KSP 1.11 update

Also I can show you screenshot

I use for beyond home

because with normal scatterer my FPS is extremely low

with Scatterer+(my small alteration) it makes the game think it is not installed, but it still runs

Max parts in BH without it 100 parts

After that it got unplayable

Note This INCREASES the crash rate

but it made Beyond home playable for me

10 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Also I can show you screenshot

I use for beyond home

because with normal scatterer my FPS is extremely low

with Scatterer+(my small alteration) it makes the game think it is not installed, but it still runs

Max parts in BH without it 100 parts

After that it got unplayable

Note This INCREASES the crash rate

but it made Beyond home playable for me

It's not running if you renamed the folder....

Next time you launch the game, watch the loading bar on the bottom. If it doesn't show the directory loading then your "Scatterer+" is placebo.

Beyond home has better textures and effects than stock that work with stock. So what you're seeing is likely BHs default settings without Scatterer installed. 

There’s a video premiering (ehhh) on the KSP YouTube channel right now, whose thumbnail is a picture of Bop, titled “KSP Loading... Preview: Bob revamp | 1.11 Update”

So they’ll be continuing the visual additions at least. 

EDIT: Aww, they chickened out and fixed it to “Bop.”

Edited by RyanRising

This thread became a brainstorm of what we want from 1.11. Let me join in. I hope they will just fill in some gaps in the basic stock parts:

• Larger landing legs (no objections if they accidentally look like the Falcon 9 legs, but other designs also fine).
  • Wider range of decoupler sizes (smaller and larger)
  • Better RCS for large ships, either (or both):
    • 3.75m reaction wheels (because Kerbals launch huge ships, and I cannot support 1000 parts to put RCS thrusters everywhere)
    • Larger Vernor engines, or an easy way to couple other engines (e.g. Terriers) to RCS controls
  • KER made stock (should have been done years ago)

10 minutes ago, Magzimum said:

KER made stock (should have been done years ago)

We do already have the majority of information that KER provides in the stock game (dV, TWR, AGL altitude, orbital information, etc), so what more would you want?

Edited by RealKerbal3x

On 9/1/2020 at 5:21 PM, kspnerd122 said:

All of us agree, Rovers should be the next update to KSP

A little arrogant to speak for “all of us,” especially considering that is not the consensus of this board...

On 9/1/2020 at 5:21 PM, kspnerd122 said:

ROVERS NOT PLANES, its kerbal SPACE program not kerbal plane program, if you want plane parts get mods, rovers and probes should be in the update.

To be fair... SPACE planes... whereas rovers REQUIRE friction with the ground to operate, they cannot operate “in space.”

On 8/4/2020 at 12:30 PM, GuessingEveryDay said:

But the Starlink satellites orbit at 550 km, which for the Americans is 341.75 miles above Earth. The ISS orbits at 254 miles. And often the ISS is tricky to see.

Somehow I missed this one. It's actually 342 miles. You can't add those two decimals; they're not included in the "550 km" either.

I see this a lot in translations. "It's about 10 miles" gets translated to "It's about 16.1 km" when really all you can say is "about 16 km" or, given the tendency to round to "nice" numbers when using "about," probably even "about 15 km"

On 10/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

maybe we will see cave update. C'mon guys, Minecraft just did it.

Lighting up the Tylo Cave - KSP Discussion - Kerbal Space Program Forums

You know what? If they made certain planets have caves, and you could collect unique science form the cave...

...that would be amazing!

On 10/22/2020 at 11:44 AM, Magzimum said:
  • Better RCS for large ships, either (or both):
    • Larger Vernor engines, or an easy way to couple other engines (e.g. Terriers) to RCS controls

The ability to set engines as RCS is a great idea!

On 10/22/2020 at 11:55 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

We do already have the majority of information that KER provides in the stock game (dV, TWR, AGL altitude, orbital information, etc), so what more would you want?

I want G-force / max G-force memory, suicide burn indicator & time to surface/target impact. Suicide burn indicator to target and minimum separation to target would also be funny.
Also current biome indicator would be nice, now we just have to retry the science experiments all the time, hoping you entered a new biome.

Edited by kedrednael

Guys, guys, guys...

Back, a few months ago, when there was the ksptv livetsream, Umocapra did say that there was some incredible content coming in 1.11....so with all due respect, these suggestions are likely to be moot, seeing as Squad already has their plans in action.

Cheers-

Lewie

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

Guys, guys, guys...

Back, a few months ago, when there was the ksptv livetsream, Umocapra did say that there was some incredible content coming in 1.11....so with all due respect, these suggestions are likely to be moot, seeing as Squad already has their plans in action.

Cheers-

Lewie

Incredible content sounds very good!
I wasn't expecting the suggestions here to actually get implemented (in 1.11), I was just suggesting things, as is the subject of this subforum.

Having scrolled through most of this thread...
yes, please make rovers more useful to have - and preferrably less painful to use too. rover autopilot feature maybe?
Doesn't need to be fast, just have some way of remotely driving the thing to a waypoint because doing it yourself is just painful since wheels hardly do more than x2 phys timewarp and even when they do, excessive use of F5/F9 is mandatory.

Also Planes/Wings.
Gimme better wings! Sure I can build a custom wing out of the "structural wing" parts and circumnavigate Kerbin, but it seems to drive the partcount up and performance down unnecessarily...
Please? ;)

On 10/23/2020 at 1:08 PM, kedrednael said:

Also current biome indicator would be nice, now we just have to retry the science experiments all the time, hoping you entered a new biome.

Tip1 : include a Surface Scanning Module in your craft. At the start of your flight, right-click and pin the PAW of that part. For minimal extra weight and cost, you get a live display of the current biome. Bonus: it also shows the exact LAT/LON, updated live as well.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:49 AM, Kerbart said:

You can't add those two decimals; ...

Ahh, the black magic of significant digits. Those gave me so much trouble in school. "Whaddya mean I can't put those there?"

And I really don't care for collabs, but if they do do some, I only want to see national agencies, not private companies. I particularly want moar solar panels.

44 minutes ago, anti_con2 said:

We need an Eve revamp in 1.11.

Already done in 1.8:

On 9/26/2019 at 1:13 AM, SQUAD said:

Kerbal Space Program Update 1.8 on PC

Terrain Revamp for Eve and Gilly

Eve and Gilly are two more celestial bodies which are getting a make-over with new high-quality texture maps & graphic shaders. Together with Duna, Ike, Minmus and Mun, the celestial bodies will be worth revisiting, if only for the view. 

Eve

image image image image

Full post: 

On 8/4/2020 at 2:51 PM, AlamoVampire said:

I am personally not a fan of the idea of ksp partnering with SpaceX. Why? I honestly dislike how Elon thinks trashing LEO with starlink satellites is a good idea. I am all for reusability do not misunderstand, but his practice of adding hundreds of satellites to low earth orbit that rob deep sky astrophotographers of valuable data (wasted frames, seconds to upwards of 7-10 minute shots) all because of a shiny train of satellites tore through the shot streaking it? I was a spacex fan before starlink, not any more. Yes its great to see NASA crews launch from Florida, but, to me, starlink tainted spacex for me. 100% my opinion. 

I'm an astrophotography and I've only gotten a starlink satelite in my frames once. It's really  not a big deal. You just take the bad frame out. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.