Friday Funday

Just now, SOXBLOX said:

Sauron says he likes it! It's an eyeball world! Is it actually tidally locked to its star? 

I don't know/No, because  It could mean that, but then the whole side facing to the star whould be melted and secondly there should be Ice. Probably just a big crater

1 hour ago, Nate Simpson said:

Every week. I just had my ears re-blown out by Tom 20 minutes ago at this morning's standup.

How does it function as a coffee substitute?

I mean, you gotta be wide awake after that!

Edited by Delay

4 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

Quick note about that shot of Ovin doing a backflip: yes, axial tilt will be a thing. No, that's not how Ovin rotates. That's just us showing off the nice ring shadows in a test scene. 

One more thing about those wonderful rings. Will the particles/asteroids in that ring have a hitbox or will they be just decoration like the trees and rocks in KSP1 and the vehicle will pass through them? Could you bring some of those back home?

Just now, ShadowZone said:

One more thing about those wonderful rings. Will the particles/asteroids in that ring have a hitbox or will they be just decoration like the trees and rocks in KSP1 and the vehicle will pass through them? Could you bring some of those back home?

I'm hoping collidable as that could make some orbits tricky/hazardous and Nate has been telling us they want to make landing on each planet its own puzzle

17 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Okay now that I got through it again..

Minmus? Looks like it, with minty colors and flat...flats.

And that is one hell of a launchpad

By the way, I noticed that the Minmus picture you showed has blue lighting on the night side. I was thinking, this possibly could be another star?

5 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

Hello all,

It's Friday, the day that our team does an internal show and tell to see all the best stuff everybody's been working on. We thought it would be cool to share some show and tell highlights with you all (there are definitely a few big reveals in this footage). We showed a version of this footage at PAX East in the Before Times, but there are some new shots mixed in here for people who may have caught that presentation. 

Hope you like it!

You know this is the team to do this game since they are so excited to do it. I'm glad it's these people who are making the sequel since thier enthusiasm is clearly shown. That's what makes the game good. The people behind it dedicated to the franchise. Stay tuned for breakdown :D

2 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

By the way, I noticed that the Minmus picture you showed has blue lighting on the night side. I was thinking, this possibly could be another star?

I didn't catch this. There's a decent chance it is planetshine from Kerbin. But also in the video, what appears to be Eeloo has this same blue lighting on the night side.... So it could be a second star. Seems like it'd have to be awful close to Kerbol to shine that much. My last guess is that it's just lighting they're using in the pre-alpha for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

5 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I didn't catch this. There's a decent chance it is planetshine from Kerbin. But also in the video, what appears to be Eeloo has this same blue lighting on the night side.... So it could be a second star. Seems like it'd have to be awful close to Kerbol to shine that much. My last guess is that it's just lighting they're using in the pre-alpha for whatever reason.

I think it's just a 2nd light source that isn't actually a physical object.

16 minutes ago, Barel said:

so many cool looking planets to crash my kerbals into ;)

Especially Ovin, which I didn't realize until now how hard it must be. I am still trying to get off Eve!

4 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

image-8.png?w=1024

KSP 2 Friday Funday Breakdown

https://kerbalanders.wordpress.com/2020/07/31/kerbal-space-program-2-show-and-tell-breakdown/

And as always we are happy the KSP 2 developers are safe!

Little correction to when you said the devs were some of the best on the planet.., I think it’s fitting for them to be the best in the universe if we’re going big!

(nice breakdown as well)

Edited by FrozenFirework

I think @Nate Simpson might like this

ksp-2-planet-vector.png?w=1024

As you see in the lower right corner it's pretty well vectorize. But it took a very long time for that corner, so I went sloppy for the rest of it. But in a background of something that's not white it looks really good.

I'm thinking about doing it for all the other planets but oh my gosh does it take forever...

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

Not sure which time point in question, but I think planet shine has already been confirmed, and minmus should have a nice blue kerbin illuminating its night side at times

12 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

I don't know/No, because  It could mean that, but then the whole side facing to the star whould be melted and secondly there should be Ice. Probably just a big crater

Not necessarily melted (the rock too? Liquid water is melted) at the side facing the star.

But it has polar ice caps, so that wouldn't happen if it was tidally locked.

Glad to hear the ksp2 dev team is staying safe! 

Gotta say, the new ksc-I’m digging it! And those planets-just so stinkin amazing. 

Hey, at least we know that 2021 is going to be much better then 2020....mostly due to ksp2 being released :wink: