KSP 1.11 update

26 minutes ago, JIMMY_the_DOG said:

I had this mod all until ksp got stuck loading some sort of "kartofulkuchen" and refused to load more until i had closed kerbal out after a couple hours..... then i deleted this mod and kerbal loaded so.... anyone know any answers?

Kartoffelkuchen is a mod developer, and iirc he has nothing to do with KRE

16 hours ago, JIMMY_the_DOG said:

I had this mod all until ksp got stuck loading some sort of "kartofulkuchen" and refused to load more until i had closed kerbal out after a couple hours..... then i deleted this mod and kerbal loaded so.... anyone know any answers?

I have been using this mod for a long time and never had a problem, do you use the latest module manager?

Are you on Steam?Verify files, disable cloud saving etc.

I doubt this mod caused your problem.

Edited by Boyster

I use the lastest module manager, i dont use steam, and when i deleted the mod kerbal loaded again....

And i know how to install mods; i actually have too many!

oh wait a minit

this is the wrong mod :(

oh hOLD UP

sorry everyone

the mod im thinking about is by that kartoffel whatever guy and it had to do with spacex parts so I confused the 2...

On 8/26/2020 at 10:56 PM, Fraktal said:

I flat-out don't give a damn what Elon does between rocket launches. Partially because I'm against the whole "ostracize this person for all eternity, waah waah waah!" thing that's all too prevalent these days whenever anyone steps out of line for what's considered politically correct

I'm sure, he's much better with humans, than we with Kerbals.

Xplosions depending on the spent energy. Otherwise who needs those asteroids when they are harmless.

I feel like we should have more rover parts, also GIVE ROVERS A USE, Give rewards for driving over a planet, give contracts to land a rover on a planet or moon(these would not occur for gilly, bop, or pol, as they are too small for rovers), but maybe give a contract that says, land an unmanned rover on duna, it must have an antenna and the ability to generate power, it also must have X science equipment on it(NO SCIENCE JR OR MYSTERY GOO), also we need rover specific experiments, the contracts could say, land a rover and then visit these locations and do a rover specific experiment, also this would add so much to KSP.

For the rover specific contract, you already have some of those (like go to those 3 points on the surface of whatever and do science there). Granted you could do them with a hopper, but it's easier to do it with a rover. Also the scanning arms are typically made for rovers (you need to go next to a surface feature to use them), but those arms are in Breaking Ground

2 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

I feel like we should have more rover parts, also GIVE ROVERS A USE, Give rewards for driving over a planet, give contracts to land a rover on a planet or moon(these would not occur for gilly, bop, or pol, as they are too small for rovers), but maybe give a contract that says, land an unmanned rover on duna, it must have an antenna and the ability to generate power, it also must have X science equipment on it(NO SCIENCE JR OR MYSTERY GOO), also we need rover specific experiments, the contracts could say, land a rover and then visit these locations and do a rover specific experiment, also this would add so much to KSP.

Agreed. One contract idea that comes to mind is "collect science here with a rover that landed at least X distance away and covered that distance on wheels" (ie. no powered biome hopping allowed).

Or "collect X type of science from every biome on this celestial body using unmanned craft only". Slow, but gives a really big payoff if you actually do successfully waste your time on it.

Maybe a stock chem cam of sorts, Or a mod i might make in the far future "Genesis kerman: rover and tin cans division"

Maybe a stock chem cam. The "Sport Kem Kam" based of the spirit rover's chem cam and one based off of curiosity/perseverance

Some rover experiments or folding panels like the ones on oppy

Hey we should call in @RoverDude, He does have rover in his name

Oi roverdude i got an idea "Genesis kerman: rover and tin cans division", Got more rover parts ranging from sojourner to perseverance. Like some folding panels or skycrane parts. Antennas and wheels a batteries galore!

If you make it please credit me its just and idea

As for SpaceX, whether or not an official collaboration happens, 'falcon style' landing legs, grid fins, and 'Starship' style control surfaces would be a welcome addition.

Not sure I would want to take on the contract to launch all those little comms sats though.

All of us agree, Rovers should be the next update to KSP, there is so much you could do, for example, give contracts to land a rover somewhere, and then get contracts to go somewhere with the rover(the max dist from the rover would be 25km, so you do not need to spend HOURS driving), also I agree, visiting all biomes on a planet with one vessel should be a contract, however, make it so you cannot rise more than(highest mountain) on the planet, so biome hopping would be impossible, as it could also require there be no engine and the craft be unmanned, this way probes and rovers have more uses, also, give an advantage to making rovers as opposed to biome hopping, for example, maybe have points of interest, that if you visited them with a rover you would get science and/or funds also add more rover parts, spirit and oppy solar arrays, larger RTGs designed for rovers, larger rover bodies, landing systems(such as skycranes) and perserverance style wheels, spirit and oppy wheels as well. science experiments could be an APXS(alpha proton X-ray Spectrometer) chem cam, sample drill(allows surface sample by probes), smaller, but interplanetary capable antennas, Gas chromatograph, radiation detector, and oxygen generation experiment(would only work on planets with atmospheres)

this would give rovers a purpose and for good measure throw in some orbital only experiments, e.g gamma ray spectrometer, orbital mapper, comms occusion(all planets) as well as the ability to transmit data to other crafts, so that your rover can transmit to the orbiter, and the orbiter moves to the other side of the planet and talks to kerbin, also, this would mean that space stations would have a use

4 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think we are in debt for an aircraft focused update, I'm not one of those people who uses this game as microsoft flight sim but some glider wings and new fuselage pieces would be cool as well as stuff to make spaceship one. Plus more jet engines.

ROVERS NOT PLANES, its kerbal SPACE program not kerbal plane program, if you want plane parts get mods, rovers and probes should be in the update.

19 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

All of us agree, Rovers should be the next update to KSP, there is so much you could do, for example, give contracts to land a rover somewhere, and then get contracts to go somewhere with the rover(the max dist from the rover would be 25km, so you do not need to spend HOURS driving), also I agree, visiting all biomes on a planet with one vessel should be a contract, however, make it so you cannot rise more than(highest mountain) on the planet, so biome hopping would be impossible, as it could also require there be no engine and the craft be unmanned, this way probes and rovers have more uses, also, give an advantage to making rovers as opposed to biome hopping, for example, maybe have points of interest, that if you visited them with a rover you would get science and/or funds also add more rover parts, spirit and oppy solar arrays, larger RTGs designed for rovers, larger rover bodies, landing systems(such as skycranes) and perserverance style wheels, spirit and oppy wheels as well. science experiments could be an APXS(alpha proton X-ray Spectrometer) chem cam, sample drill(allows surface sample by probes), smaller, but interplanetary capable antennas, Gas chromatograph, radiation detector, and oxygen generation experiment(would only work on planets with atmospheres)

this would give rovers a purpose and for good measure throw in some orbital only experiments, e.g gamma ray spectrometer, orbital mapper, comms occusion(all planets) as well as the ability to transmit data to other crafts, so that your rover can transmit to the orbiter, and the orbiter moves to the other side of the planet and talks to kerbin, also, this would mean that space stations would have a use

ROVERS NOT PLANES, its kerbal SPACE program not kerbal plane program, if you want plane parts get mods, rovers and probes should be in the update.

dude, chill. I agree with you but this isn't a debate. I doubt the devs would actually listen to us in the first place. They'll probably end up redoing a planet no one goes to and revamping a few parts.

KSP 1.11 I believe needs to work on previous features. Aviation still needs a whole lot of work to get done. I also feel like even though it has improved very much, I think performance still needs to be a main focus. And you could add some sweet touches with some cool SpaceX parts you could make a good update.

Bigger landing legs? Yes!

SpaceX clones? NO!!!!!! Why? See my previous post in this thread.

Also yes to reskins of older parts, and new fuel tank skins, like pure, seamless white and a matte black theme. I would love to see more aircraft parts, like engines.

What about giving comets gravity. Yes, it's not as easy as reskins, but it's also not that hard, just use the gravity code that's existed in the game for years, and use it to accelerate the player towards the comet just like a planet. Of course the harder part is trajectory prediction, but that shouldn't be very hard because all it has to do is simulate the ships path and draw a line in front of the ship to indicate the trajectory. Of course if takes too much time to code such a small change they shouldn't do it. 

Other than that I would like them to revamp the atmosphere shaders. Not something like scatterer. Just something that doesn't look like a layer of fake fakeness on top of the nice revamped terrain. I would like to see non neon colored atmospheres that fade into space instead of having a definite edge. And having a haze effect would be nice if they were willing to go the extra mile.

Idea, why not do a probe and reusability update, also @SQUAD please do not just do part revamps, add parts, bigger ion/nuclear engines would be great, nuclear reactors, MORE ROVER PARTS, also stop revamping planets nobody goes to, revamp planets in order of how much they are visited, e.g, Dres and eeloo go last, mun and minmus go first, also REVAMP TYLO, VALL BOP AND POL, SERIOUSLY, ALSO FIX THE POL TERRAIN BUG.

1 hour ago, kspnerd122 said:

REVAMP TYLO, VALL BOP AND POL, SERIOUSLY, ALSO FIX THE POL TERRAIN BUG.

Bro, relax a little. The Joolian system will get revamps in due time, just have a little patience. 

but please, for the love of pete could the stock water get overhauled? The code for fantastic water is out there, after all...

Edited by Lewie

1 hour ago, Vinhero100 said:

clouds.

Do we want it:

YES!

Will we get it:

Probably not D:

Will we get it eventually:

KSP 2

2 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

POL TERRAIN BUG.

Never heard of this can someone fill me in?

Edited by Guest
spacing was incorrect

13 hours ago, SOXBLOX said:

Neither have enough mass IRL to produce gravity. And this would kinda mess up asteroid fuel depots and things, since they'd be on rails.

I'm pretty sure the largest comets do, as in they can be orbited but have so little gravity that there are no other effects although orbital velocity would be like 1 m/s, since these do have a decent fraction of gilly's mass. Although I do think that only the largest comets should have it. Also, in comets, I think they should appear around planets to simulate minor moons. Maybe 4 interstellar 5 medium and 8 small ones around Jool and 4 small ones around Eeloo (you have to give it more than Pluto to compensate for no Charon.) With gravity for the interstellar sized ones. Also, didn't Rosetta orbit a comet?

I don't care about clouds of they improve the stock atmosphere and water shader. I mean the stock atmosphere and water shader are worse than the one in alpha Minecraft (the world's second worst water shader.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.