whoaooa so much to see in this video ! 1:57 of pure awesomeness. Can't wait for Scott, Matt and Shadowzone analysis

Yeah, to bad it takes them a week to talk about this news, by then we will be moving on to the next thing. 

NEXT FRIDDDAAAAYYYYY!!

So here is my quickly-written list of everything we saw, in order:

1. Simple shiny rocket with some Planetshine-type thing implemented

2. Acceleration-based animations

3. A Duna colony featuring both new modules and advanced terrain

4. Eeloo being lit from Kerbol on one side and some faint light source on the other

5. A yawning animation

6. How rings seem to be made of particles similar to how terrain scatter (trees etc) are generated

7. A planet rotating the wrong way compared to it's rings

8. Explosion

9. Orion drive below a ring system

10. Some kind of cutscene/tutorial animation

11. A Kerbal doing a Fortnite dance

12. A planet that's had a huge chunk blown out of it, the crater of which is now a body of water

13. A base on what I think is Minmus

14. Lots of Kerbal animations

15. A cratered half-flooded planet

16. A greenish spacecraft with a combination of new and retextured parts

17. My reaction after watching point 11

18. The day-night cycle

19. Another Kerbal dancing

20. The space station from the first KSP2 trailer

21. A good-looking asteroid

22. A new icy world I don't recognise at all

23. An icy world with a mountain range along it's equator

24. An orion-drive spaceship that's either in time warp or going ridiculously fast

25.My reaction after seeing [I'm too lazy to come up with a punchline for this one]

26. More explosions

3 minutes ago, ChrisSpace said:

So here is my quickly-written list of everything we saw, in order:

1. Simple shiny rocket with some Planetshine-type thing implemented

2. Acceleration-based animations

3. A Duna colony featuring both new modules and advanced terrain

4. Eeloo being lit from Kerbol on one side and some faint light source on the other

5. A yawning animation

6. How rings seem to be made of particles similar to how terrain scatter (trees etc) are generated

7. A planet rotating the wrong way compared to it's rings

8. Explosion

9. Orion drive below a ring system

10. Some kind of cutscene/tutorial animation

11. A Kerbal doing a Fortnite dance

12. A planet that's had a huge chunk blown out of it, the crater of which is now a body of water

13. A base on what I think is Minmus

14. Lots of Kerbal animations

15. A cratered half-flooded planet

16. A greenish spacecraft with a combination of new and retextured parts

17. My reaction after watching point 11

18. The day-night cycle

19. Another Kerbal dancing

20. The space station from the first KSP2 trailer

21. A good-looking asteroid

22. A new icy world I don't recognise at all

23. An icy world with a mountain range along it's equator

24. An orion-drive spaceship that's either in time warp or going ridiculously fast

25.My reaction after seeing [I'm too lazy to come up with a punchline for this one]

26. More explosions

Wonder what that first icy planet was. Why show it with kerbol planets if it isn't a new edition. I know they aren't changing the system, but it is strange. Also the mun looks underwhelming.

50 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Wonder what that first icy planet was.

First icy planet is Minmus, you can cross reference with the "Work from Home" developer update. 

Second icy planet happens to be Dres, which recently was shown off on these forums.

That planet with the ‘crater’ looks like it’s tidally locked, liquid water on the sunward side (or maybe liquid lava and the water is just for show). The ice world is Eeloo, the oceanic world is most likely Laythe, the rocky world with he equatorial ridge is Dres and the other ice world is something new entirely. I think there was a Gilly in there too.

KSC preview in there too, with a gigantic tracking dish and a very nice looking launch pad. I also see a glowing blue rocket on said launch pad, but it’s unclear whether that’s because of pad lights, rocket lights/neon effect (neon lights make rockets 300% better) or something rather radioactive.

But most importantly, a whole lot of Kerbal animations (including some dad dancing). What’s not to like?

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

22 minutes ago, prestja said:

First icy planet is Minmus, you can cross reference with the "Work from Home" developer update. 

If that is minmus then they totaly revamped it. Were are the mountains. Why are their so many craters. Just saying it looks too different for my taste.

15 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

If that is minmus then they totaly revamped it. Were are the mountains. Why are their so many craters. Just saying it looks too different for my taste.

It almost has to be minimus due to the flats. I think the restyle is excellent, and was badly needed. The original looked absolutely silly.

On another note: Did anyone see something in the bottom of the "eye planet" crater lake? Kracken???

3 hours ago, ChrisSpace said:

A Kerbal doing a Fortnite dance

Not sure, could also just be a silly walking animation. Maybe for moonwalking backwards walking in a low-gravity environment?

Edited by Delay