KSP 1.11 update

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 8:44 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Reusability is entirely feasible with stock parts, but is simultaneously niche enough that many players won’t care and yet is already covered by a range of mods that can make rockets either recoverable (get the funds back for them) or outright reusable (actually refuelling the rocket, adding new payload and launching it again).

Stratenblitz did something like this in stock KSP, so just copy his design.

Now on topic, one thing I wish is UI improvements:

• Better filtering of objects on the tracking station, such as showing only objects orbiting or landed at a chosen parent, showing only objects with a pending maneuver node and such;
  • Filtering of missions during gameplay, allowing to filter out missions that are unattainable with the current craft;
  • Sorting mission options at the mission control, such as by reward value and deadline;
  • A listing of stored experiments instead of having to click 'keep experiment' dozens of times when checking stored experiments;
  • Ability to take only specific experiments;
  • Telling what speed and altitude an object will be at a given point  in it's orbit;

edit: Another thing

• Finding an object by searching it's name, it's a pain in the ass trying to target a particular asteroid for capture when there are dozens of them
Edited by Jack Mcslay
Adding another idea

I like to see stock clouds in 1.12 ...not everyone is keen on fiddling with Mods and waiting for their compatibility to newer ksp-versions. Especially for console players who can't install mods, clouds would be an optical enrichment.

And another thing for 1.12 I like to see are station parts - make space stations a real thing and give them a usefull purpose. Give us things to do up there, which can only be done in a space station. 

Also Iike to see bigger commandpods. E.g. a crew capsule with 5 or more kerbals or some part ideals from the near future series implemented in stock.

5 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Also Iike to see bigger commandpods. E.g. a crew capsule with 5 or more kerbals or some part ideals from the near future series implemented in stock.

With the new group of capsules for the commercial resupply they should add some larger ones since these capsules can have like 7 people but you should sacrifice kerbal seats for cargo

56 minutes ago, Rakete said:

And another thing for 1.12 I like to see are station parts - make space stations a real thing and give them a usefull purpose. Give us things to do up there, which can only be done in a space station. 

I personally think the new "VAB anywhere" is a fantastic reason to have a space station around every world you're serious about. Especially Kerbin.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, Jack Mcslay said:

Finding an object by searching it's name, it's a pain in the ass trying to target a particular asteroid for capture when there are dozens of them

Theres a mod called tracking station evolved that does that and other QOL improvements

I would also like to have sounds for propellers. I'm into propeller thingys at the moment. But unfortunately, they are all silent. Some nice noises would be a great addition. 

... and well integrated stock clouds (optional for those with weak Computers)... :-)

On 11/28/2020 at 4:20 PM, Le Lynx said:

SLS, and more space station parts

we already had an quasi sls update with the mammoth and orange tanks

I would like...

Actually I don't have an idea...

Edited by Starhelperdude
wrong engine named

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.