How can l open making history.exe?

That sounds super suspicious to me. 

There is no "making history.exe" in the KSP install folder, never has been. 

Piracy(esp of company as lovely as SQUAD) is not ok, but getting your PC ruined by a malware program is also not.  If you are looking at a "making history.exe" in KSP context, you certainly have been deceived at some point in the chain.

My advice DO NOT RUN THAT PROGRAM, and if you have done so already, download and run a quality anti virus program as soon as you can.  It is very common place for malware of various sorts to masquerade as legitimate software.

Both KSP expansions are super worthwhile(in fact imho KSP is not complete without them) and if they are not on sale on Steam, you can find legitimate game keys other places like ebay, g2a(BAD idea) it is 100x better than dl from a site you dont trust, even if worst happens(unlikely) and Steam ends up removing game from your library, at least your PC wont be ruined.

Anyway, get your computer checked if you did try and run that, "making history.exe" does not come from SQUAD or KSP.

MCExpert says there is a legit "making history.exe" if one downloads direct from SQUAD(see below).

Edited by Gavin786

If bought from the web store, then the Making History installer for Windows is an executable file. However, the web store, or GOG's offline installers if you bought from there, are the only places where this applies.

If you have bought the product from the web store or GOG and the expansion installers are not working, please email [email protected] for assistance. If you bought from Steam or are using the GOG Galaxy client, then there should be no installer executables at all.

7 hours ago, Gavin786 said:

He said "installer", not "in the install folder".  Different words meaning entirely different things.

7 hours ago, Gavin786 said:

If you are looking at a "making history.exe" in KSP context, you certainly have been deceived at some point in the chain.

I downloaded the Making History installer from the KSP store - and it's a .exe file.  There is a world beyond Steam.

16 hours ago, MCexpert2011 said:

l tried to open the making history install executive file, but it won't work. Nothing happened. Help me please!

Try deleting that copy and downloading it fresh. 

Meanwhile, I'm moving your thread to support, since that seems to be the kind of issue. Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 5:52 PM, Superfluous J said:

Where did you get this file? Did you buy it from Squad, or Steam, or somewhere else?

In the https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

On 8/7/2020 at 1:43 AM, Gavin786 said:

That sounds super suspicious to me. 

Piracy(esp of company as lovely as SQUAD) is not ok, but getting your PC ruined by a malware program is also not.  If you are looking at a "making history.exe" in KSP context, you certainly have been deceived at some point in the chain.

My advice DO NOT RUN THAT PROGRAM, and if you have done so already, download and run a quality anti virus program as soon as you can.  It is very common place for malware of various sorts to masquerade as legitimate software.

Both KSP expansions are super worthwhile(in fact imho KSP is not complete without them) and if they are not on sale on Steam, you can find legitimate game keys other places like ebay, g2a(BAD idea) it is 100x better than dl from a site you dont trust, even if worst happens(unlikely) and Steam ends up removing game from your library, at least your PC wont be ruined.

Anyway, get your computer checked if you did try and run that, "making history.exe" does not come from SQUAD or KSP.

It is a DLC of KSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.