Threads of the Month August 2020

Gargamel

JP6wEEt.png?1

THREADS OF THE MONTH

August 2020

It's that time of the month again!   We gather to recognize the great works our community has created, either with their initial post or the subsequent discussion that arises.   This month we take a look at an overly detailed airliner, a mod that adds some wiggle to your craft, a melancholy retrospective, the visualization of one of the forum's great works, and how to use ISRU for fun and profit.

Who says noodle rockets are bad?  Well, we all kind of do, but what if only a few parts of your rocket had a little jiggle and wiggle?  Well, @Icecovery thinks adding a little wobble to rocket parts is a good idea, and we tend to agree.  It adds some realistic motion to parts that should shimmy a little bit. 

Next.... well next is a doozy.   Whoa boy.   We've seen some detailed and intricate models done with stock KSP before, but we think this one takes it to a whole other level.  This B737 replica by @Maxorin is absolutely bonkers in it's level of detail. 

And now a somber note.  @StrandedonEarth started this thread a while ago to commemorate those who have passed, and has done a great job of maintaining the title changes as events occur.   We salute you in your dedication to the thread, and may those mentioned within rest in peace.

Step 1:  Build a Munar Base.  Step 2: ????  Step 3: Profit.   Actually we know what step 2 is.    And it's got a whole lot of smaller steps within it, as @katateochi shows us in their attempts to fund their space program by exploiting distant worlds. 

And it seems a year cannot pass without some mention of this work in a TOTM post.   @Oraldo revak has yet again produced a stunning cinematic, this time adapting @Just Jim's fantastic saga "Emiko Station".  We cannot wait for future episodes to come out.

We congratulate all the winners of this month's Thread of the Month Award!  Feel free to add the badge at the top of this post to your signature and to your thread.  We would also like to thank the members who have nominated threads for consideration: @Servo, @dnbattley, @Misguided_Kerbal, @JorgeCS, @GuessingEveryDay, and @Lo var Lachland.   Without your nominations, we might miss some really great threads.   Just use that report button, and tell us that you'd like to nominate that thread for TOTM.  

And as always, thanks to @adsii1970 for the badges!

See you guys next month!

JP6wEEt.png?1

17 hours ago, Gargamel said:

And it seems a year cannot pass without some mention of this work in a TOTM post.   @Oraldo revak has yet again produced a stunning cinematic, this time adapting @Just Jim's fantastic saga "Emiko Station".  We cannot wait for future episodes to come out.

Congrats to everyone, but I can't deny... I am so glad to see this!!! 

Not because I wrote it, not this time... that has little to do with this. I'm glad because @Oraldo revak did an AMAZING job adapting it into a movie!!!  Seriously, even if you haven't read the saga, you should check out at least the first couple chapters in the movie. Or some of Oraldo's other movies on Youtube. There's a really awesome (kinda dark and spooky) series called Mohole, and a movie about Jeb, and another about Eve. I was already a big fan of the Mohole series when he approached me about doing Emiko Station... I knew he was the perfect person to try and tackle it. And the result was far above and beyond my wildest expectations. I am super excited to see the second installment... (yes, there are going to be more)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.