Quality of Life Parts and Improvements

Pretty straightforward list.

Ground Effect Simulation

Not nearly as complicated as something like FAR. This would simply increase lift and perpendicular thrust values near surfaces, allowing hovercrafts and ekranoplans to work properly.

Offshore Launch Site

Simple launch site off the coast near KSC marked by buoys. Vehicles are deployed at their center of buoyancy. We could finally have a dedicated facility for launching boats, seaplanes, and Sea Dragon replicas. A nearby rig could provide extra fuel, helipads, and EVA shenanigans.

Spawnpoint on Other End of Runway

Facilitates takeoffs to the west with no need to waste fuel in a turn. This could go for the Dessert runway as well.

Perpendicular Runway

Facilitates takeoffs to the north and south.

Flood Tanks

Mainly for tilting water-launched rockets upright, but are also perfect for proper submarines.

Liquid Fuel Tanks in More Sizes

Again, pretty simple. Using fuel-oxidizer tanks and just removing the oxidizer wastes a lot of space and leaves extra weight.

2.5m Fuselage Pieces

For proper B-29 replicas and other similar aircraft. This would include top-opening cargo bays, tail cones, crew cabins, and a new cockpit.

Smaller Wing Parts

The smallest fin available is... pretty ugly. Doesn't fit with other parts very well. It would be nice to have smaller wing panels and control surfaces, possibly thinner than their larger counterparts as well.

Usable Inland KSC, including old SPH and runway

The nostalgia freak in me speaking. I'd love to be able to launch from an updated KSC2. The buildings would be updated a bit with better graphics and EVA doohickeys, though they would keep the same overall appearance. We could also use the old building interiors to build vessels, surrounded by happy memories.

Old Part Models as Part Variants

Bringing back the old look, smoothed out a bit to keep up with graphics.

Larger Rocket Engines

I've found it interesting how we have all of these 3m and 5m parts, but only one 3m engine and no 5m engines. Granted, we can use a bunch of smaller engines, but c'mon. This is KSP. We need some giant stuff.

Edited by JMBuilder

Interesting, But Some Of The List Can Be Done With Mods.

10 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

Again, pretty simple. Using fuel-oxidizer tanks and just removing the oxidizer wastes a lot of space and leaves extra weight.

11 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

2.5m Fuselage Pieces

For proper B-29 replicas and other similar aircraft. This would include top-opening cargo bays, tail cones, crew cabins, and a new cockpit.

Can Use Tweakscale.

11 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

Offshore Launch Site

Simple launch site off the coast near KSC marked by buoys. Vehicles are deployed at their center of buoyancy. We could finally have a dedicated facility for launching boats, seaplanes, and Sea Dragon replicas. A nearby rig could provide extra fuel, helipads, and EVA shenanigans.

Can Be Done By Building Your Own On Kerbal Konstructs Or

Still Requires Kerbal Konstructs.

14 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

Usable Inland KSC, including old SPH and runway

The nostalgia freak in me speaking. I'd love to be able to launch from an updated KSC2. The buildings would be updated a bit with better graphics and EVA doohickeys, though they would keep the same overall appearance. We could also use the old building interiors to build vessels, surrounded by happy memories.

Again, Can Be Used With Kerbal Konstructs And Select The KSC2 Launchsite, And You Can Add A Runway.

12 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

Old Part Models as Part Variants

Bringing back the old look, smoothed out a bit to keep up with graphics.

Nostaligc, For Sure.

16 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

Flood Tanks

Mainly for tilting water-launched rockets upright, but are also perfect for proper submarines.

Can Use The Ore. Use The Move Tool To No Clip Through The Sub.

Basically I Just Made It Harder With Mods.

Requesting It To Squad Is A Good Idea. 

1 hour ago, JMBuilder said:

I know what part of the forum I'm in but I'm gonna say it... There's a (tiny and epic) mod for that:

It's somewhat sad that such an easy thing had to be left to be made into a mod, and it's easy to imagine that practically everyone who spams the NERVA on their ships needs this... but eh. It's there. As a mod.

1 hour ago, JMBuilder said:

Offshore Launch Site

I have a mod that adds a decked out harbor made of KK stuff (I know, not simple), and I experimented with the idea of an in-ocean facility... but it's hard to get creative and be satisfied with KK in the water because everything has those triangle and hexagon platforms around them, assuming you want to have a pavement for your base to sit on. And I don't think there's a freely licensed buoy static for use. My harbor can handle boats and seaplanes (including storing them, and you can buy or sell fuel (fill or empty your ship) at the tank statics there) but there's no explicit provision for a Sea Dragon (there's no VAB and nothing to act like a fence around the spawn point). You could still launch something huge from a spawn point above the large submerged triangle, though. And it leaves no room for a north-south runway.

m5INdVa.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.