Friday Funday

Hello all,

It's Friday, the day that our team does an internal show and tell to see all the best stuff everybody's been working on. We thought it would be cool to share some show and tell highlights with you all (there are definitely a few big reveals in this footage). We showed a version of this footage at PAX East in the Before Times, but there are some new shots mixed in here for people who may have caught that presentation. 

Hope you like it!

3 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Quick note about that shot of Ovin doing a backflip: yes, axial tilt will be a thing. No, that's not how Ovin rotates. That's just us showing off the nice ring shadows in a test scene. 

Ah taking Ovin out for a spin. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by prestja

Amazing showcase! Really really loving the tutorial animations, the planets, the KSC, the awesome kerbal animations and the asteroid-full rings!

I also made a small collage of (Oceanic world with lots of craters).
The only problem I have is with this very planet, which in my opinion, it has too many craters and very little erosion due to the amount of water around.
If it's a moon, maybe it could have one hemisphere full of craters and the other have more eroded coasts (Or maybe it already does :o)

But anyhow, amazing work you fellas are pulling out!

45 minutes ago, Raven Industries said:

Those Kerbals are adorable. Now it's going to be even harder to put them into near-deathtraps in the name of science. 

Now, if the Kerbals could react emotionally to what the other Kerbals are doing (dying, giving birth, etc) that'd be brilliant and would add more fun to crashing massive structures with Kerbals on either side.

Edited by Bej Kerman

2 hours ago, prestja said:

Trying to figure out what the massive domes at 1:10 are for.

I'm guessing at least one of them is a habitat.  Kerbals gotta live somewhere.

I've seen a kerbal doing the Roger Rabbit*.  Thanks for that.

*The lack of backward motion confused me at first, thinking it may have been the Running Man.  Jeez, I'm old.

Edited by Soda Popinski

1 hour ago, Pkmniako said:

I also made a small collage of (Oceanic world with lots of craters).
The only problem I have is with this very planet, which in my opinion, it has too many craters and very little erosion due to the amount of water around.
If it's a moon, maybe it could have one hemisphere full of craters and the other have more eroded coasts (Or maybe it already does :o)

It has a definite resemblance to Laythe, and the planets are getting extensive reworks.

If the craters are fresh, its fine, they did say that they wanted to portray some young systems

3 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:
11 minutes ago, Delay said:

@Nate Simpson How many times did Tom already pull of this "FRIDAAAAY!!!!" shtick?

You seemed awfully prepared...

Every week. I just had my ears re-blown out by Tom 20 minutes ago at this morning's standup.

Best come prepared next time and bring earmuffs.

43 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

nK5cjdL.png

I still feel like I'm being watched.

Does this crater reach it's parents core? if yes, we could make accurate mesaurments of the core and take surface samples from it, which whould be cool/would bring many sience points

also death star/mimas?!

Edited by Starhelperdude
additional content

6 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

Does this crater reach it's parents core? if yes, we could make accurate mesaurments of the core and take surface samples from it, which whould be cool/would bring many sience points

I don't think that is possible, gravity smooths out large imperfections like that on its own. For example, mountains can't get much larger than Everest before they crush themselves with their own weight. In this case the interior of the planet would push the depression out until the surface was sufficiently smooth.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

1 minute ago, Minmus Taster said:

Will we get to know the names of some other planets before there debut i really want to know the name of this planet (I'm going to call it "Lark" for now:)):

nK5cjdL.png

Lark sound legit for a planet name :D