Game Crashed Deleting Data

I recently went on a saved game of mine and built a simple rocket in the VAB. Once I launched the vessel, the game immediately crashed. I went back on about half an hour later to find that all my data from that saved file was deleted. Has anyone else had this problem, and know if there is a way to get back the data?

Never had such an issue, though I follow my own guidelines as mentioned here 

There should be a folder "Backup" just below your current Career/Science/Sandbox save game folder (like "D:\Kerbal Space Program 1.10.1\saves\Career\Backup" for me), just copy one of the backup .sfs files to the save game folder and see if that works.

Actually, I accidentally deleted something in the save file's folder (I forget what it was) when I was trying to copy and paste the persistent file, and when I went onto the game, it said that the save game wasn't compatible with the current version of KSP. Before, it said that it was just started, and nothing would happen when I clicked the load button. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.