RAJ JAR

Bring back Star Trek: Enterprise

Do you want Star Trek: Enterprise back?  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you want Star Trek: Enterprise back?

    • Yes (Please sign the petition)
      3
    • No (If you want, please explain why)
      5
    • Maybe (If you want, please explain why)
      2
    • Other (If you want, please explain why)
      1


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

It has been over 15 years since Star Trek: Enterprise ended. There is still a lot of stories to show and character development. If they cannot continue it as a live action series the other option, I think would be best would be an animation series. Also, maybe include a movie or 2 and possibly a sequel-prequel series, which tells the story of the early years of the Federation. I think, this series should be called Star Trek: Federation or Star Trek: Rise of the Federation or Star Trek: The Rise of the Federation or Star Trek: Beginnings or Star Trek: Beginning of the Federation. They can also introduce an anthology series.

Star Trek: Enterprise was cancelled early. Season 4 showed the series was getting better and season 5 was already planned and had many amazing stories and changes to show. Hopefully, there would be more seasons after season 5. Streaming services would be a great place to bring back this show, which has great potential to become one of the best science-fiction shows. If they do decide to bring back Star Trek: Enterprise as a series, it should continue after the episode Terra Prime. They could do the seasons with a smaller number of episodes for example 10-15 episodes per season and only extend the number of episodes if it is relevant to the story.

Star Trek: Picard has shown it is possible to bring back legacy actors and characters for more stories and character development in the Star Trek universe.

If people seriously want Star Trek: Enterprise back, this petition is one way to show ViacomCBS, TV and movie streaming services that we want it to continue and have a proper ending. It is free to sign. Let's show them. Strength in numbers. Also, please share this petition and tell others.

Here is the website: https://www.change.org/p/cbs-bring-star-trek-enterprise-back-with-season-5-on-netflix?fbclid=IwAR3NM728djTxGH-A0BJ0QhSJYo8_8TsjtwB7gJT1Ekv6qi76k-UtzBfKvC4 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enterprise was the worst of the Trek series. They promised us novelty because the timeline was being reset, and then they proceeded to bring back every same old race all the other Trek series had encountered, even though it made ZERO sense geographically. Also, take any Enterprise script, replace the character names, and substitute the words "deflector shields" for "polarized hull plating," and you have a script that could be used for every other Trek series. 

Then there's that ep where they encounter Ferengi (200+ years before they should have been anywhere near each other) who take over the Enterprise, and after he gets control again, Archer lets them go in the interests of interstellar relations, or some such. A military officer loses his command to pirates, and frees them to prey on other unsuspecting travelers?  The idiot should have been court martialed for incompetence, and that's when I stopped watching the show. 

But worst of all? The thing that made me REALLY hate Enterprise? Was the way they took the Vulcans, that most dignified and honorable of all races, and turned them into petulant liars and schemers. That is just unforgivable. 

So. Um. Yeah. I vote no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Wow xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Enterprise was the worst of the Trek series. They promised us novelty because the timeline was being reset, and then they proceeded to bring back every same old race all the other Trek series had encountered, even though it made ZERO sense geographically. Also, take any Enterprise script, replace the character names, and substitute the words "deflector shields" for "polarized hull plating," and you have a script that could be used for every other Trek series. 

Then there's that ep where they encounter Ferengi (200+ years before they should have been anywhere near each other) who take over the Enterprise, and after he gets control again, Archer lets them go in the interests of interstellar relations, or some such. A military officer loses his command to pirates, and frees them to prey on other unsuspecting travelers?  The idiot should have been court martialed for incompetence, and that's when I stopped watching the show. 

But worst of all? The thing that made me REALLY hate Enterprise? Was the way they took the Vulcans, that most dignified and honorable of all races, and turned them into petulant liars and schemers. That is just unforgivable. 

So. Um. Yeah. I vote no. 

yea i kind of expected a lower tech star trek than what we ended up getting. it didn't really have that many memorable episodes either. i think we should let enterprise rest.

the only memorable characters either had a couple redeeming attributes or was a dog. currently in the middle of a voyager binge and its better than i remember it, though still not as good as deep space nine due to a lot of weak, poorly developed characters. bad characters has been an issue with star trek ever since then. we need to gather all the writers and actors into a theater and make them watch babylon 5, deep space nine, firefly, and several others all clockwork orange style. maybe that would inspire them to write/portray better characters. pike trek might fix that though, as everyone seems to like pike and number one, and spock. provided they have a semi descent secondary cast it will work. 

with 2 animated series, and pike trek in the pipe, in addition to picard and discovery, i think they might be overdoing it. right now star trek is just something i watch while i wait for the next season of the expanse.

if i was going to do another prequel series, i think i would want to do a series immediately following first contact. something involving long duration voyages, with lots of tequila and rock'n'roll involved. a ragtag crew brought up in the aftermath of ww3, perhaps zephrim cochrane's first voyage to another star while earth undergoes a period of reconstruction. take away most of the space magic, no transporters, phase cannons, polarized hull plating or inertial dampeners. crudely built ships limited to warp 1 or 2, weapons possibly limited to nukes, slug throwers or lasers. maybe stick some pilfered borg or federation tech in there to make things interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Enterprise was the worst of the Trek series. They promised us novelty because the timeline was being reset, and then they proceeded to bring back every same old race all the other Trek series had encountered, even though it made ZERO sense geographically. Also, take any Enterprise script, replace the character names, and substitute the words "deflector shields" for "polarized hull plating," and you have a script that could be used for every other Trek series. 

Then there's that ep where they encounter Ferengi (200+ years before they should have been anywhere near each other) who take over the Enterprise, and after he gets control again, Archer lets them go in the interests of interstellar relations, or some such. A military officer loses his command to pirates, and frees them to prey on other unsuspecting travelers?  The idiot should have been court martialed for incompetence, and that's when I stopped watching the show. 

But worst of all? The thing that made me REALLY hate Enterprise? Was the way they took the Vulcans, that most dignified and honorable of all races, and turned them into petulant liars and schemers. That is just unforgivable. 

So. Um. Yeah. I vote no. 

How was it the worst Star Trek series?

Who promised? There has been no information about resetting the timeline, as far as I know.

They have not brought back every same race from previous Star Trek series. That is an exaggeration.

You do realise in the series shielding technology has not been invented by Starfleet-pre Federation. There is no canon information on when they were invented so no problem there.

Humans meeting Ferengi early. So what. Not alot of information was given about them in that episode.

You do realise they was Humanity's first warp 5 ship. Captain Archer and some of the crew has not had a lot of experience going out into the unknown. That was the whole point of the series. Sure, they were going to make mistakes.

As for the Vulcans of the 22nd Century, they just lost there way and Captain Archer helped find there way to becoming the Vulcans we already are familiar with in the 23rd and 24th Centuries. That is 100-200 years difference. Plenty of time for them to change. 

I think, you are taking this too far with the negetivity. All the other series had problems too from the beginning, then from season 3-4 got better. 

Edited by RAJ JAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Nuke said:

yea i kind of expected a lower tech star trek than what we ended up getting. it didn't really have that many memorable episodes either. i think we should let enterprise rest.

the only memorable characters either had a couple redeeming attributes or was a dog. currently in the middle of a voyager binge and its better than i remember it, though still not as good as deep space nine due to a lot of weak, poorly developed characters. bad characters has been an issue with star trek ever since then. we need to gather all the writers and actors into a theater and make them watch babylon 5, deep space nine, firefly, and several others all clockwork orange style. maybe that would inspire them to write/portray better characters. pike trek might fix that though, as everyone seems to like pike and number one, and spock. provided they have a semi descent secondary cast it will work. 

with 2 animated series, and pike trek in the pipe, in addition to picard and discovery, i think they might be overdoing it. right now star trek is just something i watch while i wait for the next season of the expanse.

if i was going to do another prequel series, i think i would want to do a series immediately following first contact. something involving long duration voyages, with lots of tequila and rock'n'roll involved. a ragtag crew brought up in the aftermath of ww3, perhaps zephrim cochrane's first voyage to another star while earth undergoes a period of reconstruction. take away most of the space magic, no transporters, phase cannons, polarized hull plating or inertial dampeners. crudely built ships limited to warp 1 or 2, weapons possibly limited to nukes, slug throwers or lasers. maybe stick some pilfered borg or federation tech in there to make things interesting. 

Have you watched all the seasons of Star Trek: Enterprise?

It is lower tech compared to the other series but it is still the technology is still more advanced than what is around in today's modern era.

Star Trek is, mostly, about a positive future for Humanity. It is not supposed to be a series about living in a dystopian era. Sure, they may sure that for a short time or for a season or 2 but it always circles back to the positivity. 

 

881 people have signed the petition. Come on Star Trek fans, lets see we can reach 900 signatures and then 1,000+. Star Trek: Picard has shown it is possible to bring back legacy actors and characters for more stories and more character development. Why not with Star Trek: Enterprise? #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise.

Here is an article on Trek Movie. It is an interview with Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather) about Star Trek: Enterprise, https://trekmovie.com/2020/07/31/in...pnJcV5X_cEF2FooUlYAkm2lyEZnog2b8JsQodMW6_ngOQ .

Edited by RAJ JAR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Who promised? There has been no information about resetting the timeline, as far as I know. 

Publicity before the show premiered. 

Quote

That is an exaggeration. 

Not by much. Enough that there was little novelty to be found. Didn't they even tangle with the Borg? Who were so far away that the only reason Next Gen met them 200 years later was because Q zipped them 7000 light years and back? Similarly, the Ferengi were supposed to be so far away that Next Gen had only heard of them by rumor at first encounter, but here they are poking around in Earth's front yard. This is like having the Olmecs stroll into Sumeria one day. 

I don't get your point about the Vulcans. Are you suggesting that they almost killed themselves off, adopted logic and saved their race, then got all petulant and snitty again, then turned honorable again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Not by much. Enough that there was little novelty to be found. Didn't they even tangle with the Borg? Who were so far away that the only reason Next Gen met them 200 years later was because Q zipped them 7000 light years and back? Similarly, the Ferengi were supposed to be so far away that Next Gen had only heard of them by rumor at first encounter, but here they are poking around in Earth's front yard. This is like having the Olmecs stroll into Sumeria one day. 

I think you're willfully ignoring the problems the other shows had. TNG's early days were pretty bad too, but it got better. 

Funnily enough, the Borg thing actually made sense. They were remnants from the Borg attack during First Contact (that is, the movie). And it was pretty clear that the Enterprise crew and Earth never really learned anything about the Borg - it was just an event that happened. Not to mention that the Borg were in Federation space long before Q yeeted the Enterprise to that cube - the destruction of many outposts along the Romulan Neutral Zone was later revealed to be the work of the Borg. This was in TNG.

And the Borg were aware of the Ferengi seemingly before they were aware of humanity (assuming their species designations are sequential) - so I'm not really surprised at them showing up. 

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

yea i kind of expected a lower tech star trek than what we ended up getting. it didn't really have that many memorable episodes either. i think we should let enterprise rest.

I can think of a few memorable episodes. The pilot, the first Xindi attack, the alternate timeline where the Xindi destroyed Earth, the episode about Vulcans on Earth in the 1950s, the one about Archer breaking the warp barrier with his friend, the mirror universe episode (with the Defiant from TOS!!!), the alternate WWII episodes, the Borg episode, the one where T'Pol goes crazy, the freighter episodes, the Romulan episode, the second to last episode, and the series finale. 

It probably is best to let Enterprise rest - I prefer sequels to prequels anyways. But I think it is better than it gets credit for. I think there's a safe argument that it's not as good as other Trek shows, that's fair. But I think it was mostly better than, say, early TNG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I think you're willfully ignoring the problems the other shows had. 

Not at all. But the subject at hand is whether this one should be revived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RAJ JAR said:

Have you watched all the seasons of Star Trek: Enterprise?

It is lower tech compared to the other series but it is still the technology is still more advanced than what is around in today's modern era.

Star Trek is, mostly, about a positive future for Humanity. It is not supposed to be a series about living in a dystopian era. Sure, they may sure that for a short time or for a season or 2 but it always circles back to the positivity. 

 

881 people have signed the petition. Come on Star Trek fans, lets see we can reach 900 signatures and then 1,000+. Star Trek: Picard has shown it is possible to bring back legacy actors and characters for more stories and more character development. Why not with Star Trek: Enterprise? #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise.

Here is an article on Trek Movie. It is an interview with Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather) about Star Trek: Enterprise, https://trekmovie.com/2020/07/31/in...pnJcV5X_cEF2FooUlYAkm2lyEZnog2b8JsQodMW6_ngOQ .

i do believe ive seen all the trek that can be watched, used to be a huge trekkie in my teens. its more a matter of when, like i hadn't seen ds9 and voyager since their original runs, and last time i watched enterprise was when it was being run on the sci-fi (not syfy) channel. i think i watched through enterprise at least twice. over the past couple years ive been re-binging old trek, i did tas, tos, ds9, and currently doing voyager (currently towards the end of season 4). i might do enterprise next as its only 4 seasons and i also want to go through tng again despite having watched it to death many times.

i dont think its as low tech as i was expecting. they had lower tech versions of the same stuff more or less.

i like that the show is about an optimistic future, but id like to explore how that came about, rather than just have it handwaved into existence for us. first contact and everything changed over night has never been a very good explanation. i want to see the journey from dystopian to utopian. enterprise seems to take off at the end of that story. anything happening between ent and tos has been filled in (all be it poorly) by discovery, as well as strange new worlds going to fill in some more of that gap.

Edited by Nuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Enterprise was the worst of the Trek series.

 

Wow Vanamonde! You usually go out of your way to be kind and polite.

No pity for this series eh LOL?

For what it's worth, I think they screwed it up.

I don't know how they can produce shows with equally interesting characters and plots like DS9 but screw up royally here.

I blame it on greed... since the pilot episode was lackluster due to the use of a certain character as little more than an emotionless object of male gratification. If directors thought the lure of libido was the way to lure potential fans, they were wrong. Fans like that will come but won't stay, as there are so many other options for that.

 

 

Honestly I think Trek animation is a better choice, but it should be taken seriously.

Like if they merely used STO graphics and improved the character models a bit for realism along with voice acting... people would watch!

Above all... special effects would be so much cheaper!

We could do a lot of zero gravity scenes that we normally do not see in live action TV.

Actually... that's how they should have done Enterprise.

NASA... with warp drive. No shields, phasers, or photon torpedos. No artificial gravity either.

Just pure space exploration and human cleverness and ingenuity being the only thing that saves them... with a Vulcan 'told you so' rescue every now and then.

Edited by Spacescifi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vanamonde good point!

Personally, the only star trek show worth watching is the original series.( and a new generation) Sure, it’s old and the special effects can be very poor at times, but I love that show. It’s shows like Picard that milk the teats of the franchise dry, the shows that are desperate pleas for ‘more cash!’

sorry for my ramble. It’s all over now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lewie said:

@Vanamonde good point!

Personally, the only star trek show worth watching is the original series.( and a new generation) Sure, it’s old and the special effects can be very poor at times, but I love that show. It’s shows like Picard that milk the teats of the franchise dry, the shows that are desperate pleas for ‘more cash!’

sorry for my ramble. It’s all over now!

to be fair picard happened because of a massive outcry of fans. so far my only problems with the series is they disappointed me with borg stuff that didn't go anywhere, and they need to learn how to do space battles. only some of the characters are annoying. 

Edited by Nuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

I don't know how they can produce shows with equally interesting characters and plots like DS9 but screw up royally here.

Because they didn't steal it from J. Michael Straczynski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superfluous J said:

Because they didn't steal it from J. Michael Straczynski.

both shows did a lot of things right. i dont like arguing about which got the idea first. because thats some of the best scifi ever in my book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

Because they didn't steal it from J. Michael Straczynski.

 

Yeah..  they had their differences though.

Aliens: B5 aliens acted like real human individuals from human cultures and were hardly monolithic. DS9 aliens were monolithic and consequently more or less more alien than 'alien' behavior in B5... with Vorlons being an obvious exception. Those guys were weird. The Shadows were just death incarnate with a chaos agenda. The Cardassians of DS9 reminded me a lot of the Centauri. Just more monolithic.

Villians: B5 had a lot of them, but also tended to kill them off. Whereas DS9 had less and tended to keep villains alive for as long as possible. I must say that B5 never had a Gul Dukat... though Londo came close... but ultimately Londo was never a true villain. Dukat was.

He had his 'good guy' moments though. He loved his daughter.

 

 

Yet ultimately... after she died Dukat had no more facades left to play... mentioning her briefly.... and later succumbing to the evils he had suppressed, if only because Ziyal gave him unconditional love despite his glaring faults. After that he went downhill.

 

 

Going downhill....

 

 

Edited by Spacescifi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

An important thing I learned from Divine Divinity where there were no hobbits. but agricultural dwarves instead (in addition to usual, industrial dwarves), is that numerous human-like races are excessive and appear when an author can't or is too lazy to deal with humans*) only (and maybe some nonhumanoid race just as a human vis-a-vis).

*) In case of KSP - Kerbals.

Edited by kerbiloid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

Wow Vanamonde! You usually go out of your way to be kind and polite.

That was him being overly kind and polite regarding ST.   There are two shows you don't tangle with the angry banana on, and ST is one of them.   The other is not mine to reveal.   If Van says ST:E was bad, then I trust him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

The other is not mine to reveal.  

Hint: It's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can appreciate @Vanamonde's position on Enterprise.  I hated that "Temporal Cold War" arc and it together with other things led me to not care about keeping up with Enterprise, so I didn't see most episodes.  Sure, there were some good episodes.  But so much damaged to Star Trek canon due to writing laziness or barely concealed hubris, hard to tell which.

Enterprise only looks "good" when it gets compared to the recent films ("Star Trek" (2009) and its 2 sequels), Discovery, and Picard, which double and triple down on the bad aspects of Enterprise and totally ruin Star Trek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

That was him being overly kind and polite regarding ST.   There are two shows you don't tangle with the angry banana on, and ST is one of them.   The other is not mine to reveal.   If Van says ST:E was bad, then I trust him. 

 

Hahaha... that is rather telling!

Personally, I consider Enterprise lower than Voyager.

Those two capped off a great TNG/DS9 run with many forgettable episodes.

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

An important thing I learned from Divine Divinity where there were no hobbits. but agricultural dwarves instead (in addition to usual, industrial dwarves), is that numerous human-like races are excessive and appear when an author can't or is too lazy to deal with humans*) only (and maybe some nonhumanoid race just as a human vis-a-vis).

*) In case of KSP - Kerbals.

 

Dealing with humans is fine, but adding the bells and whistles of humanoids either can be interesting or even parody if done right.

It saddens me that THIS version of Gowron never was on any Star Trek TV, just a game.

 

Edited by Spacescifi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bells and whistles can be added without having them grown.

Spoiler

fantasy-art-magiya-shaman-1335.jpg

That's the main advantage of a sapient species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 11:47 PM, Lewie said:

Personally, the only star trek show worth watching is the original series.( and a new generation)

I agree, it is pretty good even though it was married by poor acting and storyline, and the stuff about the Prime Directive was a little hazy, but TNG came along and fixed that up, and to this day it is still my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 4:03 AM, Vanamonde said:

Hint: It's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

And I used to like you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay I still do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.