Puf KSP 2 planet discussion thread (Name "The eyeball planet" from KSP2 "LARK")

25 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I am still trying to find that too. While I do trust @ShadowZone's word, I would like to have an official confirmation or for Shadow Zone to explain where he got the name.

In all honesty ShadowZone has contacts with the developers so I think if he says the name is Puf than it's Puf.

I couldn't tell in the video if he was joking, but I think he is telling the truth.

2 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I couldn't tell in the video if he was joking, but I think he is telling the truth.

I had a hard time to because the “Hi my name is Puf” threw me off the first time

Perhaps it's called Puf because it's undense, either has very little metal, or the rock it's made of is less dense than Kerbin's. I would go with the second since undense rock could only exist in the crust (I think) and the crust doesn't make up a very meaningful portion of a players mass.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:51 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I am still trying to find that too. While I do trust @ShadowZone's word, I would like to have an official confirmation or for Shadow Zone to explain where he got the name.

In all honesty ShadowZone has contacts with the developers so I think if he says the name is Puf than it's Puf.

I can only relay the information I have received, and that was that it is a planet and it is named "Puf".

The name is also supposedly a hint about the planet's character.
But I have no clue as to what that should mean. Potentially a lack of language or cultural knowledge on my part.

35 minutes ago, ShadowZone said:

I can only relay the information I have received, and that was that it is a planet and it is named "Puf".

But I have no clue as to what that should mean. Potentially a lack of language or cultural knowledge on my part.

Perhaps low density?

Edited by catloaf

2 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

That's the intriguing part isn't it. When I hear puff I think of a quiet explosion. It might refer to the big crater's past. After all, it was a silent boom. It go puff. I think that's why the named it Puf.

Possibly it's like a creme puf. A thin, low density crust with a mostly liquid core. 

This planet really gives justification for some stock sub parts. I would want to know if its a huge crater or a huge floating land mass on a disguised water world.

6 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

But I have no clue as to what that should mean.

Possibilities:

• You can mine monoprop there, for the Puff engine.
  • Thar be (magic) dragons.
  • It consists entirely of Poly-Urethene Foam

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Possibly it's like a creme puf. A thin, low density crust with a mostly liquid core. 

This planet really gives justification for some stock sub parts. I would want to know if its a huge crater or a huge floating land mass on a disguised water world.

And I want a cream puff now. And some sub parts as well. Which would I rather have though... Hard to decide.

Edited by Qubyte

18 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

Maybe volcanism :)

I just realized that starkiller looks like Puf:

I modeled and composited the Starkiller Base from Star Wars: The ...nK5cjdL.png

I wonder if this lake will boil sometimes and can explode.

Interestingly I then wondered of if the lake is freshwater or saltwater. I assume it's saltwater since I don't see any rivers, but then I realized where's the rivers? So how does water stay only in that lake/ocean and not on other surfaces?

On 8/6/2020 at 5:31 AM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

That's the intriguing part isn't it. When I hear puff I think of a quiet explosion. It might refer to the big crater's past. After all, it was a silent boom. It go puff. I think that's why the named it Puf.

I think that maybe the lake at the top was made by that explosion?

On 8/6/2020 at 9:41 AM, Superfluous J said:

Possibilities:

• You can mine monoprop there, for the Puff engine.
  • Thar be (magic) dragons.
  • It consists entirely of Poly-Urethene Foam

I'm tempted to start singing the song from puff the magic dragon now... despite having not sung it in year!

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 11:50 AM, Minmus Taster said:

So today i watched the KSP2 show & tell video and i loved it but one thing that seems to get me interested (And hopefully some of you) Was the eyeball planet it just looks so amazing!nK5cjdL.pngI began to think of an unofficial name for it and the name "Lark" sprang into my mind but then why stop there?

I suggest that the Dev's of ksp2 call this planet "Lark" and i have even got a description for it:

"Not much has been learned about this strange world since it was discovered, most scientists are "To creeped out" too extensively peer at i through a large telescope."

"While many criticise these particular scientists for "Being a bunch of scaredy cats" it can sometimes be hard to argue with their assessment while you stare at it through a telescope and it appears to be looking back..."

Let me know what you think about it in the comments!

Screencaps from PAX East 2020 - KSP 2 Discussion - Kerbal Space ...

Wait. Is it me or do I see litttle red and orange marks on puff.